* The Metal Thread *

Soldato
I kind of liked Meliora, but feel that the vocalist is a bit of a weak link through most of it. That said, this has to be the most Abba tribute to Satan ever:

On a darker note, one for the Blut Aus Nord/Portal/Leviathan fans:

Associate
I've been getting into Ghost recently. I did think they were a bit of a gimmick at first but after listening to a couple of songs I'm now hooked!

I fell in love with ghost this year.. and the new album is something I must have played on loop for quite a long time. It's the oddest thing!!! I think Year Zero is my favorite song from them overall though. Such a great buildup and peak :)

On a more heavy note... I'm loving the new Cryptopsy EP

Actually while we're at it, the C, D, F and G albums weren't bad either (I know everyone loves Altars of Madness and Blessed Are The Sick, but I'm not old enough to get really nostalgic over the late 80's/early 90's death metal production - Fisher over Barnes type of thing if you know what I mean...).

Tucker over Evil D any day of the week, really looking forward to the new album after the mess that was Exxxxtreeeeeme techno Insanum.

Anyone heard the new Megadeth track? As much as i s**g off Mustaine, im liking it a lot, dare i say it shades of RIP in there.

Associate
Just seen that Woods of Ypres had a mention a little while back, not sure if that was what got me listening to them again, but I bought the Woods V album and spent the last month almost exclusively listening to it after only having the Woods III album up until that point. Probably the longest I've spent listening to a single album and I'm still not bored of it. Now I've gone backwards to the Woods IV album and enjoy it just as much, but in a different way as its a more aggressive album in general.

Those are my current favourites, but a lot of songs on those albums have been a favourite at some point :cool:

Always feel gutted when I remember they are no more :(

Associate
Some good choons on here, guys!

When I think of good, loud heavy music I can't help but hark on about Ginger Wildheart's quite frankly amazing 'Mutation' albums that were released a couple of years back. These had guest artists such as Barney from Napalm Death, Mark E Smith and all sorts of others including (rather amazingly) Merzbow.

It's very eclectic, very loud and (surprisingly) very melodic.

If you've not heard anything from it yet, have a little snifter of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_7gk8PlTVI

Last edited:
Soldato
Ahh here's a couple of interesting ones in my tune collection that I only get to listen in private.. these make some interesting snowboarding tunes..

I love this one - it takes a while to break into the mid section that has a completely different style

Love this chuggability of this one that breaks into a style - like Megadeth..

The only panzerchrist track I own.. but love the intensity but has a tune..

Nevermore live are even better than the album in my view..

And for some fun pirate thrash mashing... you can't beat Swashbuckle..

Soldato
Bit of cross over from industrial electronica..

Someone is going to have have done it..

Managed to get a saxophone in there too..

Last edited:
Soldato
It's good. Sounds Linkin Park.
I really hate linkin park :(

But I really like Miss May I :D

Just started listening to their new album
Seems a bit of a change from Rise Of The Lion

That Devilment track sounds pretty good, reminds me of Cradle Of Filth

edit: didn't realize it has Danni Filth in the band

Last edited:
Soldato
What do people think of Miss May I ?
Just another competent, yet uninspired metalcore band. I actually do like this type of music a lot, but a band has to be *really* good to stand out these days.

I feel like August Burns Red's Messengers and Constellations albums are basically the peak of the genre(for me, at least).

Though here is a band I've been listening to quite a bit lately:

The Ghost Inside - With the Wolves

They've got a bit more of a melodic hardcore influence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom