The last game you completed, and rating.

Monkey Island 1 and 2, Special Edition 9/10

Bought them both on steam yesterday, I seem to remember them taking me weeks to complete back in the day, still great games though!

Bioshock Infinite, 6/10

just completed Bioshock, not a great game in truth brings nothing new to the table quite generic not as good as Bioshock one, but a great story and ending,,.

Dead Island: Riptide. Had some weird frame rate issues on the 360, but it was decent. Felt very short and rushed though, with a lot of artificial life pumped into the game through generic dungeons with mini bosses and a million fetch quests. The ending was interesting though, very very interesting! 7/10

Amnesia.

Some scary moments but the slow paced nature of the game didn't suit me. Also the ending was terrible. Graphically it shows its age. Use of audio is excellent though.

5/10

Tomb Raider 2013 - 7/10

Enjoyable game, but it didn't really feel like a Tomb Raider game. I missed the exploration and traps/puzzles from the older games, and the quick time events are annoying.

Singularity - 9.5/10

A truly excellent and enjoyable game, brilliant storyline and gameplay mechanics. The plot was intertwined with twists, turns and scary moments which has the player on the edge of their seat. On the whole the combat was enjoyable, however sometimes it felt a little lackluster as the time manipulation device (TMD) which was central to the game did not perform as expected.

But, all in all, a truly enjoyable experience - would play again. It is a gem of an unknown game.

^Glad someone else liked Singularity, I've been plugging it a bit recently :). Kinda wierd situation, it has a metacritic score of over 75% on all the major platforms, it is built by a respected studio (Raven), yet you rarely see it mentioned anywhere. Maybe it just wasn't marketed enough - I can't help but wonder if it would have fared better had it been created as a spin-off of a major franchise like Bioshock, Wolfenstein or similar.

Crysis 3 10/10
Really?!

By the end of that game I just wanted it to be over, it started out great but went downhill so badly...

You really enjoyed the arbitrary car and flying sections? I'm not sure we played the same game.

------------------------------

For me, the graphics were stunning yes, absolutely awesome and jaw dropping in some places. I really enjoyed the first couple of levels with stealthing and bows etc, then sometimes going all out with the typhoon and some of the cool ceph weapons but...

There were too many different types of ammo, I want to be a tactical killing machine not a treasure hunter looking for as many different caches of ammo as possible.

Objectives were often confusing or vague, more than once I was wandering around trying to figure out where I was supposed to be going. There was one near the end where there was a network of tunnels you had to run through and the only way to get up was to jump up a tiny ledge which was not obvious.

My biggest issues though were the completely unnecessary driving and flying parts, especially the flying part where I was sat head resting on my left hand while I moved the mouse every now and then to shoot stuff.

After that the game just changed direction completely and left behind the nanosuit abilities altogether and I just ran past most of the enemies in the last level because there was no fun in fighting them and apparently I didn't have to.

To me, about half way through it just seemed like someone else took over and everything about the game became lazy level design, cliche'd plot and cut and paste encounters.

--------------------------

In conclusion, although I have played 1 & 2 before I have played and completed Crysis 1, 2 & 3 in the past week, sometimes I find it difficult to rate out of 10 or 5 or whatever but we'll just go with:

Crysis = Good fun, not such a good game but a nice sandbox and even now it looks the bomb and I loved the sci fi story. Good
Crysis 2 = A much better "game" than Crysis, it's a long game and feels really nice to play, graphics even better but story was lacking :D . Great
Crysis 3 = Average, smacks of a rush job to me, started out where Crysis 2 left off then descends into uber meh territory. Too short also. Average

Last edited:
It's been so long since I've actually completed a game, I tend to start and not finish games nowadays then go back to Counterstrike :D

I think my last completed game was - Metro 2033 9/10. Really fantastic, dropped one point due to no multiplayer! Looking forward to the new Metro on the 15th of this month :)

Deus Ex Human Revolution: 3/10.

Very repetitive gameplay, all you do is sneak around doing chores for the characters, the AI is retarded and the bosses are far too easy.
Another annoyance is that you pretty much have to save the game every 2 minutes as you don't want to have to play through the same part more than once and the auto-save doesn't save regularly enough.
The only joy I had whilst playing it was completing missions without being detected.

Not exciting.

Portal 2 about 2 weeks ago. It was really good, I loved the puzzles and especially the bouncy gloop. I'll give it 8/10 loses a couple of points as it's a sequel (you could almost say remake) and some sections were a little repetitive.

I completed the game in 2 sittings as I was hooked. It's been a long time since I played a game almost completely straight through. Possilby the first Far Cry was like that, I just couldn't stop playing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom