*** The New Cases Gallery ***

Associate
Ah I must have mist-read as I did see these receivers with LED strips and thought they all used IR, yeah that would have been better, damn. Do you think that RF will work with my LED strip as that looks much better then having a ugly box fixed on the back of the case?

But the main reason I bought a mains one, is so I can turn it on/off easily with or without the remote, as I have a mains socket right next to me.

it will work yes as the little connector is the receiver, like i said i have the same setup
All you need to do if you want to keep it setup on the main is replace the little white box with the RF one i linked.. much more compact and like i said it doesnt need line of sight unlike the IR one so makes using the remote easier if you wish to

you might want to look around incase you can find it cheaper elsewhere too, i just used that link to show you what i meant :p

Soldato
it will work yes as the little connector is the receiver, like i said i have the same setup
All you need to do if you want to keep it setup on the main is replace the little white box with the RF one i linked.. much more compact and like i said it doesnt need line of sight unlike the IR one so makes using the remote easier if you wish to

you might want to look around incase you can find it cheaper elsewhere too, i just used that link to show you what i meant :p

I will make do with it for the moment and will probably get one of those RF receivers later, as it will be much tidier and I am thinking that this box I will need to stick it to the back of my case and that will be always dropping off no doubt anyway, so thats going to annoy me in time. Thanks for the heads up.

The extension cable has just arrived in the post so hopefully I will be able to have a play later on.

Last edited:
Associate
I will make do with it for the moment anyway and I will probably get one of those RF receiver as it will be much tidier and I am thinking that I will need to stick the box to the back of my case and that will be always dropping off no doubt. Thanks for the heads up

The extension cable has just arrived in the post so hopefully I will be able to have a play later on.

no probs, they do work very well and imo they are much better than buying single strips..

Soldato
Here's my first attempt. I put the LEDs around the glass panel, they have to go over the rear fan, as the fan is butted up to the side of the case and it wont stick on the fan either so the strip is off the fan quite a way, so will have to think again about that or use a bit of super glue to stick it to the edge of the fan.

I haven't stuck the box anywhere yet as Im not sure where to put it, but I think it can go anywhere as the remote is pretty good and doesn't need a true line of sight for it to work. Sorry about the fingerprints and the dirty panel but there's no point cleaning it until I am happy with it.

Any thoughts?

DSCF0324.jpg

DSCF0327.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
honestly what i would do is the bit that goes over the fan, just cut the piece off.. the case will still light up
how it is now with it going over the fan looks pretty bad
they can be such a pain to setup depending on your case but once you get them in right, they do look good

other than that it looks great, surprising how much it lit up considering how dark the glass is..
and when you said extension i thought you meant a mains one, but i can see there its an extension to the little box.. which is good as you could hide it under your desk if you wanted or screw it to the underside of the desk

Soldato
honestly what i would do is the bit that goes over the fan, just cut the piece off.. the case will still light up
how it is now with it going over the fan looks pretty bad
they can be such a pain to setup depending on your case but once you get them in right, they do look good

other than that it looks great, surprising how much it lit up considering how dark the glass is..
and when you said extension i thought you meant a mains one, but i can see there its an extension to the little box.. which is good as you could hide it under your desk if you wanted or screw it to the underside of the desk

Thanks, and yes I am thinking to start and finish the LED strip at the fan as I am not happy with it going over the fan.

You can see why I needed the white extension cable as there's no lead on the led strip at all, its just a 4pin connector at the start of the LED strip. But yeah thats a thought, stick or screw the box under the table, Ummmm.

Soldato
:eek:

I tried the bracket with SSD on the rubber mounts, but the SATA and power cables just look a bit naff when the SSD is mounted mounted with the skull facing correct orientation. It's better the other way round, but the skull is upside down.

Little details matter!

I just finished building my brothers PC into the phantek enthoo pro case and the wires can be fed behind the psu cover thing and routed through to the back. I thought the wires looked naff with the ssd the opposite way with the wires fed through that hole in the psu cover.

My brother bought an Intel SSD 730 240GB after seeing yours as it looks "sick" apparently :D. Kinda want one myself, but you'd never see it in my Corsair 650D :(.

Soldato
Well I have taken off the LED strip and started again. This time I stated as close to the bottom of the fan and finished at the top of the fan, leaving the fan out all together. The cable now comes out of the top of the case and not at the bottom, so had to fix the box to the rear of the case.. So what do you think? I couldnt get the camera to focus very well as I couldnt use the flash..

The LEDs are suppose to be white, but they are a bluey white... Im guessing RGB LED stirips are not great ant making white, I should have got a cool white instead of RGB. But its not too bad, it matches my blue power button on the case and monitor..hehe.
Without side panel
DSCF0395.jpg

With clean side panel..... hehe
DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0404.jpg

Associate
ah thats much better! nice and clean look too
also the box on the back is tidy enough, im guessing you cant even see it once your pc is in place

and about the white well, it looks white to me lol.. but also having the RGB gives you more options if you feel like changing the colours

the only trouble is your window is on the wrong side so your not even going to see it most of the time :p

Soldato
It just looks like cool white, which does have a hint of blue/purple sometimes. The other option is warm white which is more yellow, but not sure if that would be right in a PC case.

Also peel that tempered glass warning sticker off!

Soldato
ah thats much better! nice and clean look too
also the box on the back is tidy enough, im guessing you cant even see it once your pc is in place

Thanks, I wanted to attached the box to the case somehow anyway, to make it like the LED's are part of the case and not something I threw together. Like having a mains plug isn't great, but I wasn't even thinking about lighting up my pc till a few days ago when I came across mains LEDs. I cant stand any lights when Im sleeping and my pc shares media throughout the house, so its on quite often when Im sleeping.

the only trouble is your window is on the wrong side so your not even going to see it most of the time :p

Yean that's a real bummer, and I couldn't really have it the right side of me as I need plenty of room for the mouse.. I'll prob mainly have the lighting on when I get visitors and wot not, like its a tad pointless me having the lighting on, as I cannot see it when Im using the pc:mad:

Also peel that tempered glass warning sticker off!

haha i think i said the same thing when he first posted the case :p

The sticker looked quite good without the lighting, but not so great now with the lighting, its not even straight lol. So yeah I think its time for it to go, but Im amazed its still on with the amount of times the glass has been cleaned.

Last edited:
Associate
Here is my case, first proper build I have tried on. Had since black friday and just rebuilt neat-ishly room and desk are next...
InsideCase_zpsedu99ycd.jpg

RearCase_zps3rtxhv7o.jpg

Before you say anything I know the case needs a clean that is the task for the weekend.

Associate
Yes well kinda, had a lot of DIY to do in the house and i have nowhere to move my PC so covered it but dust is dust and I had the case from a previous build so some is left over as i hate cleaning

Caporegime
I had a TJ08 before and loved it, i almost bought the Titanium version from USA recently.

We will see after a few more drinks.

Seen some pics of the Titanium on OCN and I'm really not sure on the colour tbh.

Looks like its a pain to build in though, then again so does every small case.. atleast to me :p prefer mid myself

It's possibly one of the easiest I've ever done. Mobo tray is completely removable. HDD cage fits well even with a good sized graphics card, the only issue I have is the cage on the bottom for 2.5" which isn't removable and the pre-existing cables for the front fans & buttons, etc are so long they take up a lot of space.

Soldato
Im loving the small, clean cases look now, as the big cases are starting looking like old school with the way technology is changing(not to offend anyone;))... So I changed to the smaller, clean silver look a few months ago... Even tho I have a smaller case, there's still loads of room in there, and it can take a longer gpu then my old case too

P.s....... I bet the curved monitor/tv will fade out in a few years, as there's no purpose for them other then looks.

DSCF0321.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom