The last game you completed, and rating.

Alan wake 8/10
Excellent story driven game. Bought in a steam sale ages ago played control and liked the dlc so wanted to see a bit more about the background.

Now on to the second one

Last edited:
Alan wake 8/10
Excellent story driven game. Bought in a steam sale ages ago played control and liked the dlc so wanted to see a bit more about the background.

Now on to the second one
Please lmk what you think of the 2nd. Been considering buying it but have been avoiding reviews in case of spoilers.

i have just got through the 1st chapter/section and its very good. Its a very dark (both in tone and muted gfx) game and best played at night. I like the story so far although i died an awful lot at the very start due to zero hand holding with controls etc. i will post when i have completed it :)

Finished a few in the past couple of weeks.

Steamworld Dig - 7/10
Steamworld Dig 2 - 9/10
Hollow Knight - 8.5/10
Hellblade 2 - 8/10

Would recommend all three... Thoroughly enjoyable.

Last edited:
Alan wake 8/10

Now on to the second one
I might finally get round to playing it, it’s been on my long list of games I bought in a steam sale and never played lost for years

Last edited:
Resident Evil 4 Remake - 9/10

Really fun game. I stopped playing it for a few months when I was about 2/3rds of the way through but picked it up again and was hooked. Especially enjoyed the last few chapters that were almost pure action.

Although those regeneradors...

Will pick up the DLC soon

Hellblade 2: Senua's Saga - 9*/10

This is an excellent, but short game. Looks amazing on my setup (4080 & AW3423DWF), great sound, great acting & animation, great story, iffy combat.
I played it as part of Game Pass, if I'd paid full price for it I'd have to lower my score to 7/10 because of the short length.

Redfall

I don't finish a lot of the PC games that I start, as my Steam library will confirm, but I have finished Redfall :)

I really enjoyed it - although it is a flawed game, it's not as bad as the bad reviews make out.

The 'bad' AI made for a relaxing experience and I finished the game in 66h, completing every quest I could find and grinding some 'dungeons' for item drops.

I only grabbed it as it was around £10 on cdkeys and I thought "it can't be as bad as everyone says" and it wasn't.

For £10, I've had a huge amount of value out of it and may even replay as a different character at some point.

I've give it a 7/10 :)

Last edited:
Riven, the new one. Loved the original back in the day, and I loved this one too. I found this one less frustrating, or maybe I've mellowed a bit in my old age.
9/10

Finished a few in the past couple of weeks.

Steamworld Dig - 7/10
Steamworld Dig 2 - 9/10
Hollow Knight - 8.5/10
Hellblade 2 - 8/10

Would recommend all three... Thoroughly enjoyable.

Hollow Knight is amazing. Excellent balance of difficulty and fun. Its difficulty that you can overcome with skill and technique also rather than luck based.

I really need to get around to 100%ing it some day! Highly recommend to play with a controller also.

Fallout London 9/10
Absolutely brilliant way of spending 30 hours and I would have been more than happy if it’d cost £30, but even better it’s free at the moment.

Hollow Knight - 8/10
Don't get me wrong, I loved this however the difficulty level ramped up and the completionist in me really struggled to leave stuff alone. That non-100 (technically it's more) is going to eat away at me every time I see it!

Horizon Forbidden West - 8/10

More of an evolution than a revolution from the first, some excellent set pieces and fantastic visuals / performance.

The characters and writing are not quite S tier though and the open world format suffers from checklist fatigue in the later half of the game.

Back
Top Bottom