The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Looks weren't really the problem its clearly got a budget to spend. Wonder where they'll go with catweazle er, i mean gandalf and the oirish hobbits. While there were parts I liked there were others that were atrociously bad.

I think yes and no with the "looks" of the ROP, It could certainly look impressive at times with the big sweeping shots, but the sets weren't up too much, the costumes were awful, and they didn't present ME as a real place with any sense of scale IMO like PJ's LOTR did. Having a few wow moments on your OLED isn't the same as presenting an aesthetically convincing world.

If this is true, it’s already destroyed S2 for me. I’m fine with taking some artistic liberty when converting a book to cinema/TV, but don’t rip the book to pieces and throw it out the window.
If the rumors are true, they might even be about to turn this into a CW show - and I'm not even talking Superman & Lois CW show (which is good), but... the "other" ones where there's drama for drama sake and not for the service of the actual story. Be prepared to not be impressed if true.

Back
Top Bottom