The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Yea, my mortgage broker didn't charge a penny because he got paid by the lender (Nationwide in my case). Stated on my paperwork that on successful completion he will get paid £650. Can only imagine your independent bloke is getting paid by both sides!

Surely if the adviser (for example) works at Nationwide, they will recommend the best deal that Nationwide offer. This may be garbage compared to other products on the market and so the independent adviser fee of £XXX is worth its gold. When I shopped around I couldn't find as good an offer as I got with my adviser. As I said further up, the Nationwide mortgage adviser could only offer me ~170k. Not enough

Soldato
Surely if the adviser (for example) works at Nationwide, they will recommend the best deal that Nationwide offer. This may be garbage compared to other products on the market and so the independent adviser fee of £XXX is worth its gold. When I shopped around I couldn't find as good an offer as I got with my adviser. As I said further up, the Nationwide mortgage adviser could only offer me ~170k. Not enough
I never said he worked for Nationwide. He is independent. Intially I was going with a product from Santander but this Nationwide product came along just before we submitted the application and it was better. He would have been paid by either lender for bringing them business.

Soldato
Our offer is at the max of our AIP so fingers crossed Nationwide actually give us the full amount.

Congrats on the offer being accepted.

Just a small side point that all the times over the last few years when you nearly bought a newer car on a big finance package - if you had done that it's likely your AIP and amount you could borrow would be less, resulting in you not being able to afford this house.

Caporegime
FML!

We get back from our honeymoon, and finally have a memorandum of sale. Great, now we can put in for the property we want!

Go to the website, and see the next phase of house types that we want are suddenly £25k more expensive and therefore no longer on Help to Buy :(

Clearly demand is high enough that the developer can just jack up the price as it doesn't need to find people who need Help to Buy :mad:

Soldato
I exchanged today and complete on Friday.
It's been a nightmare the person I'm buying from said there he was buying a no chain. Months later and the day before exchange or turns out he won't move our like he said he would and now how now his no chain isn't a no chain there are multiple Houses above him that know one new about.

It's been the most stressful day a i have every had. I made him move our but offered some garage space to store his stuff while he storeys or the mess he has created on his own.

Soldato
we completed on our sale yesterday!

we are now waiting on our new house to be built and are currently living with the in laws and saving to carpet and furnish.

We have changed our addresses on almost everything, surprisingly easy for most things as nearly everything can be done online.

Soldato
we completed on our sale yesterday!

we are now waiting on our new house to be built and are currently living with the in laws and saving to carpet and furnish.

We have changed our addresses on almost everything, surprisingly easy for most things as nearly everything can be done online.

Exactly the same situation as us, its very weird as a married couple going back "home". Saving a fortune though!

Back
Top Bottom