The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Man of Honour
So the current consensus from fairly decent sources regarding ETH is -

Given we may well lose all of our remaining games this season, it doesn't sound particularly likely that he'll end up staying - nor should he.

But there is this...

Please no...

I can't see any reason why ETH keeps his job, any reason at all, he's tactically inept even without injuries. So I just do not understand, if he is going to lose his job, why you wouldn't want to sack him now, have a caretaker in for 4 games and at least give yourself a better chance of winning the remaining games. As things stand currently, we will get absolutely battered at the weekend, Newcastle will steamroll us, Man City will just humiliate us and I honestly can't even see us getting a point at Brighton.

The Palace game, while no-one really expected a result given the injuries, just sums up why ETH needs to go. Casemiro has been utter **** all season, yet he persists on playing him. A decent, forward thinking manager, would have just accepted that it's a tall order to win but how about just playing someone in position, give Louis Jackson a go, who was on the bench, a young, probably very hungry centre back, desperate to prove himself. But no, stick with the guy who has cost us multiple times this season with poor decisions, who has proved to be physically not up to par, and let him handle exciting and in form attackers like Olise and Mateta. But ETH is too stubborn

Last edited:
Caporegime
I can't see any reason why ETH keeps his job, any reason at all, he's tactically inept even without injuries. So I just do not understand, if he is going to lose his job, why you wouldn't want to sack him now, have a caretaker in for 4 games and at least give yourself a better chance of winning the remaining games. As things stand currently, we will get absolutely battered at the weekend, Newcastle will steamroll us, Man City will just humiliate us and I honestly can't even see us getting a point at Brighton.

The Palace game, while no-one really expected a result given the injuries, just sums up why ETH needs to go. Casemiro has been utter **** all season, yet he persists on playing him. A decent, forward thinking manager, would have just accepted that it's a tall order to win but how about just playing someone in position, give Louis Jackson a go, who was on the bench, a young, probably very hungry centre back, desperate to prove himself. But no, stick with the guy who has cost us multiple times this season with poor decisions, who has proved to be physically not up to par, and let him handle exciting and in form attackers like Olise and Mateta. But ETH is too stubborn

Okay in the last game who would have played instead of Casemiro? I am all ears because the bench is basically barren with U21's. Casemiro isn't a CB either.

Forget the cost of players for one minute when you look at that lineup of Crystal Palace vs ours it is pretty obvious that the Palace squad is a lot better!

ETh should have never fielded that team. It would have been more of a statement to field kids saying "look this is all I have". Instead he is trying to shoehorn players into positions they simply cannot play which just ends up worse for him.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Okay in the last game who would have played instead of Casemiro? I am all ears because the bench is basically barren with U21's. Casemiro isn't a CB either.

Forget the cost of players for one minute when you look at that lineup of Crystal Palace vs ours it is pretty obvious that the Palace squad is a lot better!

I...literally put in that post who should have played?

Yes he's very young, but didn't hurt with Mainoo when we gave him a chance. And he'll be desperate to prove himself and play his heart out, which Casemiro clearly cba to do nor can he even play well if he wants to, these days. What did we have to lose?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I...literally put in that post who should have played?

Yes he's very young, but didn't hurt with Mainoo when we gave him a chance. And he'll be desperate to prove himself and play his heart out, which Casemiro clearly cba to do nor can he even play well if he wants to, these days. What did we have to lose?

My apologies I only read the first paragraph then got triggerd :D

Yeah i agree he should just setup with kids for the rest of the season!

Soldato
So you’d just continue playing Casemiro, who is a constant liability?
Probably would. Not like there’s much to play for now. (FA Cup final, I have no confidence in this year). Better battering his ego than putting in a younger player into the current mess and possibly undo/knock their confidence.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So you’d just continue playing Casemiro, who is a constant liability?
Personally I'd try Amass first, stick Dalot in CB with whoever requires the least painkillers this week. Full back is far less pressure and Amass seems to be the closest to ready from what I've read even if he's very young. Throwing in a kid who is not ready is far, far worse. Can you imagine the abuse he'd get if he made a mistake? Imagine what they'd say about ETH if he'd dropped Casemiro and the kid had made a mistake and we'd got beaten! Real life is not FM, you can't just throw kids in and expect them to do fine against PL opposition, let alone a title contender which we have next.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I hear you, and I somewhat agree. But I think with ETH, he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. As a fan, personally, I'd much prefer he just tried something different than trying to persevere with something and someone that just clearly is not working. The back four is a mess, due to injuries, and even without if we're honest, trying a youngster isn't really going to do anything negative. If we lose, no-one is surprised at this point, if we concede goals/face 100 shots in a match, it's absolutely normal, putting a youngster in, at this stage of the season with virtually nothing of note to play for in the league (not talking about playing him in the FA Cup final), why not just try it?
Kambwala came in this season, threw him in against Liverpool, and he did well, sure he might be a bit more ready than Jackson, but again, I don't see him or ETH having anything to lose

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Luke Shaw suffered a small setback, hopefully back for the FA Cup final but 'doubtful'. Patience wearing thin with this lad, yes he's class when he plays and makes a difference, but bloody hell does he miss a lot of games. His body just needs a big reset

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's not a paper afaik, just some random Brazilian twitter account, and when have the papers ever been held accountable?

Calling a 30-40 min meeting extensive is the funniest part of it.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not a paper afaik, just some random Brazilian twitter account, and when have the papers ever been held accountable?

Calling a 30-40 min meeting extensive is the funniest part of it.

The noise isnt just coming from random brazil twitter account though it Mirror as always posting trash

Maybe im living in a bubble but I dont see this much targeting with other clubs maybe its the fashionable thing to do right now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well I'd be kind of worried if the mood wasn't miserable after the last result lol

And of course something is posted every day, we're the biggest club in the country. Stories have been posted every day for decades.

Associate
surely Southgate does not get a look in at utd. I know we have been terrible for years with the excuse of rebuild, now unfortunately for 4-5 more years we will be asked to be patient and we are "rebuilding" again . They is not many managers out there that can bring man utd back up it's a massive job! Southgate no way near has it in him.

Plus I really really don't want to see us play 5 at the back week in week out

Back
Top Bottom