The Matrix 4

Associate
Looks like a fan made movie tbh. Cheap, I can't put my finger on it but it's abit like that soap opera effect when it's not 24fps. Also lacks the signature Matrix colour grading (green, muted grayish).

All this will be fixed in post of course but the story does peak my interest though please let's not over use the first film for reference otherwise all the mystery will be gone.

Associate
No, I just don't want anymore gender/racial identity politics shoehorned into everything just to tick a box. Hopefully they will come up with something a bit more original.

Kevin Spacey as Morpheus
Jamie Foxx as Neo
Lucy Lu as Trinity

Bill Cosby as The Merovingian

and....

Tilda Swinton as Agent Smith!

Blow this ************ wide open and don't do the actual fans any service!! :p

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like a fan made movie tbh. Cheap, I can't put my finger on it but it's abit like that soap opera effect when it's not 24fps. Also lacks the signature Matrix colour grading (green, muted grayish).

All this will be fixed in post of course but the story does peak my interest though please let's not over use the first film for reference otherwise all the mystery will be gone.

Did you not watch the end of Revolutions? After Neo's sacrifice the Matrix reboots (remembers the scene black cat reappears and Sati wakes up) the tint is already absent for there on. Probably because of the deletion of Smith and the fact that the blue pills do have now the freedom to get out, the system has become more stable.

Last edited:
Soldato
No, I just don't want anymore gender/racial identity politics shoehorned into everything just to tick a box. Hopefully they will come up with something a bit more original.

Ive just had a peak of your posting history and well I think the OP might have had a point. You have an issue with nearly everything you've seen recently.

V F

V F

Soldato
Oh god. Neil Patrick Harris. "You seem particularly triggered right now..."

Seriously, why do we need Internet phrases in a film such as this?

Soldato
So the big question at the end of Revolutions was that Neo wasn't dead when he reset the Matrix, this trailer seems to reveal that he's obviously alive but for some reason the machines decided to trap him or wipe his memory.
So why have they don't this, I guess some people will theorise that the real world was never real, but I don't subscribe to this theory.
I think maybe the machines negged on their deal and didn't realise the humans, or that there is more than 1 Matrix, I mean why would the machine city only span a small area of the world.

So why isn't Trinity dead? Could the machines have fixed her, cloned her, who knows?

I'm 50/50 atm, I think the trailer leaves enough to the imagination. It's strange enough that it doesn't make sense but with so many possibilities, I just hope the story holds up better than the last two.

I know what you mean, it almost looks like they decided to just make it into a generic action film. It felt so wrong, and the effects whilst revolutionary in the original, were not used constantly, the sets where what made it so good.. That's how the second suffered so badly, when they decided to use CGI to over emphasise, particularly when Neo fights many Agent Smith's. It looked crap.
The scene in this trailer where the girl jumps of the building and hits the bricks, looks like it suffers from the same over the top CGI.

Last edited:
Soldato
So the big question at the end of Revolutions was that Neo wasn't dead when he reset the Matrix, this trailer seems to reveal that he's obviously alive but for some reason the machines decided to trap him or wipe his memory.
So why have they don't this, I guess some people will theorise that the real world was never real, but I don't subscribe to this theory.
I think maybe the machines negged on their deal and didn't realise the humans, or that there is more than 1 Matrix, I mean why would the machine city only span a small area of the world.

So why isn't Trinity dead? Could the machines have fixed her, cloned her, who knows?

I'm 50/50 atm, I think the trailer leaves enough to the imagination. It's strange enough that it doesn't make sense but with so many possibilities, I just hope the story holds up better than the last two.

The easy out is that the machine city simply plugged into Trinity and Neo, and uploaded their personalities to the simulation. Maybe even fixed their bodies and put them back into the pods. We already know the machines can edit people's memories from when Cypher meets Smith to negotiate his re-insertion into the Matrix in the first film.

In the trailer we see Neo performing superheroic feats (such as stopping bullets) even more so than he did in the previous films, implying he's in the simulation. We also see the wrecked cities of the real world with hovercraft travelling about and the human energy farms.

The only real loop they can throw is if what we think is the real world is yet another simulation on top of the Matrix, and the rabbit hole is deeper than we thought. In the same way that Neo existed to balance the unpredictability needed for the humans to accept the Matrix (and Smith existed in turn to balance Neo), then maybe another layer of simulation on top is actually needed to give those who "escape" the Matrix an outlet to balance the overall equation. They can't accept the Matrix and rebel, but they can accept a further layer of simulation that puts them in the role of freedom fighters and citizens of Zion.

This was hinted in previous films where Neo has the power to affect the real world (destroying sentinels and seeing whilst blind, just as he can see the inner working of the Matrix), and it was theorised that the real world was just another control mechanism to deal with those who escaped the Matrix, and provide them with a new simulation which they would accept as more palatable to them, having unknowingly simply moved from one layer of simulation to the next one.

Man of Honour
Oh god. Neil Patrick Harris. "You seem particularly triggered right now..."

Seriously, why do we need Internet phrases in a film such as this?

Do dislike it when a movie uses stuff like that which roots them firmly in a specific time period which might not be a defining mark of the setting of the movie. Hence why a lot of this social justice stuff, etc. just ruin so many movies especially sci-fi, etc. movies like Aliens did it fine while still remaining largely timeless in that respect and not ruining the movie (even if there are some Vietnam war era influences).

True, most of it has been carp, last good film I saw was the new Suicide Squad. Maybe Iam getting grumpy in my old age.:D

I'm definitely getting grumpy in my "old" age hah but so many movies lately have been just trash - I've really struggled to enjoy a lot of the stuff which has come out in the last few years.

Soldato
Looks good for the time/world were now living in. You can't expect it to feel like an 90s film, same as the 80s classics. This will be good for what it's supposed to be.

What's the hbo max bit at the end? Will it be streaming at Christmas?

Soldato
The easy out is that the machine city simply plugged into Trinity and Neo, and uploaded their personalities to the simulation. Maybe even fixed their bodies and put them back into the pods. We already know the machines can edit people's memories from when Cypher meets Smith to negotiate his re-insertion into the Matrix in the first film.

In the trailer we see Neo performing superheroic feats (such as stopping bullets) even more so than he did in the previous films, implying he's in the simulation. We also see the wrecked cities of the real world with hovercraft travelling about and the human energy farms.

The only real loop they can throw is if what we think is the real world is yet another simulation on top of the Matrix, and the rabbit hole is deeper than we thought. In the same way that Neo existed to balance the unpredictability needed for the humans to accept the Matrix (and Smith existed in turn to balance Neo), then maybe another layer of simulation on top is actually needed to give those who "escape" the Matrix an outlet to balance the overall equation. They can't accept the Matrix and rebel, but they can accept a further layer of simulation that puts them in the role of freedom fighters and citizens of Zion.

This was hinted in previous films where Neo has the power to affect the real world (destroying sentinels and seeing whilst blind, just as he can see the inner working of the Matrix), and it was theorised that the real world was just another control mechanism to deal with those who escaped the Matrix, and provide them with a new simulation which they would accept as more palatable to them, having unknowingly simply moved from one layer of simulation to the next one.

That's what the public wanted from the 2nd or 3rd, it never happened and I still think its just foke lore, and as such will never make its way into the story as it's to obvious.

Back
Top Bottom