The last game you completed, and rating (Console Edition)

Soldato
Stray 8/10

Quirky little game and good simple fun.

Not much happening other than some simple puzzles and “find thing somewhere and use it” type gameplay.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the 5 or so hours it took to complete.

Underwhelmed by the ending I got. Not sure if that’s the only one or whether you get better endings if you get all badges etc.

Soldato
Death Stranding. Almost dropped it one point because of the grind but glad I stuck with it as the story grows after you meet Mama and I started really liking it after that. Totally bonkers and an experience like no other. Satisfying ending as well though some mammoth cutscenes to get there. Kojima is bonkers with his ideas but I think we should celebrate that.

Soldato
Death Stranding. Almost dropped it one point because of the grind but glad I stuck with it as the story grows after you meet Mama and I started really liking it after that. Totally bonkers and an experience like no other. Satisfying ending as well though some mammoth cutscenes to get there. Kojima is bonkers with his ideas but I think we should celebrate that.
It's a masterpiece.

Soldato
Dropped it just after the boat ride. Might go back to it. Got super bored of delivering stuff. The story was cool and I enjoyed the cutscenes. Hated the BT mechanic / gameplay.

Soldato
Dropped it just after the boat ride. Might go back to it. Got super bored of delivering stuff. The story was cool and I enjoyed the cutscenes. Hated the BT mechanic / gameplay.
The PS5 is a nice upgrade with no load times and a stable frame rate. I did get a few wtf am I doing with my life with delivery fatigue but as I say once you get to chapter 3 (which is about a third of the game in itself) things start to get interesting and you get the ability to make roads and more access to vehicles and faster more powerful exoskeletons for your legs. Some of the later BT stuff is cool and mostly I just ran past them apart from bosses you have to kill. There’s even some WW2 battles in there which I wasn’t expecting! Mads Mickleson is great once you get into his story too.

Permabanned
50 - assassins creed iv black flag 7/10

Pretty good. Pirating was fun but got old quick when farming resources just to progress story.

Freedom cry next

Soldato
Tearaway Unfolded for PS4 - 6/10. Have dipped in and out of this one now and again over the years as a chilled little platformer to spend 30 mins or an hour on after work some evenings. Some clever gameplay mechanics but it's a game that far, far overstayed its welcome as the last few levels felt very dragged out with some ridiculous difficulty spikes. I was quite glad for it to all be over by the end, which is a shame considering the unique level design and visual style.

It was probably a game that worked slightly better on the Vita.

Soldato
Horizon Forbidden West.

7/10

Lovely looking game but, for me, it didn’t really bring anything extra or exciting in terms of gameplay and mechanics. I completed the main story in 60hrs, and was level 38. Had tons and tons of unspent skill points and in reality didn’t utilise much of the skill trees at all - I didn’t need to.

For me, it just felt like more of the same with better graphics.

Story was OK, but nothing to write home about. I wasn’t as engaged with the story as I was with HZD. Towards the end I was a bit bored if I’m being honest.

Not a bad game by any stretch, but I was hoping for more.

Soldato
Stray 7/10. It was pleasant enough but the whole game revolved around waiting for prompts to jump pretty much. I feel it may have been over hyped pre launch.
I didn’t finish it in the end. I mean it’s fine and all but not omg amazing. Having more fun playing other things so I uninstalled it.

Caporegime
Killzone: Shadow Fall - 7/10

Still amazingly pretty in graphical terms. Could hardly believe it was 1080p and not 4K. I did feel it got a bit boring by the end. Even though I'm missing a load of the trophies, doubt I'd play through it again.

Back
Top Bottom