The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Got 2 emails today from "NHBC HUG" saying "appliances have been added to your profile" and "specifications have been added to your profile". Had no idea what this was but on investigation, what a brilliant idea! I had expected to receive a folder containing manuals and that for all the hardware installed in the house as well as specifications of carpet and paint etc but welcome to the 21st century I guess haha. I don't actually have access to it yet but now I am chomping at the bit :D

For anyone who doesn't know what it is: http://www.nhbc.co.uk/Productsandservices/homeuserguide/

Soldato
That is pretty good. We will be passing our buyer a folder full of manuals!

Got out SDLT form through yesterday. The genius' at the solicitors put the same post code (our current one) in every single field. Hopefully not long left now but feels like it's been going on forever!

What do people do about changing broadband. I've had a letter from BT to say our buyer has applied to take over our line. I then asked what i need to do to take over the line in our new house but apparently i can't do anything now without canceling our buyers BT order because our line is on hold.

This all sounds really complicated for something i'd have thought would be straight forward.

My wife works from home so could do with the internet from day 1. Any recommendations for 4g Wifi dongles that are payg?

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Haha it definately shows that going cheap isn't always best!

I don't even get an apology when i point all these mistakes out! :(

I'm glad ours is competent, don't even have to chase her, but I guess it helps that she's an old colleague :D

More on the pricey side, but she's very thorough and responsive, it's a massive purchase so I'd rather pay for quality really.

Soldato
To be fair, they were recommended by my brother in law who's an IFA and also a poster in this thread who's based in the midlands was recommended the same one so they were well regarded, it just so happened that they were cheap.

No idea where they got their reputation from though!

Soldato
Really hope I complete on the set date (was 30th but now looking like 31st day or late) . I have had to extend my by engineer.a few days. Just waiting on the boiler engineer

Was trying to get a clause in where I could complete grab keys and let him in to do his work, service , fix fan.and got new programmer but apparently they want to.ensure it's done before complete due to liability.

Hope he has all the right kit and doesn't muck about on 30th

Soldato
So, we were originally planned to exchange on 2 May https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...t-to-exchange.18591082/page-187#post-31776359

That always seemed to be under some threat, although we had everything required in place. A few standard questions from our solicitor were (slowly) answered by the builder's solicitors and now, a week later, no sign of contracts.

I rode up to the site a couple of weeks ago and spoke directly to the site foreman, who was far from delighted to see a buyer turn up on a Friday afternoon. He grunted out a few explanations about why finishing the development was proving difficult, and suggested that the completion date was more August than July. I can take that amount of slip, but not too much more. Our mortgage offer expires near the end of July, and I really don't want to be left in the position of having to choose between taking the money early or moving to the next deal available at the time as that could be more expensive. Not too much in the grand scheme of things, but without a firm completion date we're struggling to set dates to get the house furnished and carpeted etc.

Soldato
Well the house we were buying has been valued by the mortgage company a full 45k less than what was being asked for by the sellers and we were paying

Houses in that road that are 18 years old showing 18 year old bathrooms and kitchens are 500 ish K, we were paying 575, 1, its the biggest plot in the road, 2, it has been fitted out to be like a show home, quartz worktops, new boiler, amazing decoration / carpets, new bathrooms x 3 (all expensive taps etc)

now sure what to do

Soldato
Well the house we were buying has been valued by the mortgage company a full 45k less than what was being asked for by the sellers and we were paying

Houses in that road that are 18 years old showing 18 year old bathrooms and kitchens are 500 ish K, we were paying 575, 1, its the biggest plot in the road, 2, it has been fitted out to be like a show home, quartz worktops, new boiler, amazing decoration / carpets, new bathrooms x 3 (all expensive taps etc)

now sure what to do

Is that the most expensive house on the road? (ie ceiling price - no matter how much bling they add its not worth any more)

Also isn't this the house with a purple kitchen? Even if its high spec but doesn't cater for a wide audience that might be the issue with the mortgage company?

I've got my current house valued yesterday, and hoping to improve from 90% LTV just under 2 Years ago to 70% LTV now

Soldato
Is that the most expensive house on the road? (ie ceiling price - no matter how much bling they add its not worth any more)

Also isn't this the house with a purple kitchen? Even if its high spec but doesn't cater for a wide audience that might be the issue with the mortgage company?

I've got my current house valued yesterday, and hoping to improve from 90% LTV just under 2 Years ago to 70% LTV now

That’s the one i suppose purple it is limited to a couple of draws and cupboards not all.

Yes the most a house sold for in the road is 500k but they needed a full refurb in the grand scheme of things this is extended with a up to date house

Soldato
That’s the one i suppose purple it is limited to a couple of draws and cupboards not all.

Yes the most a house sold for in the road is 500k but they needed a full refurb in the grand scheme of things this is extended with a up to date house
Do you know if they actually went into it to inspect it? Could have been a low desktop valuation

Soldato
Had my completion statement today :) completion will be on 31st.

I didn't realise the mortgage cashback and help to buy government bonus was sorted before completion. When I sent over the deposit I just paid less than than I thought and the rest kept which would be the cashback and bonus.

Soldato
Do you know if they actually went into it to inspect it? Could have been a low desktop valuation

Sadly not it was a metro bank mortgage company. I was thinking to send in a value surveyor myself I suppose that’s the next step as we really want to the place but spending 45k over mortgage valuation is crazy

Soldato
The Mortguage valuation doesn’t really mean much for you, it’s for the bank to see if they can get their money back if you default on the mortguage. They might still lend on it anyway but you would need to speak to them about that. It’s not like it’s a huge amount on a £500k+ house at the end of the day. If you were buying a £150k house I would raise an eyebrow.

If they dont lend on it go with someone else that will. The house is worth what someone is willing to pay at the end of the day.

Soldato
The Mortguage valuation doesn’t really mean much for you, it’s for the bank to see if they can get their money back if you default on the mortguage. They might still lend on it anyway but you would need to speak to them about that. It’s not like it’s a huge amount on a £500k+ house at the end of the day. If you were buying a £150k house I would raise an eyebrow.

If they dont lend on it go with someone else that will. The house is worth what someone is willing to pay at the end of the day.

Yes cheers, we can get a mortgage on it as we have over 20% deposit.

I have just sat down and done some sums to try and see what its worth because every other house was about 500k in the road

house in average condition

500k house
20k kitchen i think
10k bathrooms (3)
5k carpets
10k fixtures fittings and labour for a lot of work (painting too etc)
10k extention (was only small)

£555k?

this was it before they bought it, they have done a lot of work

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/42-samwell-way/northampton/nn4-9qj/16427419

Soldato
Yes cheers, we can get a mortgage on it as we have over 20% deposit.

The deposit helps but it doesn’t make it a formality.

I wouldn’t worry about trying to apply reasoning and logic to a house valuation. Like I said it’s worth as much as someone is willing to pay. If you are happy with the price and can get the required finance happy days it’s irrelevent what the valuation says.

Soldato
Can anybody value a kitchen? I have never fitted one or even priced one before

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72077861.html

Smeg cooker, expensive worktops, hot water kettle tap, led lights everywhere, quartz worktops, huge smeg wine fridge and so on.

Would it be 20k? we are just trying to see how much it would cost to replicate this

Looks like more than 20k to me if done by pro’s. Maybe possible to replicate on a budget if you go howdens and get an indi/ diy.

Back
Top Bottom