The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Associate
Deathloop: 8/10

Not quite the messiah of gaming that reviews made it out to be and the story was absolute nonsense, but enjoyable and quite fun.

Soldato
Finished The Dark Pictures Anthology House of Ashes last night. Thought it was actually pretty good. If you are not a fan of QTE stuff then you will not like this. Thought it was decently well done, with an intriguing story and some interesting characters and decent twists and turns. I played Man of Medan and thought it was ok didn’t play Little Hope but picked this up cheap on the PS5 and enjoyed it. Obviously not as good as Until Dawn but not that money. The new one that in development does messed up tho.

Soldato
Halo Infinite SP -7.5/10. Really enjoyed this to begin with and it’s not actually a bad game but fell a little short for me overall.

The main issues for me are under utilised potential in gameplay and environments, pretty poor story and worse script. It does have great sound and the gunplay is pretty solid also. The gunplay and combat are a large part of what makes this game click and feel right, I think.

Enjoyed it enough to play it through to completion within a few days but ultimately walked away feeling like it was a missed opportunity. Almost like Halo has developed an identity crisis. Still, I can’t complain with it being on Gamepass day one. Still a solid game well worth a play through but the multiplayer is arguably where the focus is and where the longevity will come from.

Days Gone -9/10. I really loved this game. Started it back in November 2020, had a break and came back to it a few weeks back. Finally pushed through to finish the story. Whilst some of the story was a little predictable it was nevertheless engaging and the voice acting superb. Hard has hell in some places! Very enjoyable game (for me at least) and even though the story is done I’m still wanting to take down the remaining hordes! I got to the end of the story and felt genuinely happy. Felt like a job well done and because I was invested in the characters it made it more satisfying. Ridiculous really, given it’s a game and the people are not real, but for me that’s what make games like this and TLOU so powerful - they are so well put together they make you care, one way or the other, about the outcome.

Man of Honour
Wolf Among Us: 9/10

Hope this company hits its strides again and makes more.

None of the old talent are at the new company, it’s Telltale Games in name only (and IP).

It’s such a shame that the company was so poorly run with so much debt, they made superb games.

Finished The Dark Pictures Anthology House of Ashes last night. Thought it was actually pretty good. If you are not a fan of QTE stuff then you will not like this. Thought it was decently well done, with an intriguing story and some interesting characters and decent twists and turns. I played Man of Medan and thought it was ok didn’t play Little Hope but picked this up cheap on the PS5 and enjoyed it. Obviously not as good as Until Dawn but not that money. The new one that in development does messed up tho.

I hope that you’re playing them in asynchronous coop, they’re incredible experiences played that way and a tenth as good on your own.

Soldato
None of the old talent are at the new company, it’s Telltale Games in name only (and IP).

It’s such a shame that the company was so poorly run with so much debt, they made superb games.

Wolf Among Us: 9/10

Hope this company hits its strides again and makes more.

I've played GoG, Batman and Walking Dead Telltale games which were excellent - but played the first chapter of Wolf Among Us and never went any further - thought it was pants :( Am i missing something?

Soldato
Returnal 10/10. All around excellent game. With the fear of dying and restarting as you get deeper and deeper the stakes get bigger and bigger. Very rewarding, adrenaline pumping game.

Caporegime
Astro’s Playroom 10/10

It was so nice to feel just pure joy in a game. I see why such things by Nintendo do so well.

Slightly disappointed in the DualSense in the way that it doesn’t convey sensations as I thought it would. I.e. if you closed your eyes, you wouldn’t be able to tell you’re walking through sand on the beach. But maybe that’s just me. By Jove, it gives the mechanisms a good workout though. Many more games doing that and it will fall to pieces!

Associate
I'm not normally a platformer fan but when I got my ps5 I could not put astro playroom down until I had the platinum trophy. I still go back to the speed run section to try and beat times, they really should make a full game release it would sell like hot cakes!

Caporegime
I'm not normally a platformer fan but when I got my ps5 I could not put astro playroom down until I had the platinum trophy. I still go back to the speed run section to try and beat times, they really should make a full game release it would sell like hot cakes!

Yeah, I spent all day on it yesterday and got the platinum late last night. Makes me want to try Sackboy to see if that's as good.

Back
Top Bottom