The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
TNA;30450329 said:
Resident Evil 7 - So much better than RE6 I thought. Short but fulfilling experience. Must play if you enjoy horror/resi games IMO.

8.5/10

blueshift;30492718 said:
Resi 7, although the last parts , ie the mines and boss fight, were a big let down 7.5/10

Once i hit the ship and salt mines (more so the salt mines) it turned into a shooter and petered out for me.

But the first half of the game, lodge, puzzles, video tapes etc were excellent and were a reminder of Res Evil 1.

8/10, but could have been so much more (also a little short).

Soldato
Shadow Warrior 2 - This is such a good game and a total surprise as there isn't much hype about it. If you like Borderlands 2, Doom or Hard Reset then this is a must buy.

9/10

Caporegime
Alz_D;30490555 said:
Titanfall 2 campaign - 8/10

Had a blast with it. Ran like a dream, looked gorgeous and had enough going on to make it stand out from the crowd.

Yeah done and dusted

Game of the year for me....

Was a real hoot...

I am still trying to finish Doom

I'm bored with it.

Soldato
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

A truly fantastic cyberpunk experience. Kept the spirit of the predecessor, improved on it, focused action on just one setting (Prague), and nailed the bloody bits out of it. Plenty to do in it as well, I can easily fit 2-3 more play-throughs and still feel fresh, without counting the odd bits and bobs to reach that 100% completion. Thoroughly pleased with it and really surprised by all the backlash it received, but I guess a lot of people enjoy whinging more than playing games. Another instance of when it pays to ignore the hive-mind speaking (which it always does in cases of either backlash or hype; it's all good or bad, no nuance). Anyway, liked the little cliffhanger at the end, which wasn't quite a cliffhanger but did suggest the direction the storyline would take - too bad it's gonna be years until we find out. Gonna give it a break then will start a 2nd playthrough - guns blazing this time!

9/10

Associate
Razor Time;30495190 said:
Shadow Warrior 2 - This is such a good game and a total surprise as there isn't much hype about it. If you like Borderlands 2, Doom or Hard Reset then this is a must buy.

9/10

This is a game that I've also completed. However I'd give it a 6/10, it's lost some of it's identity imo. The first game for me was a 7/10 (iirc thats what I gave it) and although it made a lot of improvements over the first shadow warrior, I feel as though the gameplay loop isn't as appealing as it should be considering they went practically full on looter shooter. 90% of the loot wasn't even worth picking up, the upgrades were such minor upgrades that it never really added any sort of meaningful dynamic to the player/ weapon builds. I'm pretty sure they nerfed the only fun/ interesting player build only a few days after launch.

It was still a fun experience, but at the same time it was wasted potential. It has some of the best feedback in terms of enemy animations which really helps with adding weight to the feel of your weapons. However everything else is either mediocre or just out of place/ bad.

Permabanned
Shadow of Mordor. Bought it last year for under a fiver with all the DLC and finally got round to playing it. Really enjoyed all aspects of it, not much I could find to fault it. Will probably get to 100% completion before moving on to something else. 9/10

Soldato
Firewatch

Got it as it was half price and fancied something new and different, I am glad I did get this, a really great game, and fun to play, was hooked from the off and it just drew me in, a little short but, I really enjoyed the experience and find the hiking/using the map very good fun actually! 8/10

Soldato
Just completed the main story of Metal gear solid 5 - 9/10

STEAM said:
Recent Activity 156.1 hours past 2 weeks

Oh dear :o.

Would have been 10/10 if the setting was a bit more interesting, they didn't use Keither for the voice of Snake and they didn't strip the story telling/cut scenes back quite as much as they did. I was a big fan of the long ass cut scenes in the older games, so was a little disappointed to see them gone. Also not a big fan of the forced online fob thing.

Soldato
A Story About My Uncle. 8/10

Nice change and some interesting (someone's frustrating) mechanics. I enjoyed it. Definitely recommended if you want something a bit different and enjoy platform games.

Man of Honour
strumpusplunket;30406600 said:
Didn't really like the final boss either. The whole fight felt random. I defeated the boss first try, but had no real idea of the attack pattern, I was just double-jumping madly around the arena firing my most powerful weapons until they ran out of ammo.

Those are the sort of boss fights I like - a reason to use up some of that ammo I've been stockpiling, as opposed to some artibtrary gimmick like pressing a sequence of buttons or activating some sort of static weaponry.

Soldato
DEX 8/10

Nice indie 2d scrolling beat em up RPG. A lot of depth to the story (with multiple choice outcomes to most quests & fully voiced) Pretty good combat as well. I felt the ending was quite good but a bit short. Should last around 12-14 hours ish.

Well worth picking up as it is only £3.74 on steam right now.

Soldato
HangTime;30497614 said:
Those are the sort of boss fights I like - a reason to use up some of that ammo I've been stockpiling, as opposed to some artibtrary gimmick like pressing a sequence of buttons or activating some sort of static weaponry.

I know what you mean - I think I fired only two or three BFG shots outside of the boss fights! Still, the last boss didn't have that feeling in a positive way for me. I just used my usual favourite guns until they were emtpy and frantically switched to whatever still had ammo. Also, I'd rather there be some tactics or challenge other than just random fast button-mashing (doesn't have to be QTE, but at least some way on the continuum between randomness and Dark Souls bosses! :) )

Associate
Resident Evil 7 - 9/10

I love how this was similar to the earlier RE games with all the sneaking around, conserving ammo etc, and it was genuinely scary at times. It's a shame we don't get VR on PC for a year but that gives me time to save up for the expensive kit needed.

The only real criticisms I have is that I would have liked to see more varied enemies especially later in the game, and the final boss wasn't exactly a triumph of gameplay mechanics.

Soldato
The Evil Within DLC The Assignment and The Consequence. Not usually a fan of mainly stealth tactics but this was really well done. More great footage from an awesome game and makes the story from the main game all the more understandable. 9/10.

Back
Top Bottom