*** The La Cuisine 'General Discussion' Thread ***

Man of Honour
I'm in my thirties and only just discovered how awesome BLT's are. Always thought it was weird to put salad on a bacon butty, so never had it before, but my sister made me one a few days ago and I've been eating them non stop since. Also pretty sure the lettuce cancels out the bacons unhealthiness right? :p

This is absolutely correct :p

Going for my usual SeriousEats spam: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/08/ultimate-blt-sandwich-bacon-lettuce-tomato-recipe.html

Decent crunchy lettuce and pre-salted tomatoes really ups the game. As does frying the toast in the bacon fat. Nom nom.

Soldato
A good BLT is the king of sandwiches, needs just the right amount of mayo too.

Then you max it up to a club sandwich with added chicken and avocado. Extra points for fried egg too.

Mmmmm.

Caporegime
I want to try some high quality olive oil,does anyone know where and what to buy?
A good site is https://www.oilandmore.co.uk/4-extra-virgin-olive-oil

They’re expensive but the best Tuscan oils are. Anything grown and pressed in Tuscany is very likely to be jolly good stuff. I forget what program exactly, but I’m pretty sure I saw Rick Stein use Seggiano olive oil on one of his programmes, and he was saying at the time how important a good olive oil was, so it must be very high quality oil.

Man of Honour
A good site is https://www.oilandmore.co.uk/4-extra-virgin-olive-oil

They’re expensive but the best Tuscan oils are. Anything grown and pressed in Tuscany is very likely to be jolly good stuff. I forget what program exactly, but I’m pretty sure I saw Rick Stein use Seggiano olive oil on one of his programmes, and he was saying at the time how important a good olive oil was, so it must be very high quality oil.
thanks heard a podcast and so many stories about olive oil, wanted to give a bottle a try, maybe one off. Who knows till I try one. even on that site the price range is massive, with no real clue what the differences are, suppose i'll pick one in the middle and see what its like.

Soldato
I would find a local delicatessen and try some, that's how I have bought in the past,
specifically from here https://www.ecomusee-olivier.com/product-page/moulin-des-ombres-jean-rené-de-fleurieu, purchased in France though, so not very useful.
edit - the peppery / fresh(acidic i guess) taste were the attractions

I wouldn't mind finding a UK online source started looking here www.oliveolive.co.uk - but the website is a pile of bloated java code - who designs these sites, style over function to capture the foodie zietgeist

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Adam richmann has a "new" TV show growing around the world season2 has finished.
£24 for the season on Amazon. Or can be found on youtube, just play at 1.5x speed to normalise it.
Why is so much American TV so hard to get over here(and poorly advertised, something a bit of advertising would actually be useful for, unlike endless adverts for products that have existed for 40 years) and when you can get it, it's stupidly expensive.

lesson learnt added him on facebook so will see any future endeavours he does.

Last edited:
Soldato
Adam richmann has a "new" TV show growing around the world season2 has finished.
£24 for the season on Amazon. Or can be found on youtube, just play at 1.5x speed to normalise it.
Why is so much American TV so hard to get over hear and when you can get it,it's stupidly expensive.

it

Waaaou that almost had me worried.

I was only just reading the thread about someone with a wonky game clock speed making everything abnormally fast and them im wondering why the video in this is definitely running slow.

Sneaky bypass methods :p

Back
Top Bottom