US: The Mandalorian

Soldato
If that quote by @pc-guy is what she has got sacked for it is a dreadful state of affairs. Nothing in that was anti-Semitic or holocaust denial. It's fairly obvious that atrocities such as the holocaust only happen because the general population is compliant or complicit. It might be hyperbole to compare that to current culture wars but it is not what she has been accused of.

The American culture wars are just terrible and the worst of it is we've been importing their madness.

Soldato
If that quote by @pc-guy is what she has got sacked for it is a dreadful state of affairs. Nothing in that was anti-Semitic or holocaust denial. It's fairly obvious that atrocities such as the holocaust only happen because the general population is compliant or complicit. It might be hyperbole to compare that to current culture wars but it is not what she has been accused of.

The American culture wars are just terrible and the worst of it is we've been importing their madness.

+1

At the same time, Pedro Pascal kept his job despite literally calling 75 million Americans "Nazis" because of their political beliefs. Carano was trying to make a more nuanced point about people being turned against other people, but she was foolish to not know that using the words "Jews" and "Nazis" in the same sentence was going to get her cancelled regardless of what she was trying to say or how she said it. They gave her enough rope, and she hung herself with it.

Associate
It was a spectacularly stupid and tone deaf thing to say in a week that had images of the Capitol insurrection all over the media, especially with the 6MWE and Camp Auschwitz iconography front and centre. If you can't see how her statements would appear spectacularly ill-informed and divisive to Jews you haven't been paying attention.

Which side of the political divide actively dehumanizes their opposition? I'd say it was the one that rejected facts in favour of QAnon, the side that claims all Democratic candidates are paedophiles with a satanic child trafficking ring working from an imaginary basement in a pizza store, the side with the Evangelicals actively throwing around Demonrats as a slur, classes the opposition as unspeakably evil communist baby killers. You know, the side that whipped up an abortive coup attempt with alarming ease as they had painted their opposition as the enemy within to such an extent that Congress was stormed whilst gallows were erected outside.

It is pretty obvious she'd been warned at some point by Disney to stop courting controversy and her choice to keep pushing on. She's perfectly entitled to do so, just as Disney are perfectly entitled to decide they don't want to be associated with her - that's just the free market in action.

Soldato

thats her lates tweet, she has a lot more. if you put all her posts in context then there is a general consensous. The sacking is the result of her past comments and this post.

if she wanted to highlight the then german population mood, she should have written her statement in a different way. "The nazi atrocities against the Jewish people was enabled by the generally hatred of the Jewish people in its population at the time." instead of what she said. and I do not deny that Germans at the time were deeply xenophobic and the rise of the Nazi was the result of that fear.

what she wrote is semi truth and fudged over what Nazi committed. which is what all the holocaust denier trying to say and saying histroy has been re-written - what the hell is that all about - who has re-written the history for what benefit? Nazi are the victims now? WTF

Last edited:
Man of Honour
both you and me know NAZI did a LOT MORE than just rounding up Jews. Rounding up children for a field trip is also rounding up.

Her post clearly has an intent to shift blame away from the Nazi regime no matter how you want to read it.

It is awful that you can find ways to even justify her statement.

Maybe in the context of her other posts as I've not read them but disagree about being clear - in isolation it tends to be somewhat ambiguous - it is easy to read it as shifting blame by people who can only see these things in black and white.

Soldato
Maybe in the context of her other posts as I've not read them but disagree about being clear - in isolation it tends to be somewhat ambiguous - it is easy to read it as shifting blame by people who can only see these things in black and white.
there is nothing grey about what the Nazi germany did to the Jewish people.

let me put her post in a perspective of a 5 yr old with no knowledge of the holocaust.

How do you think the 5 year old will understand the holocaust if her statement is the singular reference point.

That is what is wrong with her statement. if you fail to understannd or appreciate that then, i am sorry to say you are no better.

Man of Honour
there is nothing grey about what the Nazi germany did to the Jewish people.

That isn't what I said. You are reading something as shifting blame because it doesn't explicitly attribute blame at every possible opportunity and while that might be fair interpretation maybe in the wider context of other claims by the same person it is a faulty reading of that quote in isolation.

Soldato
She memed too close to the sun and got burnt. God speed fellow memer...

also not sad she is gone, trying to make any equivalency to the flipping holocaust ...my god women. This also wasnt her first rodeo at this rhetoric, isnt it widely reported that even Pedro tried to talk some sense into her?

Last edited:
Soldato
both you and me know NAZI did a LOT MORE than just rounding up Jews. Rounding up children for a field trip is also rounding up.

Her post clearly has an intent to shift blame away from the Nazi regime no matter how you want to read it.

It is awful that you can find ways to even justify her statement.

This a perfect example of a failure in your argument. Nothing I have posted can confirm your assertion that I know that Nazis did a lot more that round up Jews (for clarity I am well aware this fact). In the same way that based on the limited information available from Carano's tweet you have somehow made a leap to her being a holocaust denier and blame shifting.

Reading what she has written I have given her the benefit of what I believe to be a mistake, to omit the word "only" from the first part of her statement:

"
Jews were beaten in the streets, not only by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even by children."

This mistake is evidenced from the second part of her statement where she clearly indicates her awareness that Nazi soldiers hated Jews for simply being themselves:

Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views,”

There is no denial of the Holocaust in her statement, there is no indication that she believed Nazis were innocent of crimes or prejudice, there is simply a recognition that persecution starts as an insidious idea within even educated societies and can grow into something irrational, abhorrent and ultimately deadly.

Whether there are parallels to this in American society at present is debatable. What I would say is that US mainstream media is biased towards the Democrats and as a result all supporters of the Republican party appear fair game for abuse and derision just because they are Republicans. This forms the basis of her point, that it is a slippery slope. Frankly, the fact that she has been cancelled for this does nothing more than prove her point. Her real mistake was being so naive as to not realise that her statement would illicit an irrational response given she worked for Disney.

Man of Honour
let me put her post in a perspective of a 5 yr old with no knowledge of the holocaust.

How do you think the 5 year old will understand the holocaust if her statement is the singular reference point.

That is what is wrong with her statement. if you fail to understannd or appreciate that then, i am sorry to say you are no better.

No short comment about WW2 is going to fully cover every eventuality explicitly to someone who has no previous knowledge of WW2 - there is nothing in her post that makes the claim that Nazis didn't beat people in the street - there is plenty of inference that they did nasty things.

You are so determined to hang her out to dry that rightly or wrongly you are reading her words with a filter of what you want her to be saying - that is how injustices are done (regardless of whether that is the case here or not).

Man of Honour
@Rroff @SpeedFreak

she said NOT BY NAZI...what are you two on about. have you got your glasses on. she is CLEARLY saying NAZI not done this not done that.

COME ON PEOPLE OPEN YOU EYES

You are right I glossed over reading not in that context as I automatically read the only in there as I read her point as being a concern about how society facilitates this kind of thing by not employing reason rather than an attempt to shift blame from the Nazis.

I'm not sure I entirely ascribe to your interpretation however as the whole quote doesn't read quite like that is the intention.

Soldato
COME ON PEOPLE, ENGAGE YOUR BRAINS!
You are hopeless. You are fabricating stuff out of her clearly incorrect post.

not sure what your motive is. Whatever it is, don’t post it on this forum. Go to 4Chan or QAon or whatever groups that you are happy to find your akin to trash it all out.

Soldato
You are hopeless. You are fabricating stuff out of her clearly incorrect post.

not sure what your motive is. Whatever it is, don’t post it on this forum. Go to 4Chan or QAon or whatever groups that you are happy to find your akin to trash it all out.
Honestly put these people on ignore. There is absolutely nothing that will be gained by engaging with them. Theres about 20 regular posters and one mod on this board that should be auto included in the ignore list for their constant bile.

Soldato
She memed too close to the sun and got burnt. God speed fellow memer...

also not sad she is gone, trying to make any equivalency to the flipping holocaust ...my god women. This also wasnt her first rodeo at this rhetoric, isnt it widely reported that even Pedro tried to talk some sense into her?
Well I'm glad she's gone from the show as for me she was the weak link in the cog when it came to acting.

Social media once again proving to be the scourge of the rich and famous. Long gone are the days when ones not so politically correct views only came out after the grave.

My good friend finally got a job he had worked long and hard to get. On doing so he deleted all his social media account - a wise move if you ask me.

Man of Honour
My good friend finally got a job he had worked long and hard to get. On doing so he deleted all his social media account - a wise move if you ask me.

I'm not sure quite what to think when it comes to doing that - a friend of mine deactivated all her social media stuff when she got to a senior position in her career - it seems a bit extreme to me.

Soldato
She memed too close to the sun and got burnt..
... I'm sure she already received warnings.

This and this; as they say, "play stupid games, win stupid prizes" and she won the ultimate prize - a P45 (or the American equivalent)!

Just surprised she didn't play the game and milked it. Certainly if I was a low-alphabet actor I would even if i believed masked democrats were **********, the Nazi's were good people, Covid is a myth, president vote was rigged and the earth is flat (last one might not have been said by her).

Shame to see the character go but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

...her agent has also binned her.

Makes it sounds like she ignored advice given from her management/agent.

Back
Top Bottom