The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Soldato
Lol I actually wanna see how they shrink him down to hobbit size. Don't crap your bed about the skintone too much.

Have you seen The Great? Awful lot of black Russians in the imperial court, still one of the best series I've seen for a while.

It's just very hard to break moulds on things that are very traditional and from 100 odd years ago. Fiction or not.

Then leave them alone and write new material pushing the diversity politics...oh wait they can't because they have no talent and no-one would watch...

Soldato
No far from the same way. Now it will be rammed down your throat with barbs on. You will enjoy it or you'll be labeled transphobic and racist.... Something like that..
You're definitely not making it sound like him being black is the issue here, rather than his height or his accent :rolleyes:.

Caporegime
Pretty sure he's talking about how they'll make him look small in much the same way they did in the trilogy.

That would make more sense lol.

Gonna be some extremely long false perspective on Lenny Henry lol.

The other rammed down throat will stand too.
Though I suspect it will be gay hobbits and elves probably some non-binary hobbits. Ginger hobbits.

Characters that have no definition other than that they sleep with the same sex.. their sole trait.

I'm just ****** off by discovery and Picard and other ruined series I used to like ..

Last edited:
Permabanned
Its not diversity or woke that makes these things bad, its poor writing, direction and production, thats all. Wheel of Time could have been good with better writing, direction and production, but the writing failed it, not the diversity of the cast or any wokeness.

The like GOT got bad when the writing failed it.

Soldato
Yup.

It's a Northern European mythology, specifically British.

Waited until Christopher died, fired Tom Shippey, sold out JRR.

This trash is what we get.

Cultural vandalism.

Last edited:
Soldato
Trailer showed almost nothing lol.

This is going to be epic in all the wrong ways.

They have said that there will be no nudie or sexy time.

Starting to lose interest now. Was looking forward to a bunch of randy "hardfoots"

Caporegime
I think they have the look captured....

But if there's no story or characters that actually matter...

It's going to be a flop.

It's like them redoing startrek or starwars.
A badly written story is always bad.
Pile bad acting ontop
Disaster.

Guess we will see.

Soldato
Drinker laying it down.

Very good. I would happily watch some new inclusive franchises and just as happily ignore all the politics in any new franchises because I couldn't care less about the colour of a person or what genitalia they have or are interested in. What I do care about is franchises I grew up with staying true to their source material.

I'll still watch it though because it's lord of the rings stuff and I have Amazon prime, I also hope it somehow manages to pull it off however unlikely

Back
Top Bottom