The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Yup, no issues with this at all. An old seasoned pro with a seemingly sensible head on him is no bad thing for the club to have, especially now. And to be fair he’s not the worst back up we could have.

Yeah I really can't stomach twitter these days, I keep it around as it's great for F1 tech update news and niche things like that. But if I venture away from those feeds and to general content, I just get angry at some of the crap being posted
Same, I use it for F1, and any 'breaking news', you can usually find the source of the breaking news on there and make your own conclusions from raw data.

But the vast majority of people on there are oxygen thieves.

disclaimer, I am not an office worker, never have been or probably never will be.

How can you be more productive at home than the office. If you have a target to meet that you have from 9-5 to complete, what makes you more productive at home. You would be completing it the same way in the same time in an office yes?
When I work from home, I have 2-3 extra productive hours per day I'm not spending commuting. Much of an in-office day is spent in incidental conversations and water cooler chats, which while useful, result in less task work getting done.

When I'm working from home and I need to focus, I can stop all interruptions and not lose productivity to context switching all the time, which happens in the office.

It's not just antiquated to think WFH is less productive, it's just straight up wrong.

When I work from home, I have 2-3 extra productive hours per day I'm not spending commuting. Much of an in-office day is spent in incidental conversations and water cooler chats, which while useful, result in less task work getting done.

When I'm working from home and I need to focus, I can stop all interruptions and not lose productivity to context switching all the time, which happens in the office.

It's not just antiquated to think WFH is less productive, it's just straight up wrong.

You are working and extra 2-3 hours for free then?

Instead of the water cooler chat you spend time on OcUk forums or browsing eBay classifieds instead ;).

disclaimer, I am not an office worker, never have been or probably never will be.

How can you be more productive at home than the office. If you have a target to meet that you have from 9-5 to complete, what makes you more productive at home. You would be completing it the same way in the same time in an office yes?

Since going back to the office I noticed how much chit chat there is, work and non-work related, it can take up large chunks of the day which wouldn't be spent doing that at home.

You are working and extra 2-3 hours for free then?

Instead of the water cooler chat you spend time on OcUk forums or browsing eBay classifieds instead
;)
5 mins on a forum after 55 minutes of strong concentration is not the same as chatting IMO.

Last edited:
Now we have confirmation that ETH is staying. What are everyone's expectations for this season? This is expectation, rather than hope.

Do you think we will see more of the same 'transitioning' style but with a few new signings to compliment it?

With INEOS said to now be dictating the style, i expect this will not we the case and we will see something different again.

Last edited:
Now we have confirmation that ETH is staying. What are everyone's expectations for this season? This is expectation, rather than hope.

Do you think we will see more of the same 'transitioning' style but with a few new signings to compliment it?

With INEOS said to now be dictating the style, i expect this will not we the case and we will see something different again.
ten Hag is not going to change much. He is a stubborn coach and apparently it was Wilcox who suggested the Bruno false 9 thing that proved so successful in the Cup Final. I think the style of play is partly dictated by the type of players you have available. The transition thing can work but we did not have players who were 100% committed to it and the style is so dependent of a strong defensive base. He has to sign a left back, at least one fast, ball playing centre back and strong, athletic sitting midfielder. Without that it's more of the same I'm afraid.

ten Hag is not going to change much. He is a stubborn coach and apparently it was Wilcox who suggested the Bruno false 9 thing that proved so successful in the Cup Final. I think the style of play is partly dictated by the type of players you have available. The transition thing can work but we did not have players who were 100% committed to it and the style is so dependent of a strong defensive base. He has to sign a left back, at least one fast, ball playing centre back and strong, athletic sitting midfielder. Without that it's more of the same I'm afraid.
He's stubborn yet he's listened and changed for a cup final. So that's a glimmer of hope!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom