The last game you completed, and rating.

Robocop, excellent game I would like to give it a 9 out of 10 but performance issued let it down.

The gun play is fun, tells a better story than the sequel movie's and it's good to have peter weller back as robo. The developer managed to capture the world of Robocop really well and it plays like you would expect a Robocop game would play like.

8 out of 10.

Lords of the Fallen (2023)
First thing to note is that this is much, much better than the 2014 Lords of the Fallen. Second thing to note is that it clearly wants so badly to be Dark Souls 4 you can practically taste it.

But, yeah, it's aesthically pretty cool. Sure, it goes for pretty much exactly the same bleak and eerie fallen world vibe that From are known for, but there are some very nice environment and enemy designs.

It has one major unique selling point - where it's really saying "look, we're different from Dark Souls because of this new thing!" That is that you have a lamp that lets you see into, and travel into, The Upside Dow... the Umbral. Also you revive in the Umbral if you die in the real world, giving you a second chance. If you can then find an Umbral exit you are back in the world with as many heals left as you "died" with. And new paths open up in the Umbral, water disappears, some new platforms and secrets appear. Oh, and if you stay there too long an uber-baddie appears and likely one-shots you (at least until late game when you might stand a chance aginst it). It's a pretty decent mechanic, actually.

I like how you can fire off slotted spells with a keypress rather than having to cycle through them all like in From games. I liked how tense it felt sometimes when I got kicked into Umbral miles from the last checkpoint and was despeately looking for an exit. I liked a few of the boss fights - but definitely not all of them. The first one is one of the best, sadly. And it sets you up thinking parrying is going to be really useful. And then it really isn't. And it saves up a reworking of Deacons of the Deep for the final boss of the ending I got, for some reason...

Overall, glad I played it. I liked it better than a lot of Souls-likes, but less than From or Team Ninja games and Lies of P. I won't miss getting shoved off the endless narrow ledges by the bazillion ambush enemies who have a stupid, fast, ublockable push, though. And I won't miss getting lost in the real world and then getting lost all over again in the Umbral on the same map. Does more right than worng, I think. Solid 7.5/10

Last edited:
Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition

Soulless.

6.5/10
I hated this game on playstation. Really one of the biggest examples on something being Over rated. It's just another open world assassin's creed sort of thing. And the protagonist got on my nerves :D not sure why, just couldn't get along with it

Talos principle 1 - 7/10. Worth buying, good puzzler but some of the designs were a bit poor later in the game. Throwing in a random mechanic for some puzzles which hadn't been used for 90% of the game, some running back and forth between areas was also a bit annoying.

Inside - 8/10.
Nice little 2D puzzle platformer. Very engrossing with some easy and some difficult puzzles. It feels very spot on in terms of how long the story goes. Has a very unique art style and sound effects that really immerse you into the tense scenario or leading into it. The auto saving makes it quite easy so you don't go back too much in the event of death and you restart/spawn (in most cases) fairly near where you die. The story is open to interpretation as is the ending but there is no dialogue and the game offers little help (albeit there might be very subtle clues) in terms of what needs to be done.
I played it with an xbox controller so was easy to just sit back and play.

Last edited:
Limbo - 7/10
From the same devs who made Inside except this one was made first. The story is more emotional. Puzzles are slightly more difficult/frustrating than Inside. Has almost no background sound to create the sense of atmosphere.

Kingdom Come Deliverance (second playthrough). Amazing, 9/10. Hi Henry.

Have been playing this myself for the first proper time this past two weeks.

Really enjoyed it but it’s starting to feel like a bit of a slog now that I’ve got to the siege quest. Even straight forward fetch quests are now convoluted and multifaceted and I’m getting to the point where I just want to get it done.

Shame really as it was going great until the monastery section onwards.

Submerged Hidden Depths - 4/10.
This is an exploration game apparently, but the game forces you to stick to the narrow path in terms of gameplay, except when in the boat which allows some exploration. But when doing the "puzzles" on land, you cannot go wrong at all even if you wanted to. The game has some jumping around and climbing ledges but this is literally just using the forward movement and the game does the rest for you. You can't fall off edges of tall buildings even if you wanted to try or between the ledges etc. All you have to do is mindlessly collect some objects to get some skins for the character and books to unlock the background story. The map is quite small and the game is about 2-3 hours worth. The story was partially interesting (maybe continued from the previous game which I hadnt played or even know about) and the sound effects were calming but there is very little challenge or skill required to get through this.

RDR 2 - 10/10

It's crazy to have a game that's still this good in 2024 that was released in 2018. It puts a lot of AAA modern games to shame.

100 hours to complete and loved every minute of it. It's actually spoilt gaming little for me because I've compared every other game to it and found them lacking.

RDR 2 - 10/10

It's crazy to have a game that's still this good in 2024 that was released in 2018. It puts a lot of AAA modern games to shame.

100 hours to complete and loved every minute of it. It's actually spoilt gaming little for me because I've compared every other game to it and found them lacking.
I completed it for the first time a couple months ago, found it very good. The combat was a bit average but the world and story building was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom