The last game you completed, and rating.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Shadow of Mordor - 7/10

Started off a bit too open. Despite a lot of experience with the batman/3d action in general, I felt a bit unguided at the start. It was too open with no clear direction, and lots of orc respawns everywhere. Despite a bad (imo) start the game got a lot better and I was really enjoying the second half.
I feel LotR movie tie-ins is Star Wars for the generation that came 10-15 years after me so the premise and the plot didn't resonate with me at all but I did appreciate that you can't get a more key character than celebrimbor.

Associate
Ghost Recon wildlands 9/10
Now playing Dlc.
ive done 100 hrs or so. Super addictive
Also am an avid fan of rainbow six. 400 hrs and still retains my interest.

Associate
Batman Arkham Knight - 8/10

This game now plays perfectly on the 1080 Ti. That's right! The problem wasn't poor coding. ;) The game simply was waiting for the graphics horsepower of a nuclear power plant to get a solid 60 fps. With all that said, the game itself was actually brilliant. Really fun. Driving the car was as smooth as silk. No more frame rate drops... Loved it but subtracted 1 point for the poor initial release. If you've got a 1080 or higher then give it a go.

Caporegime
Batman Arkham Knight - 8/10

This game now plays perfectly on the 1080 Ti. That's right! The problem wasn't poor coding. ;) The game simply was waiting for the graphics horsepower of a nuclear power plant to get a solid 60 fps. With all that said, the game itself was actually brilliant. Really fun. Driving the car was as smooth as silk. No more frame rate drops... Loved it but subtracted 1 point for the poor initial release. If you've got a 1080 or higher then give it a go.

The game has ran superbly for a very long time now, heck it played great for me on release once I used Kaiden's tool to remove the FPS cap etc.

There is no need for a 1080 or higher whatsoever unless you have a 144HZ screen and want to get as close to 100+ FPS as possible....

hHn4iGK.png

Associate
The game has ran superbly for a very long time now, heck it played great for me on release once I used Kaiden's tool to remove the FPS cap etc. There is no need for a 1080 or higher whatsoever unless you have a 144HZ screen and want to get as close to 100+ FPS as possible....

Good point - I didn't realize the game was playable with older cards as I came from SLI 780's so the game was not playable. Regardless, I enjoyed it and the FPS never dropped below 60 fps. As a test, I disabled vsync and set the game to 90 fps max and it never dipped below 90. Loving this card as I was much overdue for an upgrade. :)

Soldato
Mass Effect Andromeda

Positives

• Graphics are excellent throughout and performance on a not very new pc was excellent for me
  • I like that everything ties in with the overall goal of settling Andromeda
  • You do get a sense of achievement when setting up outposts.
  • Even though there is a hell of a lot of poor fetch quests that are badly done, there is also plenty of really good, classic ME content too, you just have to wade through a lot of crap to get to it!
  • Some really cool varied locations. Not especially the planets themselves, but locations within the planets and one-off locations like asteroids, facilities etc. all well designed and fun to explore.
  • Lots of really good little dialogue that builds the lore. There really is tons and tons of throwaway dialogue throughout the game that all adds to the world-building and works well towards building the series for the future.
  • Loyalty missions are all very good.
  • It is a really good set-up for a future series. There are lots of intriguing plot-points set up for future instalments, if there are any!
  • I thought the ending was very good, leaving things open-ended and letting you play after the main story ends without losing any side quests for no reason(which is what DA:I did)
  • Combat is pretty good, if a bit fast paced for me
  • Deep crafting system...but not that much variety in what you can craft tbh.
  • Some nice hubs
  • You get to choose between male and female characters who are twins, and there is good use of the one you don't choose, which I liked
  • The Nomad is fun to drive around in.
Negatives

• Animations really are very poor. The latest patch was meant to fix things, but it looks worse to me. The eyes are the biggest thing. Everyone looks ridiculous. Also, a lot of the smaller characters look poor and move poorly.
  • Poor dialogue throughout. Just not up to standard. Lots of the individual lines said by characters just aren't very good.
  • Can't play as your own character. The main character is ok,but will have entire conversations with people without any input from you...can we now lay to rest the idea that Bioware make RPGs?!
  • Lack of interesting side characters. You get maybe two interesting squadmates, then the rest are entirely forgettable. Of all of the characters in teh rest of Andromeda, there are maybe one or two with any personality to them that makes me want ot see more of them. The Pathfinders were all pretty strong charaters though. IF there is a sequel. I would hope they are all involved heavily...But then Biware don't do character games any more it seems
  • The biggest problem- All of the boring quests. Sooo many boring fetch quests and 'can you scan 50 of these' BS. Lots and lots of the side quest are pointless, with no consequence or followup at all. Also, lots of them will make you travel too much which is beyond tedious. For example, you get an email form someone telling you to meet them on a planet, so you travel there(that is 3-4 loading screens). travel to the actual meeting place, only to be told in a 1 minute conversation, or worse through text that you now have to travel to another planet, then when you get there, you probably have to go to a different planet....yawn. Really badly designed.
  • Not much variety in enemies
  • Lack of progressions in outposts. You settle an outpost and then it basically stays the same throughout the game. Would have been nice to get some visual indication of them growing. At one point one of my crewmates said to go back to the first outpost to see how they were doing and I thought great, they will have improved it. No.
  • Lack of polish. Quests not updating, wrong dialogue playing(congratulating you for things you haven't done yet for example)
  • There is a general lack of imagination to the game. Two new alien races that are both boring in conception. Remnant are nothing new.
  • Personal one- The word Pathfinder is WAY overused. It is like they shoehorned it in at every opportunity
  • Lots of character's motivation make little sense really. They will often say things that just don't fit with their objective or what is going on. It is very 'gamey' in general. Things will happen because the game needs them to.
  • I'm not really sold on the whole premise of the Andromeda Initiative tbh.
  • Voice acting is patchy.
  • Clunky menu system, and the game doesn't tell you much of how things work.
Overall I mostly enjoyed my time playing the game. There were a lot of tedious bits, but also some good bits, and I think the game is a really good set-up for future instalments(that probably won't come now!).
Would I play DLC? Yes. I would look forward to it.
Would I play a sequel? Yes, but I would hope for improvements. I found it intriguing enough to be interested in the future of a series.
Would I recommend it? Yes, but beware you do have to wade through a lot of boring content

7/10

Soldato
Just finished the Titanfall 2 campaign, short... But actually good. 7/10 maybe.

Graphics are super sharp, really liking the texture settings, 7GB of VRAM used :D :o
This sort of thing, how do you know how much is used? I'm guessing an app running on a second screen or something?

Assuming this is the case could you recommend one. Recently bought a 8GB 480 Devil so it would be interesting to see :)

Associate
Just completed Prey. Would give it a 9/10, very good game and would recommend to all.

Gets a tadge hard towards the end due to running out of supplies (may just be me), so spent quite a few hours back tracking getting every bit of scrap I could find to fabricate some extra bullets etc.

Tempted to run through it again!!

Associate
Wow, Assassin's Creed has left a bad impression on me. Now, I was aware of all the warnings, but the first hour seemed awesome....then the repetition set in....oh the repetition! I read some people had issue with the insta-death water part of the docks but that was fine. I suffered through the whole thing hoping for story pay off and ultimately felt cheated out of a decent resolution.

I'd give it a 3 or 4 for the ideas and first bit but would never ever play it again.

Soldato
Mass Effect Andromeda - I am fan of the series and I absolutely loved playing this game. MAE ended up being allot bigger than I thought it would be with over 100 hours clocked which was a pleasant surprise, I really didn't expect it to be so big. Talking of pleasant surprises the visuals were also very good and its definitely one of the prettier games out there.

Overall I would score this a 9.5/10 and a game I will no doubt revisit again at some point. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The Forgotten City

This is a quest mod for Skyrim. It is very well made and highly acclaimed, featuring a great story which is very clever, and some really interesting mechanics.

• You play it within a Skyim playthrough from level 5 upwards. It is totally self-contained though in the sense that it takes place in one location and you can't leave until you have completed the main quest.
  • It will take anywhere from 3 to 8 hours I would say. There are many different endings, and if you do it 'wrong', it can end without you seeing the full picture.
  • The setting and characters are excellent. With each person having a good back story and feeling like they belong where they are.
  • The story is really, really top drawer. I won't give anything away, but I'll say it involves time travel, and incorporates it very well in to the game.
  • Voice acting is all very good, and the music is great and very atmospheric.
  • Production values all round are high.
  • Has some very interesting lore concerning dwarves.
  • The game reacts very well to what you have done, both in the mod and in Skyrim as a whole...You can play from level 5, but it mentions a lot of stuff you might have done from the main game, so maybe best to play it later. I was level 20
  • Really cool ending.
  • Easily the best experience you will have playing Skyrim.
Overall I couldn't recommend this mod more. That you can play it for free is scandalous, as it is more enjoyable than many, many full games released. It is very clever and lets you work things out for yourself in a way games don't do much nowadays. I will be keeping tabs on the developer, who apparently has a full game in the works(unrelated to this of course).

As this is a potentially free mod, I can't think of a reason to mark it down from 10/10. Highly recommended!

Back
Top Bottom