The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
Loads of people sit in the dugout that aren't assistant managers though...

What qualifications does he require that he doesn't have in your opinion?
Lots of people in the dugout, but you don’t see them shouting instructions to the players or laying into the opposition managers within a few games, do you?

I can’t speak for exact qualifications, and I don’t know your line of work, but in mine, I don’t see people go from being a general worker (in this case an ex-footballer) to being a director with no experience beyond performing the role of a footballer, and particularly at one of the biggest clubs in the world.

What qualifications would you expect?

Soldato
So you claim he doesn't have the qualifications but don't know what qualifications he has or should have?

Do you see why I asked this question :D
Yes, but I write my responses based on my own feelings and what I have seen of him. I don’t just regurgitate what an article has or hadn’t said.

My feeling from my own experiences of work and having been a lifelong Utd and football fan are that he appears to be inexperienced for such a job.
I’d expect someone who has worked at many clubs or a single club at many levels with a proven track record to be involved in running a club of this magnitude. Not just a guy who played football.

That’s my opinion, and that’s what forums are about as far as I’m aware.

Caporegime
I think criticising any individual member of staff from outside the club when we don't really know what their specific job responsibilities are or whether they are suited for them is patently absurd. It's just the current in-fashion thing to do at our club over the last few years for some reason.

Soldato
I think criticising any individual member of staff from outside the club when we don't really know what their specific job responsibilities are or whether they are suited for them is patently absurd. It's just the current in-fashion thing to do at our club over the last few years for some reason.
Indeed, and I agree somewhat. I think it’s just borne out of frustration as to how things have been going for so many years now.

Soldato
Yes. Fletcher's presence is attracting far too much comment. Mid way through a season it's not unreasonable to suggest some continuity is required and I'd if he's been asked to step in to a more visible role then that's his job, Rangnick, as interim perhaps doesn't have a mandate to clear out everyone and replace mid way through a season - coaches aren't available and any new permanent manager will want to have his own team so it doesn't make sense to either be short of coaching staff or make short term appointments. The ire should be focussed on the players - as Keano predicted when Jose got fired - these players will do for the manager again. They can't be trusted.

Caporegime
And so when I asked what Rangnick had won previously and was told in chorus he was like the godfather of modern football and to shut up it seems after just 5 games the feel has changed somewhat.

I hear his crony sports psychologist is working wonders.

Who else was he due to bring in, a 75 year old guggenpresser?

Man of Honour
OP
And so when I asked what Rangnick had won previously and was told in chorus he was like the godfather of modern football and to shut up it seems after just 5 games the feel has changed somewhat.

I hear his crony sports psychologist is working wonders.

Who else was he due to bring in, a 75 year old guggenpresser?

Not at all. Nobody is blaming Rangnick. The players are just a dreadful bunch.

I'm still waiting for you to tell us who you'd have appointed instead? Bet you won't answer.

Caporegime
Not at all. Nobody is blaming Rangnick. The players are just a dreadful bunch.

I'm still waiting for you to tell us who you'd have appointed instead? Bet you won't answer.

No one is blaming him for 4222 or picking players who arent performing?

Wow

There's a few high profile obviously Conte being one.

If we brought in Rangnick to then take Poch at the end of the season we are done. If he can't control the dressing room at PSG how will he at UTD.

Stupid plan.

Man of Honour
OP
No one is blaming him for 4222 or picking players who arent performing?

Wow

There's a few high profile obviously Conte being one.

If we brought in Rangnick to then take Poch at the end of the season we are done. If he can't control the dressing room at PSG how will he at UTD.

Stupid plan.

Ultimately the formation doesn't matter if the players won't make any effort.

Conte wasn't available. Who else?

I don't think anybody could control this dressing room.

Caporegime
Ultimately the formation doesn't matter if the players won't make any effort.

Conte wasn't available. Who else?

I don't think anybody could control this dressing room.

It mattered enough that we had to change vs wolves.

I've already pointed out that our performances,goals per game etc have been shocking under Rangnick against all the bottom clubs who literally get clobbered for 4 or 6 each week.

Pretty sure he was and went to Spurs?

Man of Honour
OP
It mattered enough that we had to change vs wolves.

I've already pointed out that our performances,goals per game etc have been shocking under Rangnick against all the bottom clubs who literally get clobbered for 4 or 6 each week.

Pretty sure he was and went to Spurs?

He went to Spurs before Ole was sacked.

They should have sacked Ole during the international break and appointed Conte if they wanted him. I would have been fine with that.

Then again, the players would have probably imploded under Conte too.

Soldato
He went to Spurs before Ole was sacked.

They should have sacked Ole during the international break and appointed Conte if they wanted him. I would have been fine with that.

Then again, the players would have probably imploded under Conte too.
When jose got sacked roy Keane said these players would throw the next manager under the bus how right he was Ralph's only been here a few weeks and they're throwing toys out of pram hope Ralph has the guts to drop them and give someone else a chance even if it's some of the youngsters build a team for the future and stuff the sulkers who want to pick up there wages for doing nothing

Soldato
Couple of rumours on the BBC this morning:-

Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 36, could leave Manchester United this summer if he does not approve of the club's choice of permanent manager. (Star)

If true let him go then, no player is bigger than the club and unless there is a plan to keep him after his current short term contract he shouldn't have any say on the manager the club deem a suitable candidate.

Manchester United have offered midfielder Paul Pogba a huge new contract - worth a basic £400,000 a week - to avoid the 28-year-old France international leaving on a free transfer in the summer. (Sun)

If true then you will never be rid of him as no-one will pay the wages to match, this is completely mind boggling I think Utd would be better off letting him go for free than tie themselves to this contract.

Caporegime
We are at a turning point in football. Gone are the days of having that Eric Cantona or Ronaldo in your team. All players need to work hard and be part of the system. To be fair Fergie was a master of that as he got rid of trouble makers even if they were in their prime. (Beck's, RVN, Stam etc).

Man City and Liverpool have raised the bar of what is needed to win the premier league and none of them have super star players but have made them through buying young and keeping them grounded.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Man City and Liverpool have raised the bar of what is needed to win the premier league and none of them have super star players but have made them through buying young and keeping them grounded.

They keep their players happy by competing for trophies. When you pay players more than the teams that are winning things every season and barely expecting them to turn up, this is what you get. Success is the best way to keep players happy. Outside of that its wages. Wages are not a good way to motivate footballers. Look at the United team. Look at Auba.

Even little things smack of a **** culture at the club. Sanchez having massive regrets after being at the club for a few days. I think he saw how we trained and the culture and probably couldn't believe his eyes.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Not sure I'd listen to Sanchez given how **** he was though.

By that wisdom we can't really be sure of anything. Being a United fan over the past 15 years has been death by 1000 cuts. You are never quite 100% on the issues but all the little things just add up to a horribly dysfunctional picture.

Back
Top Bottom