*** The La Cuisine 'General Discussion' Thread ***

Man of Honour
Waaaou that almost had me worried.

I was only just reading the thread about someone with a wonky game clock speed making everything abnormally fast and them im wondering why the video in this is definitely running slow.

Sneaky bypass methods :p
:( need to find another method, not only the speed, but they have cropped the screen and cropped it massively.

would be more than happy to pay a couple of quid to rent it. but no £23.49 to buy the season. that's like 3 months of netflix.

Soldato
I have been buying these small healthy meals from my local protein and no doubt food shop

There basically frozen plastic take away tub with cooked chicken rice and broccoli in

I eat one a day at work but recently prices have gone up to £5

Can I just cook up some chicken, rice and veg let it cool and stick it in the freezer? It’s a 7 min microwave job

Soldato
I quite like their bread
Agree especially if you can get the hot ones just out the oven (they could charge a premium) I could pick up one of their 50p white cobb loaves every day.
their variety of baked on premises loaf cakes good too.

I keep meanng to email them because they do not disclose butter content on the croissants/danishes.

Soldato
... just caught up on ITV's restaurant tricks of the trade interesting -
they went to 6 london restaurants/bars and found, that cocktail spirit measures which customers thought might have been equal to number of component spirts eg 4. were in fact sometimes less than 2 (50ml) for pinoclada's and always less than 75ml.

so customers felt they were short changed ... better off with a medium wine or a beer - better value for money acohol content - LOL

Soldato
... just caught up on ITV's restaurant tricks of the trade interesting -
they went to 6 london restaurants/bars and found, that cocktail spirit measures which customers thought might have been equal to number of component spirts eg 4. were in fact sometimes less than 2 (50ml) for pinoclada's and always less than 75ml.

so customers felt they were short changed ... better off with a medium wine or a beer - better value for money acohol content - LOL

Cocktails have never been subject to the Weights and Measures act IIRC, otherwise a Long island iced tea would have to have a minimum of 125ml of spirits in it.

Soldato
Didn't think it was worth starting a thread for; I'm interested in getting one of those gadgets to make large ice balls/cubes so you have a huge piece for drinking straight spirits. Does anyone have one to recommend?

Soldato
Impressive! Thanks for the comments guys. Now I want a full Wintersmith ice chest. :D :D
Seriouseats seemed impressed with it and it would be awesome to have clear ice.. not sure how much I use it for £80 though. Going to have look at some of the alternatives too.

Soldato
Does anyone know how to store Hachimitu Umeshu? My wife and I were served it at the end of a meal in France last week, as an alternative to a strong digestif - turns out I'm not a big fan of Japanese French fusion food...

However, I've just bought a bottle of Hachimitu Umeshu, as it was lovely stuff, but with the bottle printed in Japanese I'm not sure whether it should be refrigerated immediately (wouldn't have thought so) or stuck in the fridge once it's been opened. It wasn't cheap to get it imported, so don't want to waste the bottle by storing it incorrectly. If anyone knows I'd greatly appreciate their thoughts.

Soldato
Had no idea what it is, so i googled it and came accross this exert from Master of Malt that should help

Akashi-Tai Umeshu 50cl Bottling Note
What do you get when you make a plum liqueur with Sake? You get Umeshu! Using Ginjo grade Sake, plum and sugar, Akashi-Tai make an properly classic Umeshu that can be enjoyed hot (like Sake regularly is) or cold as part of a dessert. Once it's opened, you're going to want to keep the bottle in a refrigerator.

Caporegime
At the age of 30 something I have today bought my first ever Microwave.

Anyway, who knew there are such a range, from £50 supermarket ones to £700 ones. Ended up with a Panasonic flatbed with inversion technology. 1000% more than what I needed it for but it was £160 so not too bad.

eNANPog.jpg

Back
Top Bottom