The Last Kingdom - new series for BBC based on Bernard Cornwell's Saxon stories

Soldato
I got about half way through episode 1 and got bored. Not for me!
worth sticking to it!
My first reaction was 'wow, he must miss a lot of good TV if he bails so quickly on a show', but tbf I think you can sometimes tell if it's not the kind of show for you quite quickly. Mind you, I normally know this before starting. I've never watched Squid Game for example. I know people love it, I just don't think it's my type of show.

Soldato
I got about half way through episode 1 and got bored. Not for me!
I've powered through to almost the end of S2 (albeit across 18 months) due to constant bombardment from folk about how good it is but that first episode is a bit rough and understand why you bailed. It's average at best across seasons 1 and 2 with a handful of 'good' episodes. It's become something I drop back to as a time passer when nothing else appeals.

It doesn't help that i'm always comparing it to the first few seasons of Vikings (ignoring latter seasons), which are like an oscar production (fleshed out characters, intricate plotlines, immersive scenery and sets) compared to what i've seen in the first 2 seasons of TLK (paper thin villains, disaster of the week story, sets that look like a country park LARP) - had I been watching without that judgement, i'd likely enjoy it considerably more.

All that said, it is improving as I watch it and will try and give S3 a go but not in any urgency.

Last edited:
Soldato
Started watching the movie and its like I am watching an illegal bootrip, its limited to 540p and really bad bitrate wtf.

Well ended up watching it all, too fast paced for me, but the ending was good. Really should have been a final season though instead of movie.

Last edited:
Soldato
Started watching the movie and its like I am watching an illegal bootrip, its limited to 540p and really bad bitrate wtf.

Well ended up watching it all, too fast paced for me, but the ending was good. Really should have been a final season though instead of movie.

Thought the same thing about being too fast paced, was desperate for another season but at least they didn't game of thrones it.

Will have to watch thru it again at Some point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom