The last game you completed, and rating.

Bioshock Infinite

10/10, possibly the best game I have ever played.

Probably because gameplay innovation isn't the be all and end all for me.

The story was easily the most engaging story I have ever played. EVER. I actually got goosebumps at the end. Brilliant!

I can't believe people weren't able to follow the story though. Possibly they just tried to rush through to game, which makes no sense. It's clear they put a lot of effort and time in to crafting the story, set-pieces, locations, etc. So why not explore every nook and cranny? Got all the recorders (I think) so having more and more of the backstory unravel from other people's narratives was great (I'm aware similar was done in Bioshock 1, but that just didn't grab me at all.)

Story aside, the graphics were lovely, just walking around Columbia was such a treat, haven't been that happy to just stand around looking at stuff since Mirrors Edge.

Elizabeth was the first companion not to annoy the crap out of me.

Well bloody done devs!

Tombraider 2013 and Bioshock Infinite.

Enjoyed them both, i really don't have the time to play through something to the end if it doesn't keep me engaged.

The Bioshock narrative was excellent, really enjoyed the story :)

Hard Reset 6/10

Game was quite fun to start with and it seemed as though it had a good story going along, however it get a little repetitive in places. Good to play a game with proper big bosses again, even if they were a little easy.

The main gripe is that the game just ends as you expecting it to be getting better. I thought perhaps i'd pressed a button or it was a bug but no, upon launching the game it loaded up before the final boss fight. Completely ruined the story for me.

Hard Reset 6/10

Game was quite fun to start with and it seemed as though it had a good story going along, however it get a little repetitive in places. Good to play a game with proper big bosses again, even if they were a little easy.

The main gripe is that the game just ends as you expecting it to be getting better. I thought perhaps i'd pressed a button or it was a bug but no, upon launching the game it loaded up before the final boss fight. Completely ruined the story for me.

I know what you mean about the ending. In fact, I've since wondered if I've overlooked something. I bought the dlc, and I wasn't even sure if I had played it. Did it just carry on automatically from the base game, or do you have to do something to get it to work?

Bioshock Infinite 1-10 total boring sht , very poor compared to the first two works of art ,did not even bother to finish the game before returning it to the owner .Get attacked by big groups kill them all before being able to advance to the next part same old thing all the way through .Had loads of money never found anything worth spending it on .Far to linear for me .

Would rather play Dishonored for the sixth time in a row ,great game 10-10 ,play as stealth not killing anybody ,or just kill some or attack and kill everyone,great level up options and new powers .Interesting things to find. Has everthing bioshock infiinite should have had .

Last edited:
Hitman Absolution 8/10 really enjoyed the storyline and some of the game mechanics. The AI was a bit dumb in places and there was some really annoying levels but on the whole would play through again.

Finally got around to finishing Duex Ex 6/10. Liked the style of the game story was alright but it wasn't polished at all! Got a little repetitive and the boss levels were way to easy.

Doom 3 + Perfected mod.

Appears to be a work in progress, as some of the textures look like they haven't been touched yet; some look very good, though. It might be worth mentioning that you can download the files individually eg. Sikkmod + Wulfen texture pack + Monoxead textures and so on, or use this mod which combines pretty much the lot in one mod. I tried doing both, but there were differences. Doing things individually allows you to tinker with many more settings, as the Perfected mod is somewhat already pre-configured. I would also say that the colours were more vibrant if installing the mods individually. Both are system resource hogs, and unfortunately I wasn't able to crank it up to the very maximum and get a playable frame rate.

I enjoyed the combat much more; it's more realistic in that you can suffer damage in one hit than compared to before, but it's also nicely balanced as it works both ways. No more requiring umpteen shotgun shells to take out enemies, it does what it's supposed to do. Sounds great as well.

8/10.

Last edited:
Bioshock Infinite 1-10 total boring sht , very poor compared to the first two works of art ,did not even bother to finish the game before returning it to the owner .Get attacked by big groups kill them all before being able to advance to the next part same old thing all the way through .Had loads of money never found anything worth spending it on .Far to linear for me .

And that warrants it being rated 1 level above the worst possible game in the world? :rolleyes:

A friend at work is a huge PC gamer and said it was the best game he's ever played, he literally had goosebumps while he was telling me about it.

Funny but says a hell of a lot about the game.

I haven't played it, but the impression I get is that what most people like is the story. The game play itself is meant to be fair.

Im in the same boat and I feel the games approach is refreshing. Not inventing a style from scratch but just making it a great storyline that the player will care about and want to complete. I was the same with Far Cry 3.

Dishonoured

8/10 really enjoyed it, not the hardest game ive ever played, very easy to get out of a sticky situation but will give it another play through for the achievements of not killing anyone etc, as i just slaughtered everyone i saw haha

Bioshock Infinite - 9/10

Whilst I found the gameplay to be good, it was hardly groundbreaking and I found myself sticking to the same vigours all the time (probably my fault but I felt like some were far better than others). That said, the storyline, voice acting, presentation, graphics and all-round experience were groundbreaking and set a new standard for computer games IMO. Jaw-droppingly impressive as a piece of work.

Sleeping Dogs 8/10

Has it's problems, but storyline is superb and many nice little touches especially the melee combat which is vastly more enjoyable than Saints Row 3 or any of the GTA series thus far. Looking forward to the sequel but this is by far the best console port I've played - if anything it shows others how to do it properly.

Sleeping Dogs 8/10

Has it's problems, but storyline is superb and many nice little touches especially the melee combat which is vastly more enjoyable than Saints Row 3 or any of the GTA series thus far. Looking forward to the sequel but this is by far the best console port I've played - if anything it shows others how to do it properly.

I've just completed it as well and really enjoyed, but I would bump the score up to 9/10.

Back
Top Bottom