The New Cases Gallery

Couple of quick work in progress shots. No idea whats going in it yet, but will update when its finally finished :)

4.jpg

Shows the colour better
5.jpg

Close up. Has a faint purble/white pearl which is hard to take a photo of.
3.jpg

Looks amazing Parsley :) - I've got a Lian Li A71B at the moment and considering moving to a different case - the Silverstone does look real neat, is it aluminum?

Also how are those Enermax case fans, pretty quiet? I'm using a single Apache on my Megahalems at the moment, pretty quiet but a a very deep hum seems to eminate from it.

I'm actually about to change them for some fans with better static pressure and a different bearing type. I find them to be quiet but in push pull and the position they are at, the top fan resonates and it get's annoying after awhile. Add to that these fans don't seem to enjoy being horizontal, they suffer reduced rpm.

It is a shame as without that resonance the system would be pretty much silent bar the gentle wooshing of air.

They'll be going into another rig to be re used though!

The internal "frame" of the case is Steel whilst the panels are Aluminium. The front, base and back panels are infact all one piece of Aluminium bent to form the sides, hence it's unibody construction :).

Last edited:
finally got around to rebuilding my main rig after the hd failure :)

so i have went from this -

probably the untidiest stacker in the world :)

to this -

a nice neat fractal design R2 with a new psu for good measure :) (seasonic x-650)

the fractal has much better cable management and looks a lot better externally but it can't touch the stacker from a cooling point of view :( even with 5 fans i'm getting about 5 degrees hotter idle temps and around 10 degree hotter load temps in ibt :(

but the stacker has the drive cage in the way also, i just thought it was because the stacker is so much bigger internally and has the mesh sides ?

*edit - turns out that coretemp and realtemp both report the 10 degrees higher temps but hwinfo32 and everest both report 10 degrees lower which would be in line with my temps in the stacker, which do i believe ?

Last edited:
The stacker hdd's and cage are facing forward though so it's much better airflow with much larger gaps for the airflow to get through.

Use coretemp and make sure the tj max setting is at 100c that will be the most accurate imo.

Most people seem to idle around 30-40c with a q6600 at 3.2 ghz + dependant on ambient temperature of course.

I'll be able to compare with you in a few days as I have a tuniq tower and getting a q6600 in the next few days.

Have you got any fans exhausting up the top ? might want to add one.

I'd say always go with the highest temp unless some setting in the software is wrong.

Last edited:
i had two at the top but removed the front one of the two as it was just stealing the cooler air from the tuniq, removing it lowered the temps by about 5 degrees.

i used to idle about 28 degrees in the stacker and in the high 50's under ibt or prime.

Added a much needed 2TB drive for media. Was dreading the added cable clutter and noise but then quietly lolled to myself when I remembered that it would add no extra clutter or noise :p

Excuse the quick point and shoot pics

pc_case_PC-7FWB_3drives.jpg

pc_case_PC-7FWB_3drives2.jpg

My first post in this thread.

Have gone from a Jeantech (2002 or so) mid tower case to a Antec P183 with my i7 overclocked rig I got from ocuk.

Here is the old build complete with 2 suspended hard drives, removed fan grilles and a fan modified OCZ StealthXStream PSU (was too damn noisy). As you can see it had not much in the way of cable management opportunities.
pc-innards.jpg

And now the P183.
P183-builds.jpg

I must get myself an extension for the 8 pin CPU cable and tidy up some of the leads down the bottom. I must also change the fan leads for the Noctua HSF and shorten them or tuck them away better.

It's not as flashy as some of the beautiful builds on here but it's got no window so just needs to be functional.

Got a fan controller for my kinda new Silverstone FT02. I'll post pictures of it when I completely finish it, which should be next month! I also did a little fan modding!

1000984o.jpg

This is the back of the fan, where I had to do the soldering :< For some reason, the fan wouldn't work without the original speed controller, so my plan was to make it shorter

1000989m.jpg

This is after I cut down and shortened the useless cable, you can see how much unnecessary cable there was!

1000988b.jpg

this When I stuck the fan grill back on, I also stuck some black insulation tape over the wires to cover them up. Before and after
1000992fr.jpg

1000991l.jpg

The switch just hung off

1000985u.jpg

So I super glued it on :3

1000990g.jpg

1000998s.jpg

1000975v.jpg

Success

I am using one of those fan controllers in my FT02.

If you dont mind me asking what have you achieved by shortening the cables?
mine are all neatly cable tied together around the back of the motherboard tray.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom