The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Man of Honour
The walking dead Michonne - 7/10

Ok, but the weakest of those I’ve played. Lacks something that I can’t quite put my finger on, really short too.

It’s also a little deceiving with game pass that Season 3 and Michonne only offer the first episode, you have to buy the rest. They are pretty cheap and I’m basically hooked now.

Onto the final season, 4, of the walking dead.

Soldato
jeez you're burning through them! I hope you are taking time to reflect on choices and not just clicking through just to complete the games.

Also after the games, i took to youtube to see where alternate choices what have taken me.

But yes, played them all too and definitely in my top fave games.

Man of Honour
jeez you're burning through them! I hope you are taking time to reflect on choices and not just clicking through just to complete the games.

Also after the games, i took to youtube to see where alternate choices what have taken me.

But yes, played them all too and definitely in my top fave games.

Yes, I read and think about all the choices, but you aren’t given long to do that anyway. Most of the games are quite short. Michonne is only about 4-5 hours.

Man of Honour
The walking dead The final Season - 9.5/10

I shuffled my ratings slightly now I’ve completed them all. They’re all fantastic, although season 3 is pretty irrelevant to the series.

Would probably order them:
Season 4
Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Michonne

Man of Honour
The walking dead The final Season - 9.5/10

I shuffled my ratings slightly now I’ve completed them all. They’re all fantastic, although season 3 is pretty irrelevant to the series.

Would probably order them:
Season 4
Season 1
Season 2
Season 3
Michonne

I've started going through these now. I also have the Batman, Borderlands, The Wolf Umong Us, and GoT from Telltale to play via Games with Gold.

Man of Honour
I've started going through these now. I also have the Batman, Borderlands, The Wolf Umong Us, and GoT from Telltale to play via Games with Gold.

They were utterly brilliant. Batman and The Wolf Among Us are both sat waiting for me to play. I suspect I’ll play Batman next. I remember borderlands being fantastic.

Man of Honour
They were utterly brilliant. Batman and The Wolf Among Us are both sat waiting for me to play. I suspect I’ll play Batman next. I remember borderlands being fantastic.

If they're as good as you say then I think I will be buying Guardians of the Galaxy. The first chapter of the first walking dead was good so far, although the decisions seem to have no meaningful impact so far.

Soldato
Ori and the Blind Forest on XSX. First metroidvania style game I've played for a quite some time and aside from a few frustrating bits ...
poxy Ginso tree water run and the fire mountain back and forth
I thoroughly enjoyed it. 8/10

Started and already plugged several hours in to Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Visually, quite a step up from the first one and looks fantastic on the LG CX!

Man of Honour
If they're as good as you say then I think I will be buying Guardians of the Galaxy. The first chapter of the first walking dead was good so far, although the decisions seem to have no meaningful impact so far.

The first walking dead gets better and better. I always struggled to get through the first couple of chapters. In reality I’m always doubtful how impactful the choices are, although there are a few of significance - they also aren’t confined to each game.

Is guardians of the galaxy available on the Xbox store? Missed that one.

Ori and the Blind Forest on XSX. First metroidvania style game I've played for a quite some time and aside from a few frustrating bits ...

Started and already plugged several hours in to Ori and the Will of the Wisps. Visually, quite a step up from the first one and looks fantastic on the LG CX!

Will of the Wisps is absolutely stunning, visuals and audio. I stopped playing blind forest, I’m not in the mood for anything too challenging at the moment :p

Soldato
12 Minutes - 7/10

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Wasn't too sure about the controls or whether I'd get bored, but finished it in a couple evening's worth of playing. Loved the story.

Man of Honour
Also completed Hades yesterday, got lucky with some drops that made the whole thing hilariously easy. Would also give it 7/10

Will probably have a few more runs, but not onto Telltale Batman.

Man of Honour
Also completed Hades yesterday, got lucky with some drops that made the whole thing hilariously easy. Would also give it 7/10

Will probably have a few more runs, but not onto Telltale Batman.

I tried another run with some modifiers but I had no motivation now I have beaten the game, so I'm uninstalling.

Soldato

Blind Forest and Will of Wisps are great, i remember that hard part you mentioned. Will of Wisps has some tricky parts as well that can take quite a few goes, but I aways find eventually it just clicks, never did I get to a hard part and need to give up.

Soldato
I tried another run with some modifiers but I had no motivation now I have beaten the game, so I'm uninstalling.
But you’ve not beaten the game? Beating Hades is just the first part to the story?

Unless the story didn’t interest you, which is fair enough!

From what I remember there is more story, and you get to add modifiers / ‘heat’ to make it harder and push the story forward too.

Man of Honour
But you’ve not beaten the game? Beating Hades is just the first part to the story?

Unless the story didn’t interest you, which is fair enough!

From what I remember there is more story, and you get to add modifiers / ‘heat’ to make it harder and push the story forward too.

As I said I already played with the modifiers, which don’t add anything interesting to the game. They mostly just make enemies live longer or add another attack to their loop.

The game is missing anything to motivate you to keep playing after beating it.

Soldato
I think we’ll have to agree to disagree. It just depends what you want from it.
If you just want one play through and beating Hades once and leave the story there, then fair enough.

For me, I don’t think it’s missing motivation to play again. I've enjoyed progressing the story past the initial play through and trying out the different powers and getting more powers etc and doing better times with different combos of powers/weapons and things. It’s not a game that’s about just playing through to the end once.

Speaking of which, I really want to give Returnal a go sometime!

Soldato
Speaking of which, I really want to give Returnal a go sometime!

Probably my favourite game of this gen (not that there have been many!). If you like roguelikes/lites, 3rd person shooters, bullet hell games or things inspired by the Alien franchise then it will definitely be for you. I found it hard but I got to the end of it and adored it. I sold it on and I regretted it straight away. I'll grab it again in a sale one day.

Back
Top Bottom