The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
How come you have a long wait? Chain?

I'm chain free, so hoping to have the keys by mid August at the latest.

We were expecting end of July but things seemed to have slipped on our buyers side. Not bothered as we know they need to be in before schools start and end of Aug gives us time to de-clutter! It also means we may be able to move straight into our new place when we were originally looking at being homeless for a while!

They're mortgage has been approved, the structural survey was OK and they've agreed a price on some non fitted items.

Andi.

Associate
How come you have a long wait? Chain?

I'm chain free, so hoping to have the keys by mid August at the latest.

I was chain free and the previous owners had already moved out when I first viewed the house at the start of January. I finally moved in at the beginning of May after phoning the solicitor every day for 2 weeks.

Associate
All going swimmingly here...
Full survey booked for last Tuesday. (£950!)
Last Monday the sellers email our solicitors and say they're not selling now as they don't like what will become the local Doctor:rolleyes:

Now put in an offer (been accepted) on a much nicer place 100yards down the road!

Everything happens for a reason and all that:D

Soldato
A shocking amount of sales seem to be falling through. I've lost out on a few due to higher offers but three have since come back to me as the previous sales have fallen through - goes to show the sellers should really give more thought rather than just to just the £££. The first one to come back to me I am actually now buying. Bit annoying to initially lose out to only what I can call "dreamers" who were never able to come up with the £ (assuming of course that was the problem in each case but I know for 2 it was).
All paperwork complete so I think it's just a waiting game now.

Soldato
For me we had the mortgage approved two Thursdays ago, and paperwork sent to all involved. Spoke to my solicitor who is only now waiting for the Local Authority search to come back and we can start talking about completion dates. The house we're buying is empty at the moment and I want to get in it ASAP. Wifey is due to give birth in two weeks and I've got at least a month of work I need to do to the place before it's habitable to her standards :D

Man of Honour
I was supposed to exchange today. Hasn't happened because the bell end at the bottom of the chain doesn't want to complete for months (one of many facts the estate agents have been holding out on). Hopefully tomorrow morning or I am going to start cracking skulls. God I hate estate agents, lying, filthy, sleaze balls.

I was supposed to exchange today. Hasn't happened because the bell end at the bottom of the chain doesn't want to complete for months (one of many facts the estate agents have been holding out on). Hopefully tomorrow morning or I am going to start cracking skulls. God I hate estate agents, lying, filthy, sleaze balls.

Estate agents only represent their clients. If that's what they've been asked to do, they'll do it. After all, you're only a buyer in a panic-stricken market. Plenty more where you came from.

The real problem I think is a lot of cases is the vendors. It just comes down to outright decency. Sadly a lot of people don't have a shred of it.

Instead of thinking "this is a stressful process, let's get it over and done with for everyone's benefit" they must enjoy the masochism. Sigh.

Man of Honour
Estate agents only represent their clients. If that's what they've been asked to do, they'll do it. After all, you're only a buyer in a panic-stricken market. Plenty more where you came from.

The real problem I think is a lot of cases is the vendors. It just comes down to outright decency. Sadly a lot of people don't have a shred of it.

Instead of thinking "this is a stressful process, let's get it over and done with for everyone's benefit" they must enjoy the masochism. Sigh.

I semi-agree, although in this case the estate agent has been caught in several untruths and has proven himself easily manipulated. Agents do tend to say whatever will result in them getting their commission whether true or not. Our vendor has been trouble free (house re-posessed so owned by an entirely dispassionate mortgage company) our buyers are a bit greasy.

DiG

DiG

Associate
Getting very frustrated now, mortgage company want my employer to fill out some form, which they say they have posted to the company, twice. Still not arrived and they refuse to send it via email, fax or carrier pigeon!

Soldato
Our mortgage company came back to us asking for a damp and timber survey. I got one from a local chap who would do it for free because of his relationship with the estate agent. It turned up wood worm (the house has wood-boring beetle) and wet rot (the house has dry rot). It totally contradicts what our surveyor said, so I emailed the mortgage broker a copy of the damp & timber report along with the relevant pages of my building survey that say that it's actually something else. I've also got a damp and timber report happening today with Rentokil, which I am paying for.

I heard back from the mortgage broker today with a mortgage offer. I'm now waiting on the results of the second damp and timber survey before I make my next move. I'll probably see how much it is to get the work done, and get the seller to knock it off the price plus a few quid extra for the hassle. That is, provided the house isn't falling down! :D

Soldato
Day of exchange AND completion and the vendors solicitor has been on the phone to mine to ask why we want the ground rent apportioned and will we waiver it as they'll need to redo everything at their end apparently....idiots!

Soldato
Solicitor said they were posting the final documents to be signed for the exchange on Friday which would get to me by early this week. Guess what? They lied as they still aren't here. Guess it just means another week till move in and another week of rent :(

My Solicitors have really been useless ***** throughout this process and their lack of communication and honesty has really ****** me off.

We're in.

Completed at 11am this morning.

Place was an absolute sty when we arrived, wasn't expecting a show home but it was a state. Had to deep clean every room before unpacking, not cool with a 1 year old toddling about.

The place we moved out of was immaculate, we couldn't have left it any other way. Shame others don't feel the same way. Bad karma yo.

But still, we're in. Let the DIY and build threads commence. :)

Soldato
Just had an e-mail and solicitor says she is sending me the final documents now to be signed. So hopefully I can still get the keys by next friday before I'm thrown out of my rental as the landlord is selling. Second time lucky I guess as I was told it was being posted out last week.

Man of Honour
glad people are getting to move - shame the place was a mess but personally i'd always want to clean everything myself when I moved in, no idea how well stuff has been done otherwise!

Were still waiting for our buyer's buyer to get her mortgage changed, three weeks ago we were supposed to exchange and were just sat here twiddling our thumbs and paying extra interest and council tax :(

Back
Top Bottom