The Last of Us (HBO, from Creator of Chernobyl) - No game spoilers please

Soldato
A series adaptation of the Playstation game “The Last of Us” is in development at HBO.

“Chernobyl” creator Craig Mazin is attached to write and executive produce the potential series along with Neil Druckmann, the writer and creative director of the game. Carolyn Strauss will also executive produce along with Evan Wells, president of game development studio Naughty Dog. The project is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television and in association with PlayStation Productions. The project is the first television series from PlayStation Productions.

(from Variety)

Yes ! This gonna be good :D wonder who they’re going to cast as Joel & Ellie..
Could be good, could be utter ****.
Presumably this is in response to the successful Witcher adaptation (even though that's actually based on the books)?

Casting... Kit Harrington, Emilia Clarke, plus Ed Sheeran in a too-blatant cameo... or maybe Billie Eilish. She seems to be in fashion these days.

it will work pretty well

the seasons that split the game would be perfect for episodes

made by a good company and the right cast it should be good

Apparently this has been in talks for ages, so likely not just a response to the Witcher success, maybe accelerated it though!
If done right and with good casting choices it'll probably be a good watch!

Emilia Clarke is an incredible actress, what do you mean? :o
[shrug]I've only really seen her in Game of Thrones. I just never found her character convincing in the way that, say, Lady Stark or Cersei were. Maybe it's G.R.R.Martin's fault. But I'm not a fan of Sean Bean's acting either, so I may just be a bit fussy when being sold my imaginary characters.

In similar news, Amazon are making a show based on the Fallout series. It's being developed by the team behind Westworld and they're aiming to keep the retro-futuristic style and humour of the games.

Back
Top Bottom