The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
What would you score Hojlund? 6/10? Slow start, scored a few goals but injured recently and still getting back to form?
I think he is very raw. He's very young and the way he plays will make him susceptible to injury until his body fully matures. ten Hag is trying to protect him which is frustrating for the fans as we have only him as a out and out striker. I've seen enough to think there is a talent there that can be developed but at present he goes through too many games without a shot. That's not all his fault but it tells you something about where he is in his development. He needs competition to develop him and allow him time to recover.
6.5 /10 would be a fair assessment.

Soldato
A run of Coventry (3-0 and cruising), Sheff Utd at home (one of the worst PL teams eveer) and home to Burnley and in the end just lucky not to have lost every game is the delusional part.

Man of Honour
OP
It must be nice though for you guys to support the most dynamic and entertaining team in the premier league

He sounds increasingly like a man about to be sacked.

Even if we gave him the benefit of the doubt with injuries, and his largely questionable signings, I just haven't warmed to him at all, seems a pretty weird guy.

Man of Honour
Was at the Burnley game on Saturday, had tickets originally for the Sheff Utd game but cancelled and got Burnley instead so my son could go, as I thought "Will be nice for him to see our last win of the season probably"...Poor boy :D

The boos when Mainoo and Hojlund went off were deafening. He's got to go, the fact he said we're the most "dynamic and entertaining" team is mental?! Let's face it though, he's got be already sacked in the eyes of INEOS, and it's just a case of finding a replacement, and in that case, I still stand by the fact we bin him off now and give ourselves a better chance of the FA Cup with a caretaker manager

Last edited:
Soldato
He sounds increasingly like a man about to be sacked.

Even if we gave him the benefit of the doubt with injuries, and his largely questionable signings, I just haven't warmed to him at all, seems a pretty weird guy.
I think he is a dead man walking. I think the club will let him see out the season, well ours at least. The FA Cup is our final competitive game of the season and I feel that shortly after the final, regardless of the result, he'll be let go. Hopefully Ineos will do it a bit better than Utd did with LVG.
The issue with ETH is he's delusional.
That and signing Anthony is hilarious
The recent stuff does seem crazy. Drawing to teams battling relegation isn't what we should be aiming for.

The amount of money paid for Antony really has ended up being a weight on his shoulders. I think ETH's best signings have been Hojlund (one for the future) and Martinez (when not injured!)

Soldato
We created better chances in every single game, saying it was lucky not to lose all three is just silly.
NCjaZHm.png

Caporegime
Last edited:
Caporegime
Hopefully that is a good sign that they are backing ETH. I do agree a complete sale needs to be done even if it means worse results in the short term.

Rashford, Martial, Casemiro, Varane should all be out the door minimum.

Despite Harry Maguire being a complete liability his character should be applauded a bit like Mcsauce. We have always had a history of average players. Just look at Nicky Butt, Phil Neville, Fletcher, O Shea etc but all were workhorses and had the right work ethic which rubs off on everyone else.

I think football is far more weighted on mentality and culture than anything else these days and it is something I think ETH has been fighting for a while.

Soldato
That article suggests it may be 2025 before the books get balanced sufficiently to have a proper go at the transfer market. ETH’s contract runs till 2025. I reckon we won’t be able to ditch him till then even if that’s what Big Jim wants.
He’ll get a few quid from whatever player sales we might be able to muster and a couple of dead weights will be moved on on freebies etc.

It’d be mad, imo, despite how awful we currently are to take in a new manager this summer unless the club can heavily back him in the transfer market.
In fact, what manager of any worth would take us on this summer knowing they’d be hampered in their first couple transfer windows and therefore stuck with the motley crew we currently have.

Man of Honour
OP
I think it's good they are prepared to listen to offers for most of the players, it sends out a strong message that enough is enough and times will be changing.

I'd be happy enough to see a more youth focused squad next season, just while all of the new executive staff settle in, then summer 2025 is when the money can be spent again.

That said, missing out on Champions League isn't going to help matters, so top 4/5 will be the target I suspect.

I don't think this has any bearing on ETH's position, we know the players have to shoulder a lot of the blame as well. There are a lot of noises coming out of Holland that Ajax want ETH back as manager.

The big question is does ETH deserve backing? I really don't think so. They'd have to give him a new contract before starting next season or he's got zero authority and it'll be a complete disaster, guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom