The last game you completed, and rating.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Resident Evil 7 - 9/10. Good game but lost a mark for being about another freaky girl with long black hair. Going to give the DLCs a go since I've got the gold edition.

Also completed the Fear DLCs, which were ok. Made a start on Fear 2 now.

Caporegime
I remember playing the Fear 2 demo and loving it, though the overall impression of the finished game wasn't as good as I had hoped. Pretty solid, though, and still well worth playing.

For me, the games thereafter the expansions seemed to offer less of the elements which made the first game so special. I seem to recall that the sound and music in the second game were a little more faithful to the original than in comparison to other areas.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Observer. Firstly you have to applaud the ambition and imagination that went in to making this game; it's absolutely a unique experience. That said, if I'm being honest, I really had no idea what was going on throughout the game, nor am much the wiser now that I've completed it! The game looks fantastic and the design of the world equally so with some genuinely creepy moments too. Still I enjoyed publisher Aspyr's earlier effort Layers of Fear much more than this one. 7/10

Soldato
Far Cry 5 - montana is beautiful, gameplay is mostly fun, but lack of immersive elements and some dodgy design decisions + terrible main story hold the game back. But it is still very enjoyable overall so 8/10.

Soldato
Far Cry 5 - 6.5/10

The world looks great, graphics are stunning and runs very smooth. However the main story line absolutely suck's, as does the whole questing in this game and there is no real depth. Such a shame coming from Ubi's Assasins Creed Origins.

Soldato
Slain - Back from Hell. This is a new game (well 2016) but in the style of the old school 2D arcade Castlevania type games with the hard as nails game play associated with such. It also represents the first 'new old school' game like this that I have actually completed so it felt really satisfying to see the end credits roll. Fantastic metal soundtrack too. 9/10

Soldato
Slain - Back from Hell. This is a new game (well 2016) but in the style of the old school 2D arcade Castlevania type games with the hard as nails game play associated with such. It also represents the first 'new old school' game like this that I have actually completed so it felt really satisfying to see the end credits roll. Fantastic metal soundtrack too. 9/10
Yes this game was good. I didn't expect to like it half as much as I did.

Not a metal fan but that OST was great, it can be had for pennies as well.

Personally I will be buying their new game on release http://store.steampowered.com/app/600130/Valfaris/

*edit*

If you liked Slain I recommend you check out Dead Cells which is a fair bit better tbh ;)

The levels constantly change if you like that sort of thing.

Soldato
Yes this game was good. I didn't expect to like it half as much as I did.

Not a metal fan but that OST was great, it can be had for pennies as well.

Personally I will be buying their new game on release http://store.steampowered.com/app/600130/Valfaris/

*edit*

If you liked Slain I recommend you check out Dead Cells which is a fair bit better tbh ;)

The levels constantly change if you like that sort of thing.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll be sure to pick up the follow up game from Slain. Dead cells looks great but the price is a bit steep for me at the moment. Wish listed for now...

Soldato
Far Cry 5 - 7.5/10

Stunning graphics, world and map design with lots of things most of which were a lot of fun. Interesting characters, some funny moments makes it easily the best Far Cry game since Far Cry 3. Story wasn't great but passable and at least it had a proper ending.

Well optimised and relatively bug free with unobtrusive and relatively pointless micro transactions; which for a AAA game in 2018 is saying something. My biggest issue is in an open world sandbox style game Ubisoft Montreal still haven't learned their lesson when it comes to keeping the story separate from wandering off and having simple mindless fun. More than once I was dragged kicking and screaming into the story because I had blown up too many fuel tankers, hitting you with bliss bullets 500M in the air was more than a bit annoying.

Still all being said I was pleasantly surprised how good it was, sure it doesn't break any molds but it does fine tune the expected and fun Far Cry experience to "near" perfection.

Soldato
Alan Wake

Finally got to finish this off after starting it many years ago. Absolutely love the Pacific Northwest setting and good story to boot. Combat got a little repetitive in the end and almost secondary to the game but still a great experience overall.

8/10

Alan Wake American Nightmare

Definitely feels like more of an add on and less polished than the original but a decent blast if little repetitive. Did also dig the Arizona desert/cheap novel vibe to it.

7/10

Associate
Firewatch. Cool game, but seems to have a very hate it or love it user review after it's finished. I'm in the hate it camp. That's not to say I regret playing through it though. Watching a playthrough by your favourite streamer would probably suffice imo.

Soldato
Yeah one of those games by the looks of it, more of an "interactive experience" than a traditional game. Speaking of, just finished SOMA yesterday and fantastic setting and good story. Think it's on sale now on Steam so definitely worth it for that, as many reviews mentioned the monsters in this are pretty irrelevant and more just there to set the scene.

Associate
Far Cry 5.

8 / 10 from me for this one.

Good few hours sunk into the game to complete it. I have not finished all the side missions, so may jump back in to mop up the few I missed on the way.

Graphics are very nice, well optimised, few glitches along the way but nothing too concerning.

Back
Top Bottom