*** The New Cases Gallery ***

Soldato
Does it make a difference on the aio cpu cooler as to which side of the radiator you have the fans ??
Mine are on top of the rad and my cpu doesn't go above 60 degrees under load , wondering if I should swap it around after seeing these cases?

Associate
very nice khemist - real artsy photos too :D

are those cable sleeves clear or white? looks like that clear rubber tubing

Soldato
Haha, pretty unsightly.

The hardware is clean (as it's been apart recently) but the case could definitely do with some maintenance. I keep meaning to buy some compressed air. Maybe I'll try the case filters again.

Get it on a board if it's staying on the floor as that will draw dust fast, put on dust filters on all the fans except maybe rear exhaust and clean it well the first time and you won't have issues later on.

Soldato
I love the look of these cases but they are awful to work with, cable management is a nightmare so I'm fairly pleased with the finished product.

SDC10958.png

Associate
yeah they do look nice and from that pic the cable management is pretty good tbh
seems like a tight fit though, must be a pain removing those fans for dusting

Associate
id go with the green there khemist, makes your white components stand out and looks good :D

whats the card with the LEDs on?

Soldato

Do not sneeze near that!

Soldato
Get it on a board if it's staying on the floor as that will draw dust fast, put on dust filters on all the fans except maybe rear exhaust and clean it well the first time and you won't have issues later on.

I do need to lift it off the floor by a couple of inches, good suggestion. The air filters however, they hurt airflow so much I can't bring myself to run them :o

I have since given it a clean but will see what benefits I get from raising the case a little before I resort to running filters.

Soldato
The enevitable new case post on Christmas day.
Well, just over a week ago i decided to have a go at bringing my old 2500k setup back from the brink, it was old dusty neglected, falling apart at the seams. The graphics cards were dead/dying and the thermal paste on the cards/CPU was in good need of replacment. The water cooling setup was in good need of a clean out, hoses had discoloured, but i'll give mayhems their due, that fluid was pretty much the same as it went in 3 and a half years ago, and the blocks were still pristine on the inside.

So i ditched the cards, swapped out the old PSU (purely for peace of mind), stripped out the water cooling setup, and replaced it with a Corsair H110i AIO.

Best thing was the card that i bought to replace the old 6950's was an Nvidia gtx 1070, now i was going to go for the Zotac Amp edition but at last minute i decided to settle for the cheaper Inno3d hercules edition, a decision at the time i was a little unsure of but has unexpectedly paid off, as when i set everything up and started looking into things it turns out that I was provided with a 1080 and not a 1070 (packaging and stickers/serial etc show 1070, however BIOS and GPUZ, specs and clocks are 1080:D).

well this morning it appears santa took pity upon my old scabby, falling to peices, hacked and WC modded Corsair Obsidian 650D and left me a nice new shiney compact and clean NZXT 340s, needless to say i didnt waste any time swapping things over, took no time at all, and what a pleasure it was to build into.
OK so its not exactly premium materials or finish, but for the price its a very well thought out, neat and tidy design, and very easy on the eyes.

Need to sort out some new Fans, those stock ones are pretty loud, and i'll be getting a braided extension for the GPU PWR cable along with some braid combs for the 24pin/GPU/CPU to tidy things up.

But here it is for now, i'm happy and i'm back to gaming on Ultra settings:D

20161225_113325_zpso7avwamx.jpg

20161225_113544_zpsj3b6fosf.jpg

For reference, the old setup in its prime.
DSCF1020.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
looks great, i like the motherboard design - looks very high tech :D

that graphics card seems to me sagging a lot though, you might want to get one of those things to hold it up

Soldato
looks great, i like the motherboard design - looks very high tech :D

that graphics card seems to me sagging a lot though, you might want to get one of those things to hold it up
Cheers!:) Yeah its a heavy bugger with that cooler, I've already got a bit of Wooden dowl painted black that sits under there, which wasnt in for photo, looking at getting a support bracket like the Puget Systems GPU Brace or just make my own if i can be ******, i've got plenty of time before i go back to work to get creative with a dremel...:D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
EVOLV was 85% built 2 months ago, only just got round to migrating into it :cool:

6700K, 16GB 3GHz Vengeance, Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5, Superflower Leadex 850W, 4+2TB WD Red, 480GB Intel 730 SSD

pc_phanteks-evolv_sideangle-1.jpg

pc_phanteks-evolv_sideangle2.jpg

pc_phanteks-evolv_interior-portrait.jpg

Quite impressed with the amount of room to work with, and the other side is about as tidy as I can get it :p

The Phanteks fans seem to be about as quiet as the Corsair Air series were at low rpm (500-700), which is nice as I'm keeping the Airs for the old system re-build.

Edit*
The H115i stock fans were not that great as it turns out. At low RPM, they emit a mid frequency humming noise that's really annoying when working at the PC in quietness. I have replaced both fans with Corsair Air 140mm ones and it's MUCH better. Just the ambient whooshing of air to be heard now :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom