The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Prime)

Again another cowardly personal attack, but nothing of substance to add to anything...and another riff on "Shut and consume"...

;)

Cowardly? Not really just ensuring I do not fall foul of the moderation on this site. No personal attacks.
YOU have chosen to assume I was referring to you, if the cap fits and all that. I cannot comment on whether my post was direct at your or not, sorry.

However that being said, I would categorically not say to shut up nor to stop consuming. I am not attempting to gate keep you nor do I recognise your reverse gate keeping attempts to try to convince everyone this isn't worth watching.
If you (should you, not saying you do) get off on watching things you do not enjoy thats completely up to you.

There is someone who posts on this thread who has managed to make themselves just a walking meme to me. Again should you choose to wear the cap, feel free.
They do one thing now, basically make me laugh at everything they post, they seem to love lame and childish.
Ridiculing others views, vastly overstating their own perceived superiority, failing to post anything adding any value and getting all upset when others just go meh when their cry for attention falls on deaf ears.

Like I said, they really should get a life. :)

I have said many times, I would rather a poor fantasy series than no fantasy series. I don't need, nor do I accept someone telling me if its worth watching. I decide, and my views on what or why I like TV are mine. No one now matter how opinionated can tell me differently because they are simply opinions.
I would be happy to enter into reasoned debate on this thread. Problem is a small group who dominated it with negativity cannot handle any alternate view. They cannot handle their echo chamber being invaded and react accordingly.
More than one cap is available should more than one wish to wear one.

Soldato
I think people are just a bit fed up with you wanting to pick issue with anyone who enjoys it. Saying it isn't enough, they have to tell you why they like it.

It's not really that deep. Some of us are enjoying the show for what it is, wort's and all. Believe me, we all know exactly what your opinion of the show is.

Soldato
I think people are just a bit fed up with you wanting to pick issue with anyone who enjoys it. Saying it isn't enough, they have to tell you why they like it.

It's not really that deep. Some of us are enjoying the show for what it is, wort's and all. Believe me, we all know exactly what your opinion of the show is.

That's fine then, just stick me on ignore, it's so easy.

The solution is literally at your fingertips!

:)

Soldato
I have said many times, I would rather a poor fantasy series than no fantasy series.
Is that not a bit counterproductive though? Say this is canceled in the near future and doesn't get renewed for s3, as does Amazon's other expensive fantasy production Wheel of Time. What are the chances that execs will take the approach that there just isn't a market for fantasy tv programs as 2 of the biggest budget shows with millions of potential viewers already baked in failed to make a dent, they would be far less inclined to take a risk. It's a very short-sighted stance to take as bad tv shows are far more likely to stop any future programs from being made.

Is that not a bit counterproductive though? Say this is canceled in the near future and doesn't get renewed for s3, as does Amazon's other expensive fantasy production Wheel of Time. What are the chances that execs will take the approach that there just isn't a market for fantasy tv programs as 2 of the biggest budget shows with millions of potential viewers already baked in failed to make a dent, they would be far less inclined to take a risk. It's a very short-sighted stance to take as bad tv shows are far more likely to stop any future programs from being made.

I disagree, we have been so many years with naff all fantasy I expect its going to be a phase thats itched whether they are good or bad.
They are mainly based on books and as such a lot of the prospective shows are already being done.

And again, your prejudicing whether this is good bad ugly or whatever on your views.
Its far from stellar, but equally its not bad either.

If your really worried they could be cancelled you should be promoting them as good, getting everyone to watch so they see massive viewing figures and keep producing.
I have said many times, fans who spend all their time saying its bad should be looking forwards to the no fantasy winter, or putting their money where there mouth is and producing. IMHO.

Caporegime
I have said many times, I would rather a poor fantasy series than no fantasy series.

I agree, although Rings of Power isn't poor fantasy - not without flaws, but overall an impressive piece of work. For the first time, we're getting high budget fantasy made with regularity; this is a good time for fantasy lovers.

Amazon claim it's been watched by 100 million customers. If that's even remotely true then there's little chance of it getting cancelled: the thing is a success. Having "fans" rage is just par for the course for making anything these days, stroppy YouTube videos and irrelevant forumites throwing 30-page tantrums over having to see a brown lady don't actually matter much, whilst most people have long since realised that low "audience review" numbers don't tell you much at all. The execs look at audience numbers. The rest is noise.

Associate
It's not the visual image per se that is the problem, it is that the amazon's flat rendition of ME lacks any depth, scale, or believability as living, breathing World. Example: in The Prancing Pony, you could believe you were there as an onlooker, if felt real and alive, in RoP everything feels like a stage set.

Ah, in my case, I was simply referring to obvious visual bugs/defects that were done poorly by the vfx team, or was not done right at all. The lack of depth, etc would be a director issue, so that would be a separate matter from the actual "visual" bugs that were in the first few episodes that I was referring to (although the case can be made that the director was at fault too I suppose). Anyone who can spot those will get taken out from the scene very quickly, so that's why I suggested that the viewer gets really hammered before watching, watching it on a super large screen, or watching it on a super small screen for ways to avoid easily noticing those issues that then takes a person out of the scene.

I agree, although Rings of Power isn't poor fantasy - not without flaws, but overall an impressive piece of work. For the first time, we're getting high budget fantasy made with regularity; this is a good time for fantasy lovers.

Amazon claim it's been watched by 100 million customers. If that's even remotely true then there's little chance of it getting cancelled: the thing is a success. Having "fans" rage is just par for the course for making anything these days, stroppy YouTube videos and irrelevant forumites throwing 30-page tantrums over having to see a brown lady don't actually matter much, whilst most people have long since realised that low "audience review" numbers don't tell you much at all. The execs look at audience numbers. The rest is noise.

yeah sorry I agree this isnt poor fantasy just saying even if it was I would prefer its made than not

Caporegime
Is it actually possible to survive a pyroclastic flow and secondly with massive fires surrounding you wouldn't you just collapse and die due to lack of oxygen and smoke inhalation? I guess fire fighters wearing oxygen is just a gimmick?

I understand fantasy and all that but surely the writers have some sense of basic education?

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it actually possible to survive a pyroclastic flow and secondly with massive fires surrounding you wouldn't you just collapse and die due to lack of oxygen and smoke inhalation. I guess fire fighters wearing oxygen is just a gimmick?

I understand fantasy and all that but surely the writers have some sense of basic education?
Stones sinks and all that Jazz

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is it actually possible to survive a pyroclastic flow and secondly with massive fires surrounding you wouldn't you just collapse and die due to lack of oxygen and smoke inhalation? I guess fire fighters wearing oxygen is just a gimmick?

Never mind survive, I don't think a single one of them even had a cough.
Never mind getting shot in the chest with an orc arrow and caught in the flow and coming away in better condition than you went in!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom