The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Soldato
Deathloop's a strange one for me. There's times when it's the solid 10 the reviews are going on about and others when it's a good 8. Either way one of the best things i've played this gen and the first time i've dusted off the PS5 since launch month!

Soldato
Deathloop's a strange one for me. There's times when it's the solid 10 the reviews are going on about and others when it's a good 8. Either way one of the best things i've played this gen and the first time i've dusted off the PS5 since launch month!
I had a ton of CeX vouchers so I picked this up today. Got tons to play but I'll get into this one soon.

Soldato
I had a ton of CeX vouchers so I picked this up today. Got tons to play but I'll get into this one soon.

Good stuff - I reckon you'll like it. I've never played anything quite like Deathloop and love the premise, detail and how the background/story are delivered. One suggestion tho - do what's fun and experiment rather than what's most effective. The criticisms of the game becoming easy too quickly are valid and it does detract if you go in with the most op skills and weapon mods and blast your way through every stage.

Soldato
Marvel's Avengers 7/10 was fun being Iron Man and Thor! Great game to just pick up and play. Not the most engaging story but decent. Good showcase of Xbox Series X features and love the inclusion of Dolby Vision HDR.

Mafia 1 definitive remaster 9/10. Genuinely the most enjoyable game for me in a long time. Can't believe I missed the initial Xbox 360 release. Looks like a modern game too (some textures here and there aside).

Mafia 2 definitive remaster 8/10. 2k not doing it up the same way they did 1 took something from the experience. Story is not as good as the 1st but love the way it fits into the overarching narrative across the 2. Fun game and engaging story.

Man of Honour
God of war - 10/10

I mean, wow, what a game that somehow balances huge set pieces with some equally impressive heart felt moments and character development. My first PS game and first on the PS5 and I literally can’t fault any of it. Here’s to Ragnarok (and Spider-Man next).

Man of Honour
God of war - 10/10

I mean, wow, what a game that somehow balances huge set pieces with some equally impressive heart felt moments and character development. My first PS game and first on the PS5 and I literally can’t fault any of it. Here’s to Ragnarok (and Spider-Man next).

I bought this and Horizon Zero Dawn at launch but they're both still sealed :eek:

Game Pass has ruined playing other games as Game Pass games are temporary and should be completed first. Maybe I'll get around to them in 2030.

Soldato
Life is Strange: True Colours - 9/10

Really enjoyed this one, by far the best in the series. In a lot of ways it's more of the same, but it feels like a much more mature game than the earlier entries. Great characters, some surprisingly moving scenes and dialogue and the visual improvements along with much better facial animations really help to make the performances feel more believable. If you enjoyed any of the earlier games it's a strong recommend.

Also got the Wavelengths DLC episode to play later.

Soldato
Deathloop - 8/10. I loved Deathloop at the start. Really loved it. This carried on into mid game while acquiring weapons, mods/skills, and then appreciating the nuanaces of the locations and how the backstory and characters are fleshed out. Then it got a bit boring. I was a god walking around that nothing could scratch and what was a super interesting exercise of joining the dots at times became a chore. Quality stuff either way that at times is top tier.

Tails of Iron - 9/10. Totally my bag, so it's hard to be objective (-1 if you're not into 2D/indie games). Tails of Iron is great. Slow, measured, challenging combat in a crazy, tiny medieval world were evil frogs have attacked the nobel rats. On paper that sounds super twee and normally I'm not into anthropomorphising animals (altho Death's Door is my other fave game of this generation, so that might not be the case anymore), but it's not. It's brutal. It's also possibly, without exageration, the best looking game i've played in 40+ years of gaming.

Look at it!

Soldato
Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

Not my normal type of game but gave it a go as its on gamepass. Mind bendingly frustrating in places to the point of being on the brink of mental breakdown!!! Omfg escaping the sand worm, so much rage, hnnnnnnnng!!!

Lovely game though, and a real breath of fresh air for me given I'm a hardcore first person shooter fan!

Solid 8/10. A bit buggy and I didn't like some of the game mechanics and felt there could have been more utilisation of capabilities/skills as well as more depth to the combat.

Caporegime
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - 2/5

Boring, dull and frustrating are the three words I'd use to describe this game. Hated Control and this felt like a cheap imitation, just with Stormtroopers and lightsabers.

Soldato
Picked up Life is Strange and Sackboy today. I've got Deathloop on the go and Far Cry 6 at the end of this week so I am sorted for a while. Nothing else of note for me is releasing until the new Horizon game launches in Feb.

Just completed Kena Bridge of Spirits. Lovely game really enjoyed it. Bosses are hard on normal so finished it off by lowering the difficulty a notch. Beautiful game and a nice story.

Soldato
Zelda Wind Waker HD (WII U) - 9/10

Still a classic in many ways, it's distinctly charming, and the HD Remaster does away with some of the flaws of the original release by reducing the Triforce hunt etc. Not a perfect game; certain things feel very small by modern standards, you can feel it's age, but still an excellent game if you enjoy Zelda games, or adventure games in general. Also still utterly charming, and despite the age, the visual style has held up well in a timeless sort of fashion. Also very few visual glitches which is nice.

The bit where you go underwater for the first time and realise you're in the same Hyrule as the one from OOT, just hundreds of years later [and flooded], with direct visual representations of the Sages from OOT in the Castle and other story and plot continuations etc was just mind blowing at the time, especially when I played the GC release back in 2002, and these things are still powerful now with it spoiled/already known, as well as the other various references throughout the game.

The design of the King from BoTW was also almost directly lifted from this game/HD remake, he looks almost identical. Not a big deal, but a nice point for continuity/lineage.

Not on the Switch right now though, so one you have to hunt down at this point!

Soldato
The walking dead Michonne - 7/10

Ok, but the weakest of those I’ve played. Lacks something that I can’t quite put my finger on, really short too.

It’s also a little deceiving with game pass that Season 3 and Michonne only offer the first episode, you have to buy the rest. They are pretty cheap and I’m basically hooked now.

Onto the final season, 4, of the walking dead.

Erm, that's not true... unless it's changed since? I played all of Michonne free on Gamepass.

Played it yesterday and also give it a 7. Really enjoyed it and got my back into Telltale's games.

Back
Top Bottom