The Matrix 4

Soldato
Hmmmmm, I'm just not sure about this trailer but I really want the film to be great. I don't know if I'm just too cynical nowadays but I'm expecting this to be almost like Marvels "What If...." series.

Caporegime
Oh my…I legit got goosebumps from that trailer and the music at the end.

I’m excited! I hope it’s the decent film the first film deserves.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just watched the trailer and hype just kicked in.

No idea what's going on though how come they don't remember anything but there are scenes replicating the first and where is Laurence Fishburne he was so good in the first

Soldato
Apparently wasn't approached to be in this movie. However, I'm not ruling anything out and could just be a well kept secret with some kind of minor appearance at the end (presuming we are seeing a younger/alternate "reality" version of Morpheus in the trailer)

Hopefully, he deserves it Morpheus was such a good character.

Is the whole don't remember anything scenario a surprise to everyone or am I missing something obvious? Really curious now

Think I'll watch the first for the thousandth time tonight

Man of Honour
Hmmm not sure what to make of that. Visually very impressive, but I'm not sure I like the whole "no-one remembers" thing, especially if it's going to be half the film explaining to him what the Matrix is etc with a bit at the end where it all back to him. Is it just going to feel like a reboot as opposed to a sequel? I can't even remember what they've said it's meant to be

Sgarrista
Commissario
I'm a huge Matrix fan, but unless this is the start of a new trilogy I don't see how this can address everything in any meaningful way while also building in a new big bad.

It just wouldnt have the time in a normal movie, hell, the whole memory loss > recovering neo > fixing him thing would need a movie on its own.

Caporegime
Morpheus was killed in the game (which is canon apparently) so that’s why he’s not in it I think, but I’d imagine some trickery that the dude he fights is actually Morpheus but younger/a different matrix

Caporegime
Still no idea wtf is going on in this movie....

Hmmm not sure what to make of that. Visually very impressive, but I'm not sure I like the whole "no-one remembers" thing, especially if it's going to be half the film explaining to him what the Matrix is etc with a bit at the end where it all back to him. Is it just going to feel like a reboot as opposed to a sequel? I can't even remember what they've said it's meant to be

Thats about what i got out of it, seems to be amnesia that necessitates a reboot.

Associate
Still no idea wtf is going on in this movie....

Thats about what i got out of it, seems to be amnesia that necessitates a reboot.

I'm sure it's going to be a new iteration of the journey to finding "the one".

Going by the trailer and the black actor which is likely Yahya Abdul, I'm betting it's part of a loop furter back than just the first Matrix film and could very well be an origin segment of Morpheus..

Who knows..

Soldato

It's a sequel, not a reboot.

Back
Top Bottom