The Ncase M1 thread

Soldato
I’m seriously considering a 6.1 in black.

I’ve watched the Optimum Tech videos and it gets high praise.

I’m currently considering doing a portable z390-I build as I have the motherboard, and putting a 9600k in it with a 2070 Super.

I’m investigating custom water loop, using 2x 240mm slimline rads with Noctua black 15mm fans. XPSC do ultra slim rads (20mm) so trying to determine if this is viable. I think it would be.

Soldato
If you're lucky and don't get stung by customs, $210 + $35 shipping to the UK = $245. Works out about £190.

If you do get hit with customs, $210 + 20% + $35 = $287 + £12 handling fee. So £230-ish.

Soldato
Well it's $275 with the fastest shipping option i've selected (about £210) then whatever extra on top of that.

I'll be keeping my 9700k, 1080ti and memory i've got, selling the heatkiller block i've got on it and my Aorus master motherboard.

Will probably go for the Asrock phantom gaming board and corsair SF750 psu and maybe get the Alphacool Eisaber LT solo and stick a 240 rad with it for the cpu.

I've had a Rainjitek morpheus II sitting around i've been wanting to stick on the 1080ti so might try if i'm not happy with my blower temps/noise but it means i will have to use 15mm fans on the bottom so may go for the new Noctua chromax Black ones and see how that turns out.

I was tempted to buy the 1080ti strix that's on the MM so i could use the stock cooler.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well it's $275 with the fastest shipping option i've selected (about £210) then whatever extra on top of that.

I'll be keeping my 9700k, 1080ti and memory i've got, selling the heatkiller block i've got on it and my Aorus master motherboard.

Will probably go for the Asrock phantom gaming board and corsair SF750 psu and maybe get the Alphacool Eisaber LT solo and stick a 240 rad with it for the cpu.

I've had a Rainjitek morpheus II sitting around i've been wanting to stick on the 1080ti so might try that but it means i will have to use 15mm fans on the bottom so may go for the new Noctua chromax Black ones and see how that turns out.

I already have a spare Corsair SF600 with custom cables and some 3600Mhz Corsair DDR4.
I have the original brown Noctua 15mm fans but my OCD would annoy me.

I need a case, cpu and GPU for this build. Oh and cooler and also have my eye on the Eisaber Solo as well.

Soldato
Who did you go with for your psu cables?, i will be using the SF750 stock cables at first and see how i get on with them, i have only used Pexon in the past.

Soldato
I was going to get this case but I found my old Corsair Bulldog in the Garage, I'm going to clean it up and do a build in this instead. Thinking of doing some new, less hideous 3D front and side panels.

Soldato
Yeah i've got mine also, have you got your bits ready to go or still deciding what to get?.

Yeah I've managed to settle on a build using an existing Z390 I Aorus board that I was using for a HTPC. Was really tempted to go with a Ryzen build but it wasn't really going to be much more cost effective once I factored in the Aorus board sale and a high end ITX AM4 board, which seem to be crazy money at the moment. I had taken a strong notion for using a 65W TDP chip, so opted for a 9900 (non K).

What are your plans for cooling?

Soldato
I'll be putting my stock blower back on my 1080ti with 2 x 120mm fans at bottom (intake) and if i'm not happy with that fitting the morpheus 2 heatsink + 15mm thick fans on the bottom.

Alphacool Eisaber LT solo is on the way for the cpu, i'll hook up a 240mm rad to it with fans intake also.

Just need to decide on the mobo, probably the Asrock phantom.

Associate
OP
I'm intending on the same cooling setup for the cpu, just wondering what distance there is between the back of the psu and the rad fans and whether 16mm od tubing will run in there comfortably.

Soldato
Not sure, will have to have a play around and see.

I'm trying to buy a 1080ti strix on the MM just now, i would rather have that than use the morpheus 2.

Back
Top Bottom