The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
You know it’s bad when Bruno is out injured, first game!

I’m not going to complain if we end up 8th though, no Europe next season will do us some Good. Europa Conference is a waste of time and Europa League is a big strain on a squad at the best of times, let alone ours who can’t stay fit
Whilst it's hard to argue that we are the quality of 8th place, I still think that European football is important. Agree that conference is not where you want to be but we must try everything for Europa League. If we wan't to attract good players, European football is a bonus plus I would argue this team needs more games rather than less in order to find some sort of squad rotations position. One of the reasons we are so crocked is that ten Hag always plays what he considers his best 11 available. He did the same at Ajax and if we learn anything from this season it is that you need to be better at developing a squad of 20 or so players who are all capable.

2nd 11 vs Palace was arguably our best performance of the season, at least in terms of play quality.

Associate
I think it’s all nonsense, personally. Not seen anything from a credible source.
I know ten hag has his critics, but surely there can’t be many people that rate Southgate above him

fez

fez

Caporegime
Southgate would cause a riot. Hes not popular with England fans despite objectively doing better than any England manager in recent times. Hes a crap manager and the players would eat him alive. He also plays fantastically turgid football despite our main strength being in the second half of the pitch.

Man of Honour
Daily Express quoting Foot Mercato lol.

Still the **** tiers making stuff up for clicks.

I'll take that, as long as it's coming from trash then I can sleep at night. The fact these stories about Southgate have been running this long is still unnerving

In other news, I really want to be reading about Rashford being sold to PSG, but I bet he'll still be here next season :(

Last edited:
Associate
The Omar Berrada appointment came out of nowhere. Not one newspaper had a clue.

I imagine this will be the same with a new manager. They have no idea what's going on, they're just guessing to be the first to say "I told you so".

Soldato
Please. Please and I say this for the footballing world. Please let those rumours be true. Southgate at United would be awesome.

Just imagine how good it’ll be if it happens. They could probably sell it with him getting a tune from Rashford and Maguire.

The prospect is so good! It’s one of those it’s just too good to be true.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
So the current consensus from fairly decent sources regarding ETH is -

Manchester United have no intention of sacking manager Erik ten Hag before the FA Cup final, despite calls from former players of the club to make an immediate change.

Telegraph Sport understands that United do not plan to sack Ten Hag before the FA Cup final against Manchester City on May 25.

That may give the Dutchman some hope he can somehow cling on to his job with an unlikely victory at Wembley, although the Palace defeat means that is far from certain.

Old Trafford insiders insist that a final decision on Ten Hag’s future will not be taken until the end of the season, after the FA Cup final, even though a number of players believe his fate is effectively sealed.

Ten Hag’s communication with his squad is said to have caused issues this season, with some sources believing he is lacking in motivational skills and empathy.

Given we may well lose all of our remaining games this season, it doesn't sound particularly likely that he'll end up staying - nor should he.

But there is this...

Please no...

Caporegime
But there is this...

Please no...
You'll notice nowhere in that article does it say anything like "sources believe that Southgate may be among the favourites for the job"
It's an opinion piece off the 'might not be looking for an instant winner' news to try and get rage clicks.

Back
Top Bottom