The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Caporegime
Don't you think it would have been a better result if he didn't fall out with Sancho and the lad was happy and playing well for us?

No because you would never have the right mentality to go out and win things.

The top top teams almost need a dictatorship where the coach/manager and maybe a captain are the ones calling the shots and everyone falls in line and does how they are told. Players who do not hold the line are let go.

Fergies era with Keane, Jose with John Terry, Phil Jackson with Michael Jordan, Jean Todt with Michael Schumacher. All throughout sport you need a hard line to be truely successful.

It is why historically Madrid has been such a hard job because you need a really strong character in charge. Like an Ancelotti or Zidane. As good as Benitez was for example he just didn't have that bite in him.

Keeping players like Sancho will never get you to that goal to be elite.

What went totally wrong is that the scouting network at United didn't do their homework on him. If he was obviously a bit of problem at Dortmund with his discipline then they should have just put a red line through it there and then.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Don't you think it would have been a better result if he didn't fall out with Sancho and the lad was happy and playing well for us?

Yeah, that would be wonderful. It would also be wonderful if our players could stay fit, Rashford gave a crap more than 10% of the time and we were still competing for CL qualification this season. No United fan wants Sancho to fail. Every United fan was super happy and excited when he arrived. Pretty much every United fan backed him for a long time despite his problems. Pretty much every United fan is sick of too many of our players putting in too little effort and getting paid way over the odds to do it. Eventually everyone outlasts their good will if they don't deliver on the pitch. Especially when they are causing problems off it as well.

I'm struggling to understand how falling out with expensive players and having them bugger off on loan is some kind of win for ETH, without absolving Sancho from blame obviously.

Its not. Its just better than having a manager who lets the players rule the roost and dictate things. You cannot have a remotely happy team when players resent each other and the quickest way to breed resentment is to have your top earners getting special treatment while they aren't delivering on the pitch.

Man of Honour
OP
They've allowed Neville to interview ETH for Sky, prior to the Palace game on Monday night. Doesn't say an awful lot really...

I'm not sure this would have been allowed if INEOS had already decided to boot him, that'll probably happen when we lose a few more league games and then lose the FA Cup final.

Interesting though.

Associate
I agree.

I felt certain he wouldn't be, but doing this interview to me shows he'll be here next season.

It was an good interview. Neville asked some very good questions. Surprised how open Erik was to wanting Kane.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
The only reason he will be here next season is because we couldn't get a replacement that we think is enough of an upgrade to warrant the money we would have to pay to get rid of him/hire his successor. I can't believe they are happy with him and I reckon the only other thing that might help him is that we haven't put all the people in place above him that we want.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I just don't see why a top level manager would want the job at Man Utd?

Because anyone who operates at that level is usually an arrogant **** who thinks they are very good at their job and probably fundamentally is. Failing at United won't exactly be seen as such on your CV and you will get highly paid and then a lovely payout if you leave.

There is always the massive allure of being the guy that actually does it. The guy that restores United.

Man of Honour
OP
Neville has been speaking quite a bit about this interview and saying how ‘assured’ ETH was. He’s also done a big Overlap interview with Onana.

This is obviously some sort of charm offensive from the club, using Neville and Sky. It’s not that surprising, but performances will still have to improve somewhat, I’m so tired of the excuses.

Back
Top Bottom