• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

THE MAGNIFICENT 7: BIG DISCOUNTS ON GRAPHICS CARDS!!

Associate
Hi,

Received my Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080Ti today and am a bit concerned as the card was not inside an anti-static bag within the box.
Noticed Claggypants' one was in an anti-static bag. The box contained the white and orange card, a quick guide and a single dvi-d to hdmi cable.
What did everyone else receive?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

Received my Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080Ti today and am a bit concerned as the card was not inside an anti-static bag within the box.
Noticed Claggypants' one was in an anti-static bag. The box contained the white and orange card, a quick guide and a single dvi-d to hdmi cable.

Send it back. Seriously, cards should be sealed inside static bags or there is history to the card you have no idea about. For all you know it could be a return from a miner! I mean the moment that seal is gone you have lost all assurance that it's in perfect condition. They are not sold as "second hand" they are sold as new. I honestly find it very disturbing that you would even be sent a card like that.

Caporegime
Hi,

They don't always come in a bag. I have had a couple of GPUs that didn't but the box had a security seal.

Soldato
Prices are decent, but sadly it's too little too late for me. The previous savage gouging has left me out the PC game and I got a PS4pro. sorry.

The discount on the 1080 Ti was more than the price I paid for the RX480s I bought on launch day! I'm very glad for the opportunity and it's made KC:D very playable so worth it to me even if there's a new Ti released in the next 6 months.

Not sure what to do with the 980 Ti now as I've had it so long I'm not bothered about getting money back on but then it's still worth almost as much as I paid for it as I got it in the US (~£430).

Associate
ye... theres no way Zotac amp extreme 1080ti is 300£ more expensive to get now than it was during Christmas. That time it cost 750 in promotion and now 300£ ?:D ya of course

Associate
Well, this topic is the past, but I just wanted to say thanks for allowing me to buy The Beast for "reasonable" price:) I snatched one of the Asus Rog Strix OC. I have EVGA 1080ti FE so was not expecting miracles, needed mostly the card with two hdmi port for tv and oculus. Lol, this card boost to 1999Mhz by default, no need to overclock. I am mostly EVGA guy, but this asus really impressed me. BTW, selling my EVGA on this auction site will cover my expenses:) Thanks again.

OcUK Staff
OP
Are any of these still available? Tempted to get a 1060 6GB and call it a day.

I am afraid not and were now completely out of any old stock, all stock is now fresh with a considerably higher cost price as GPU prices went up again in March from both AMD and NVIDIA board partners. :(

Associate
Love to see the mining world collapse & GAMERS punish Nvidia & AMD by not buying again unless they sell at 50% less than the MSRP to make up for the shafting we all been getting. Loyalty out the window. To see their revenue drop like a stone & shares plunge.....pity those in lower paid jobs for the companies would probably be fired to cover it :( I guess makes business sense.

I've had the itch a while but out of principle i refuse to pay the prices they charge. Could easily but a titan pretty much every month but i am not willing to pay the stupid prices they are charging. £440 for the GTX8800 on Day 1 was most i paid for a card & it was EPIC! I also got eh 4870x2 for like £360 on pretty much Day 1 to.

Ill stick to what i got as blows everything pretty much out the water still at 1440p (GTX980ti Zotac Omega). The prices are so bad its difficult to justify buying anything when you can get an Xbox X for like £420. Mid tier cards costing £500+??? Pull the other one!

Soldato
Send it back. Seriously, cards should be sealed inside static bags or there is history to the card you have no idea about. For all you know it could be a return from a miner! I mean the moment that seal is gone you have lost all assurance that it's in perfect condition. They are not sold as "second hand" they are sold as new. I honestly find it very disturbing that you would even be sent a card like that.

Same, if your really worried , contact OCUK and gigabyte and give them the serial code, will tell you if card has ever been RMA or sent else where before hand :)

Back
Top Bottom