* The Metal Thread *

Soldato
Been listening to a band called Baroness this week, not sure how I overlooked them before :D also think they have a new album coming out tomorrow

Soldato
Their new album is pretty cool:

One of those bands you have to listen to carefully to fully appreciate. The drummer and bass player are awesome and always interesting to listen to.

Soldato
I'm a massive Mastodon/Tool fan but Intronaut, for me, just push it on to the next level musically. It helps that I like Jazz to so off-beat timings aren't hard for me to follow but I can see how people who like more traditional Metal could be put off by them, which a massive shame.

Soldato
Can't believe I missed the latest Agalloch album, sounds immense.

Seems like I've got to do a lot of catching up on the metal front. So many amazing albums have come out in the past few years that I've totally missed. Got side tracked with other, easier to listen to music. Problem with metal is, I can't listen to it unless I sit there and concentrate :p

Soldato
My Dying Bride (new album)

good song and the album isn't bad. nothing new though, think they need to stretch themselves a little.

love the austere stuff on that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M2TAM_B1X8

[YOUTU[/MEDIA]

Some Aussie BM :)

good band, some bleak moments on the first few releases

Just seen that Woods of Ypres had a mention a little while back, not sure if that was what got me listening to them again, but I bought the Woods V album and spent the last month almost exclusively listening to it after only having the Woods III album up until that point. Probably the longest I've spent listening to a single album and I'm still not bored of it. Now I've gone backwards to the Woods IV album and enjoy it just as much, but in a different way as its a more aggressive album in general.

Those are my current favourites, but a lot of songs on those albums have been a favourite at some point :cool:

Always feel gutted when I remember they are no more :(

i had to stop listening to woods V it was so good! didnt want to get sick of it. looking forward to rediscovering

bought this, good BM!

Back
Top Bottom