The MEG (2018)

Soldato
I quite enjoy Battleship !

There is a difference between bad and boring. Sometimes I just want to be entertained.

Exactly, what's not fun about dropping anchor on an Iowa class BB and basically handbrake turning it to line up and fire a broadside at a massive alien warship? Actually, think I'll slap the Blu-ray in one of these nights, switch the brain off and give it another watch.

Anyone thinking this would be a comedic mess like I did couldn't be more wrong. It actually kept a serious tone though most of the film with the one stereotype character trying to lighten the mood. LL Cool J he ain't.

I actually enjoyed it and whilst I wasn't expecting a masterpiece, it was indeed better than I expected. The 3D effects on the big screen were really impressive for the first half of the film before it subsided midway.

For fans of the book, don't even consider the film to be close. It is very watchable though and has most of the characters from the book.

Jason does a commendable job in not punching the Megalodon and the rest of the cast hold the film together well enough.

7.8/10

Edit: wtf, Battleship was superb and hugely enjoyable.

I was thinking it may be worth a watch given your review, but then read the last bit. I thought Battleship was cringeworthy garbage!

Soldato
OP
I was thinking it may be worth a watch given your review, but then read the last bit. I thought Battleship was cringeworthy garbage!
Lol I really enjoyed it even though it was had a lot of stale moments in it. Then again I was a big fan of the 'board' game and as a kid always imagined it being turned into a film one day. Need Battleship 2!

Seriously though, if you can get tickets on the cheap then why not? It isn't a bad film, but isn't a great one either - more of an enjoyable popcorn flick.

Soldato
I did not think it was all that bad either, you are not really going to watch a film like this and expect miracls, so i think for what it is, it was worth a watch

Associate
I saw bits and pieces of The MEG last night. Well, it sure makes any movie on sharks quite laughable. The human / shark interactions are a wee bit over th top though.

Man of Honour
Exactly, what's not fun about dropping anchor on an Iowa class BB and basically handbrake turning it to line up and fire a broadside at a massive alien warship? Actually, think I'll slap the Blu-ray in one of these nights, switch the brain off and give it another watch.

I'm a Battleship geek and even I 'let it go' when it "put some lead on those mother frockers" BOOM

Have it!

More

Back
Top Bottom