The Matrix 4

Man of Honour
It's a sequel, not a reboot.

Ok, in which case, off the back of that trailer, I think it's going to really blow, as it looks like we're going to have to sit through another explanation of what the Matrix is, watch Neo re-learn/remember his skills and re-learn how to be the one. We've already had that

I hope I'm wrong, as a big Matrix fan, I really hope I'm wrong

Soldato
No, I just don't want anymore gender/racial identity politics shoehorned into everything just to tick a box. Hopefully they will come up with something a bit more original.

And how will you know if it's because they were the best person cast or if it's trying to tick a box?
If there is a new "one" who's betting it's going to be a BAME LGBTQ+ thingamabob.
This reads like that if anyone is picked other than a bog standard white straight guy, it was done to tick a box.

With a statement like that they can't win. "oh they've only cast X person because they want to tick a box"

Permabanned
well the first 10seconds of the trailer did smell a bit... " Triggered " and we don't say crazy in this room lol
I get that Triggered is a word used to encompass all annoyances but it's a millennial term isn't it, A therapist wouldn't use it and would go for a more accurate terminology

Permabanned
Tbh I didn't really enjoy the sequels all that much, A bit like John Wick, I enjoyed the first one but the 2nd just gave me a sore head with the constant gun fire and I was forced to watch it in episodes over a few days.
I still haven't watched part 3 due to that.

Soldato
I really really hope they don't mess it up. Matrix has got to be the chosen one, the one teenage franchise of mine that does not get destroyed by modern hollywood. Come on!

Soldato
Still no idea wtf is going on in this movie....

Thats about what i got out of it, seems to be amnesia that necessitates a reboot.
The overall theory seems to be that the machines went back on their word at the end of matrix 3, reset everything instead and made Neo an actor who stared in the original matrix movies (OG mirror scene is in the trailer). In a further bid to stop him they plant Trinity as love bait to stop him triggering his 'the one' mindset and obviously if doesn't all go to plan.

Pretty crazy if true.

Last edited:
Associate
My take: the matrix got rewritten at the end of the revelations. This is the new matrix and everyone was reset. Neo is still the one to the point where he kind of wakes himself up. All the while, the matrix is trying to keep him at bay by sending him to therapy and giving him blue pills.

Regardless, I am looking forward to it even more now. Please don't be bad!

Associate
That really got my attention and looked way better than I expected.

It looks like The Matrix greatest hits but this time the Cgi really holds up in the more ambitious bits unlike some of the stuff in the sequels.

But you could make great trailers from the 2 previous sequels , so...

Caporegime
No, I just don't want anymore gender/racial identity politics shoehorned into everything just to tick a box. Hopefully they will come up with something a bit more original.

you’ll probably flip your lid to know the writer is trans, so they could have something in the film to comment on it

Man of Honour
well the first 10seconds of the trailer did smell a bit... " Triggered " and we don't say crazy in this room lol
I get that Triggered is a word used to encompass all annoyances but it's a millennial term isn't it, A therapist wouldn't use it and would go for a more accurate terminology

It's been adopted as a slang term but a therapist would 100% use it, the slang probably originates from 'Trigger Warnings'.

Caporegime
you’ll probably flip your lid to know the writer is trans, so they could have something in the film to comment on it

Didn't they already claim the previous movies were about being trans? Which to me smacks more of trying to claim you were on the bandwagon long before it became one. I didn't get that sense out of any of the prior movies at all.

Man of Honour
Trailer was at least interesting and maybe didn't show you all their cards maybe. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Caporegime
Didn't they already claim the previous movies were about being trans? Which to me smacks more of trying to claim you were on the bandwagon long before it became one. I didn't get that sense out of any of the prior movies at all.

Yeah how can breaking free of the false reality of "The Matrix" be an allegory for transgender people realizing their real gender identity versus the one they were assigned at birth. ..;)

Caporegime

I believe since they transitioned there has been people who claim it is an allegory for being trans.

Pet Northerner
Don
The overall theory seems to be that the machines went back on their word at the end of matrix 3, reset everything instead and made Neo an actor who stared in the original matrix movies (OG mirror scene is in the trailer). In a further bid to stop him they plant Trinity as love bait to stop him triggering his 'the one' mindset and obviously if doesn't all go to plan.

Pretty crazy if true.

There's credence to that.

See 1:56 in the trailer, in case you missed it:

LxPWBHT.png

Back
Top Bottom