The last game you completed, and rating.

Fallout 4 - 8.5/10
A brilliant expansive game let down by a touch of repetiveness, needing mods to look PC worthy, no native 16:9 support and being pretty much the same as what Bethesda have been making since I discovered Oblivion.
I must stress that the game is brilliant, but these few flaws stop it being a ****ing masterpeice.

Associate
baldurs gate enhanced edition, plus new expansion pack siege of dragonspear,

never played the original, other than the gog re-release a few years ago that i never finished but remembered enjoying it and thought id give the enhanced edition a go, really impressed, they didnt dumb anything down, its just a moded baldurs gate with a few extra characters, i loved the challenge of it, no hand holding map markers every where, and the full control over my team mates, i liked all the mechanics, the story, how the dated gfx got you to use your imaginattion a bit more! awesome game, The dragonspear expansion allthough a bit linear was also decent, dunno why no one liked it, all that sjw stuff people moaned about was such a non issue for me.

9.5 out of 10 only because i cant give it 10 because baldurs gate ii is supposed to be even better!

Associate
Broforce - 8/10

Ridiculously frantic and fun romp - would heartily recommend as a quick pick-up game for 15 minutes. The characters are all largely fun to play and are handed out at pleasingly regular intervals.
Only criticism revolves around the switch to the xenomorph enemies some way through the campaign; I feel like the gameplay in these sections were awkward compared to the earlier missions. Although, I do understand the motivation to refresh the challenge, to extend the life of the campaign.

Controls are responsive - Graphics are pleasing with a lot happening on screen at times - Sound does the job.

Associate
Wolfenstein: The New Order - decent looking, great gunplay but thought story was only okay (maybe I had be led to expect too much). 7/10

Associate
Her story 7.5/10.

great acting and concept, could have with an automatic play of key scenes to explain the actual story once you finish it.

Associate
Batman: Arkham Knight - 7.5/10

Completed to 120% - enjoyed the story for the most part and the villains that were in it (although some felt rushed with QTE rather than actually taking them down). Would have prefered more open-worldesque crime solving in a populated world though.

Associate
gears of war 4 rating 8.0 if the you liked the other gears games you should like gears of war 4 same old game nothing much new but still enjoyable. i have now started the new cod game which i wasn't expecting much from but so far the campaign has been enjoyable i wont even try online im a battlefield guy

Associate
Batman: Arkham Knight - 7.5/10

Completed to 120% - enjoyed the story for the most part and the villains that were in it (although some felt rushed with QTE rather than actually taking them down). Would have prefered more open-worldesque crime solving in a populated world though.

i have went back to completed this game twice and keep losing interest in it. i loved all the other batman games but just cant get into arkham night

Associate
i have went back to completed this game twice and keep losing interest in it. i loved all the other batman games but just cant get into arkham night

Yeah agreed that it wasn't as good as City or Asylum (although better than Origin), the Batmobile parts felt all pretty dull for the most part personally and couldn't be doing with those sections again to be fair.

Soldato
Far Cry: Primal

7/10 It was fun to start but the story was rather poor, to the point that I don't know if I've actually finished the game. There are no more main missions on the map, only side missions. Nearly all animal types trained. It was just a little too easy but it did pass about 30 hours so can't complain too much.

Associate
Dishonored 2

Loved it! Did a clean hands Emily playthough. Next time it'll be a Corvo kill everyone NG+ playthough, but that's a while away. Other games to play first.

9/10

Associate
SOMA 8/10

I liked it, wasnt mind-blowing but I liked the lack of reliance on cheap scripted jump-scares & the overall 'feel' of the game was less cliche game-y and more individual style. environmental fx were nice as well.

dislikes:
would have been nice to be able to kill the monsters, and the later levels were prettier but short. Also the character models could have done with some serious work

Soldato
Far Cry: Primal

7/10 It was fun to start but the story was rather poor, to the point that I don't know if I've actually finished the game. There are no more main missions on the map, only side missions. Nearly all animal types trained. It was just a little too easy but it did pass about 30 hours so can't complain too much.

I got bored after a few hours, just like the previous games. Never been the same since the original. 3/10 for me :(

Just finished GTA V 10/10, just brilliant, loved every hour of the game. Made sure I still have a few side missions left after completing the game, including the assassination missions ;)

Soldato
SOMA 8/10

I liked it, wasnt mind-blowing but I liked the lack of reliance on cheap scripted jump-scares & the overall 'feel' of the game was less cliche game-y and more individual style. environmental fx were nice as well.

dislikes:
would have been nice to be able to kill the monsters, and the later levels were prettier but short. Also the character models could have done with some serious work

I loved it. I agree is wasn't quite mind blowing but it was such a cool concept and really got me thinking. Amazing atmosphere throughout. Amazing idea. More games like this please!

Associate
I loved it. I agree is wasn't quite mind blowing but it was such a cool concept and really got me thinking. Amazing atmosphere throughout. Amazing idea. More games like this please!

definitely! I dont want to be handheld and the less we have of UIs the better, this would be great in VR and I hope they are developing for the platform - creepy & suspenseful is great, jumpscares not so much (for me anyway)

Caporegime
The Secret of Monkey Island. I'd score it you-had-to-be-there/10. I never played it the first time round, though I recall my little sister did. It was ok, but a lot of it is just pixel hunting and inane puzzles. Meh.

Soldato
Firewatch 7/10

Ending was... meh.

It kept me going until the end, so couldn't have been that bad. However, some of the walking around was a bit "filller". All in all, yeah it was OK and yeah it was a bit different.

The controls were really clunky at times, and performance was quite juddery too.

Last edited:
Associate
Firewatch 7/10

Ending was... meh.

It kept me going until the end, so couldn't have been that bad. However, some of the walking around was a bit "filller". All in all, yeah it was OK and yeah it was a bit different.

The controls were really clunky at times, and performance was quite juddery too.
I pretty much agree with you after finishing this yesterday, but would have given it an 8 just based on how fantastic the beginning and 1st half of the game was. If the 2nd half was as good as the first it would have been about a 9.5.

You're definitely right about the performance, there was noticeable slowdown and occasional stutter which I assume was when the next area was loading. The frame rate was much lower than BF1 or RE7, so it's not very well optimised but this can be forgiven when you consider there was basically one person working on the engine.

I'd still say everyone should play this especially when it's on offer under £10.

Back
Top Bottom