*** The New Cases Gallery ***

Associate
what rpm does the cpu fan go to maintain 55C under load?

interesting to know as i have the 4670k running stock speeds with a evo 212 and ive seen temps around 65C on some games..
you think i should remove it and re-paste?

Associate
yeah i think i definitely need to re-paste it then.. mine idles at around 650rpm but goes beyond 1000 during certain games (its set on a fan curve, so more heat = more rpm)

thats my task for today then... was meaning to open the case up for a general clean anyway

edit - done that, didnt take as long as expected.. one thing i forgot though was to benchmark it before so i could see if there was a temp difference...

anyway i ran valley benchmark for around 5mins and hit 48C at most.. will just have to see overtime if any games take it back to 60-65 ish

Last edited:
Associate
Put some vinyl wrap on the front of my Evolv ITX case. First time so it wasn't perfect; theres a few bubbles and folds around the edges but I'm quite happy. I've got 2 more sheets to perfect it. I will be getting the tempered glass version of this case when its released
DcJ3tlI.jpg

that looks excellent.

Can I ask where you got the vinyl from?

Associate
that looks excellent. Can I ask where you got the vinyl from?
Cheers. Type this on your favourite auction site and you'll find it ' Red Camouflage Vinyl 152 x 30cm'. You plan on getting some? Which case do you own? The vinyl has started to lift a bit where the panel curves in. Will have to redo it soon, hopefully there'll be zero bubbles next time

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers. Type this on your favourite auction site and you'll find it ' Red Camouflage Vinyl 152 x 30cm'. You plan on getting some? Which case do you own? The vinyl has started to lift a bit where the panel curves in. Will have to redo it soon, hopefully there'll be zero bubbles next time

if your case is empty the best way to apply vinyl is to use a fine water spray with washing up liquid on the case surface first then apply the vinyl, then squeeze out the water (& bubbles) with a squidgy or credit card

Associate

I did plan to but after a quick photoshop decided against it, my case is a Corsair 540.

There are a few marks on the side panel and front and did plan to wrap the case a few months ago to cover these up but read the vinyl doesn't stick to the plastic well ... I guess you could give the plastic parts a quick light sand before applying the vinyl?

My case is white so will be easy to repaint again.

Associate
qTa4boQh.jpg

My Krakens pump died so incomes a h100i V2 while I wait for the replacement

Also sold my FE1080's and replaced them with the 1080ti FTW3 cards which are epic!

Roll on coffeelake now

I am also tempted to swap the case out for something different, this thread is giving me some ideas

Back
Top Bottom