The last game you completed, and rating.

Associate
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut (played time 36hours)

Really loved this game :)
The whole futuristic theme with technology, augmentation and hacking is just perfect.
Not sure who did the music but it really effects the game.

The only downsides I had while playing was bugs and performance.
At first I had FPS drops, after messing with settings I found that disabling SSAO helped the game immensely, I even think the game looks better with it off.
There is also a registry tweak.
Code:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC\AllowJobStealing = 0
Another problem seems to be getting the Pacifist achievement :(
I played the whole game without killing anyone (other than boss fights) which took longer and was much harder but never got the achievement

Overall I would give the game 9/10
Only really taking 1 point off for the bugs

I might play it on the hardest setting next as I completed it on "give me a challenge" (medium difficulty)

Careful, i thought i had the pacifist too but it turns out i smoked the enemies at the beginning of the game!

Man of Honour
ive not quite completed it yet but.. sniper elite v2
metascore has it rated at 66/100, id give it closer to 80/100 myself, loving the bullet cam :D

Finished it today, enjoyed it so much im going to go through it again on the hardest setting and try to get all the collectables
(got this game gifted to me from davido_labido.. ta again for this great game :D)

Last edited:
Associate
Max Payne 3. Finally got around to playing it after it sitting in my library for ages.
The shootouts were quite fun but my god the last shoot out near the end in the airport hanger drove me nuts. Lost count how many attempts it took me to get past it. Also too many cut scenes, way too many. And the story line didn't really grab me.

6.5/10 Glad got it on sale, would not have been happy paying full price.

Soldato
Single Player Only

COD: Ghosts (Single player)

6.75 ~ brilliant space missions and dog ones otherwise marred by infuriating rules, anti-player practices, quick time events, tanks with hilarious handling (vs. bf4) and basically taking control away from the player and ruining immersion regularly.

Soldato
Tomb Raider (PC) - 8/10
I quite enjoyed the backstory and the 'making of Lara' (from a prequel perspective). It lost 1 point due to the freakin' quicktime events (hello console games), and 1 point for a deceptively short game with not many 'Tombs' (like the old games had them).

Soldato
Deus Ex HR Directors Cut. Got it for Xmas having not long completed a playthrough of the vanilla original (well vanilla + Tong).

Would definitely rate it as one of the best games of the last couple of years. Not sure that the changes and additions are groundbreaking, the boss fights having already been sussed from the original and the Missing Link DLC doesn't quite meld as it should. Still gave a good few extra hours of gameplay and the new moral decision when it came was surprisingly tough.

Re comment about the music a few posts ago, agree one of the most haunting scores ever heard in a game. The composer is Michael McCann and there is a CD of the music available (got mine off Rainforest).

And yes, for Pacifist the enemies during the prologue do count as does anyone you kill accidentally. And while a non-lethal replay is on the horizon I'm not sure how you can get through Missing Link without a few fatalities.

Soldato
Just this second completed Deadpool, only took 3 hours in total but a laugh a minute, glad I only paid £5 for it, overall I'd give it a 6/10 would have been a 7/8 if it was a few hours longer.

Associate
The Last Of Us - 9.5/10

PS3 I know, but it was brilliant. The ending was slightly disappointing. My mate said he cried at the end (?!), so I was expecting some mind blowing twist/emotional scenes, but it was a bit flat actually. Still, getting to the end was a great experience.

Associate
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - 7-7.5/10

I'd rate this higher if it wasn't an Assassin's Creed game and thus didn't have the series staple shortcomings. When you're exploring the environment or more specifically messing around with your ship it's fantastic, immersive, addictive and just plain fun. Unfortunately, the moment you step into a mission you hit the AC fun wall and it just drops off. You've generally got like a 70% chance that the mission you're about to do has a tail mission which is unwelcome even from the first mission never mind the 50th. The controls feel slick until you've spent a couple of hours with them at which point you realise they're working against you instead of for you. Wrestling with the controls as you try to do subtle but important navigation is infuriating after just a couple of hours, much as it has been throughout the series (although of course the parkour is generally brilliant when it works).

So yeah, remove the AC and Black Flag would be a 9.5 or a 10/10 with the silly amounts of stuff there is to do and how addictive it generally is. With the AC stuff and especially the storyline most of the time, it gets reduced to only be as good as it's shortcomings due to the sheer amount of time you have to spend with them. Still worth it though, even at a 7 or a 7.5 out of 10.

Back
Top Bottom