The nervous wait to exchange....

• Thread starter Thread starter noj
  • Start date Start date
was that £1400 someone packing your stuff ?
can't get my head around someone opting for strangers touching everything in the house ? -or is it not really a walk out the door experience,.
you can't expect a mover to put audio visual stuff back in their boxes with care, sort all the cables out, or carefully package kitchen porcelain etc.
Had two international moves company paid, but had to prepare and pre-package stuff since some was stored temporarily.
They do it for a living, will have all the kit, will do it quicker and I assume at those prices will have some kind of insurance.

They do it for a living, will have all the kit, will do it quicker and I assume at those prices will have some kind of insurance.
the £700 for packing seemed cheap to me , especially with materials - must be very case specific;
but on both international moves didn't have insurance on the goods during transit .. well individual named items would have been exorbitant,
and, if there was a total loss / lorry falls off a cliff payout, I never knew what that was
e: well I suppose home insurance might be the expected route

Last edited:
This is part of the solicitors report

It also records solar projects at xxxxxxx 2760m from the property. Such infrastructure projects are thought to emit high levels of electromagnetic fields which some people think could be detrimental to health. We refer you to the following from the government website for more information.

I know solicitors like to cover themselves, but this is just ridiculous

Asbestos report for house we are buying came back.
Only one bitumen pad under the kitchen sink has trace of asbestos which we will be ripping out anyway.

Delighted and relieved.

I know solicitors like to cover themselves, but this is just ridiculous
was that Groundsure ? the same cowboys my conveyancer prostituted me to - with upselling demand.
in retrospect they didn't rule out a nuclear reprocessing plant within 5km though, or a starmer brown field development.

---
reviewing these cowboys report - my conveyancer's choice with my money
- they could just list the developments/turbines/solar rather than upselling .. now looking at cambridge council planning applications site
- Need to check but I thought these companies indemnified contaminated land check , but they don't seem to make that obvious.

53578441422_e545bc2041_o_d.jpg

Had an offer accepted 22nd May... our solicitors still haven't received the contract pack from the vendors solicitors. :mad: :mad:

Sorted. Picking the keys up at 4.

:eek:

First house took 148 days.

Mortgage offer received. Now we play the ridiculous waiting game.

If everything goes to plan from now out we'll be completing on 18th.

So a nice 233 days.

jesus, thought it sounded a lot then worked out ours was ~ 150days from first viewing to selling/buying being completed, so I guess that's not THAT much more in the grand scheme of things?..

My parents move tomorrow, we move house in a week. It will be nice once we've moved for the conversations not to be moving home related:) It'll just be a for gods sake i've come across this issue etc..

Back
Top Bottom