The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

being drunk at this time of the morning is not something to be proud of.....unless you're on your holidays?

If you are doing a job that has already reached its ceiling I can understand. You have nothing to learn from other people. You get given a job and you finish it. Working from home has its many advantages but I do not envisage the office of Manchester United being like that. I imagine it a place where coming together and "banging heads" is far more beneficial. This isn't a workplace where you go from A to B. All day every day.

Last edited:
If you are doing a job that has already reached its ceiling I can understand. You have nothing to learn from other people. You get given a job and you finish it. Working from home has its many advantages but I do not envisage the office of Manchester United being like that. I imagine it a place where coming together and "banging heads" is far more beneficial. This isn't a workplace where you go from A to B. All day every day.

But what makes you think it's special?

Outside of the football specific departments. It'll be 95% the same as any other business where working from home is proven to be beneficial.

I think most would agree your views on WFH are misinformed, but anyway…

Man Utd is a large company like any other. The football side is one element, the rest will be normal business type stuff you’d find anywhere.

I think most would agree your views on WFH are misinformed, but anyway…

Man Utd is a large company like any other. The football side is one element, the rest will be normal business type stuff you’d find anywhere.

So why is he calling them all back in the office then? He is more successful than anyone on these little forums.

Last edited:
Maybe but if SJR is calling them all back in I guess not.
Given he's cited a drop in email traffic as one of the reasons why wfh is being removed I'd say his views on wfh are as ******* crazy as yours. Regardless, the tax dodging, brexit loving tory voter is just trying to get people to quit without paying out actual redundancy.

Last edited:
So why is he calling them all back in the office then? He is more successful than anyone on these little forums.

He seems to be basing it on an absurdly small sample experiment, which is madness and suggests he's just old and out of touch with modern (last 3 years) working environments, or he's trying to get people to quite as @C Kent says.

Ratcliffe, who also owns the chemicals giant Ineos, said that productivity falls when people work from home. He cited a 20% drop in email traffic at one of his companies when it trialled work-from-home Fridays.

Who knows what the emails were. Maybe all the in office emails were just people emailing their partners which wasn't needed, maybe they were sharing memes around the office but when being at home they actually worked and goofed off less. The whole thing seems short sighted.

Last edited:
Look at animals like dogs for example. I know this may sound like a weird analogy but hear me out. When you work together as a group you learn faster and quicker because you bounce ideas and solutions off each other. Dogs who are brought up in packs learn to potty train and use skills that would normally take longer being single. Working from home is basically the same.
You are a ****ing genius! Book your holidays during the off season, I'm going to need entertaining until proper football starts again in August.

Like Alan Sugar, another who hates working from home, he probably owns loads of offices in London that will be losing value if more people work from home.

Utd staff should give Jim an ultimatum, they'll be in the office Monday to Friday, 9-5 if he is too. Of course Brexit Jim can't do that as he's not a UK resident anymore, he moved to Monaco for the weather (honest)......and so that he didn't have to pay near £4bn in tax.

ANYWAY - back to United stuff....

Need to see some sort of confirmation or otherwise on whether ETH stays or goes...

With players away on Euro's etc - United need to make a plan/announce it quickly so they can sort out the squad for next season...

ANYWAY - back to United stuff....

Need to see some sort of confirmation or otherwise on whether ETH stays or goes...

With players away on Euro's etc - United need to make a plan/announce it quickly so they can sort out the squad for next season...

Or they just say nothing and get on with their business. Would be the ultimate slap in the face to all the people that was reporting nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom