The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
Not long to go for us now. Loft is fully empty. Most of the kitchen cupboards are empty although i found after cleaning them i've had to put a bit of tape of the handles to stop me by habit opening them to get stuff out of them.
Our solicitors PA made me panic as she read the completion statement wrong and mentioned that we still need to pay 30k towards the purchase before completion... it is them who pay us 30k upon completion. Least she was apologetic and it was cleared up fairly quickly.

Soldato
Well looks like we are not moving this week. The buyers solicitor has now decided to go on holiday and they're saying no one at the firm can transfer money. Ridiculous.
Vans need cancelling, broadband etc needs cancelling, they're suggesting we move on the 19th instead but my partner can't get that time off work. Getting truly fed up

Associate
Well looks like we are not moving this week. The buyers solicitor has now decided to go on holiday and they're saying no one at the firm can transfer money. Ridiculous.
Vans need cancelling, broadband etc needs cancelling, they're suggesting we move on the 19th instead but my partner can't get that time off work. Getting truly fed up
I would be ****** !!!

Soldato

Yeah that sucks, surely the buyers solicitor can delegate the task to a colleague or PA in a case like that (assuming everything else is ready to go?)

When I bought, and now selling I mostly deal with my convayance solicitors colleage/understudy/PA or what ever they call themselves....

...Also with the money transfer, it's usually lined up ahead of time to go through at a certain time/date (unless there's an issue) so it doesn't mess up chains or get delayed... Is there an insurance policy you can claim from (via your solicitor) for out of pocket expenses cause by the date being pushed pack?

Last edited:
Soldato
Our buyers solicitors said there's no at all who can do it. Our solicitor is on holiday and that hasn't caused issues as her PA has taken over now all the pre completion stuff is done.
Seems really badly organised as the buyers solicitor has retired a couple of weeks ago and passed the files onto another solicitor.... The buyer himself didn't know until that had happened. He was told that it's the top of the chain that's caused the delay due to their mortgage application and didn't mentioned out about the holiday. The top of the chain don't have a mortgage to sort out so just plain lying to him.

We've asked about maybe moving early on the Thursday instead of Friday so they're looking at that. Our mortgage funds were arranged a day earlier than needed so should be there on the Thursday.

If not then the PAs advised they'll have to send the mortgage funds back to nationwide and re-request them as they cannot hold them for a week.

Soldato
Well we are half way there. So we offered to vacate so the sale goes through today (completed earlier) and out purchase is going through tomorrow as originally planned.
A complete ball ache as couldn't get the vans from around here so had to drive 50 minutes to get one. We've had to load it, take the stuff to families house unload it and reload again with more stuff. Tonight we're staying at a family members house then tomorrow go to the new house. Despite the extra physical effort I'd rather this than it goes back a week or two

Soldato
Hmmm...

Got a sale going through, ATM, late grandmothers house and have a last min request for a discount...request from the buyer via the estate aget, it smells a bit cheeky to me, but thought id ask on here for a sanity check..

They are asking for a contribution toward the following, this is off the back of a survey..

advise to have gutter replaced
Strap trusses in loft
Install lead flashing on conservatory as there is none
Dry ridge system to be installed including new ridge tiles

Total £3400.00

The relevent parts of the survey state:
The gutters are in need of repair as there are some stained and possibly leaking joints.
The rainwater fittings to the porch are blocked and improvements are needed to prevent damage to other elements.
The roof trusses are not strapped to the gable walls. Without such strapping, there is a risk that the gablewall structure will not adequately resist wind and other loads which could in lead to serious failure orpossible collapse. Improvements are therefore needed.

It seems like a list of 'would like to have' to me...the gutters from the picures just need cleaning to me... any thoughts?

It's a £340k sale so not a huge discount, it just seems a bit cheeky?

Soldato
Hmmm...

Got a sale going through, ATM, late grandmothers house and have a last min request for a discount...request from the buyer via the estate aget, it smells a bit cheeky to me, but thought id ask on here for a sanity check..

They are asking for a contribution toward the following, this is off the back of a survey..

The relevent parts of the survey state:
The gutters are in need of repair as there are some stained and possibly leaking joints.
The rainwater fittings to the porch are blocked and improvements are needed to prevent damage to other elements.
The roof trusses are not strapped to the gable walls. Without such strapping, there is a risk that the gablewall structure will not adequately resist wind and other loads which could in lead to serious failure orpossible collapse. Improvements are therefore needed.

It seems like a list of 'would like to have' to me...the gutters from the picures just need cleaning to me... any thoughts?

It's a £340k sale so not a huge discount, it just seems a bit cheeky?
That's a con of a price. I'd offer 500 quid

Soldato
All depends how desperate you are to sell , if urgent writing you off less than 1% or total price is worth it. Each to their own though.

I think on balance I'll offer a 1.5k discount, When I spoke to the agent on the phone I think she could tell I was a bit miffed... this was before I saw the survey and the quote though, which I just read this aft.

Associate
seems there is lots of stalling, pull outs, last renegs on price and the classic chain failing. Who is getting a move over the line right now?

Good luck to all those expecting a move imminently to go ahead!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom