The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

And

And

Associate
Thanks. Sounds like a vast improvement on the 1DX typewriter (aka silent) mode.

Live view has always been slightly more accurate so I'm not surprised with dual pixel it's even better, good to hear.

Caporegime
Canon was playing catch up due to the long life cycle of the 5D but the dual pixel AF with touchscreen shooting really makes the camera feel like a big improvement in a user friendly/experience wise over the mk3.

I don't care for the video features that some people are upset about so that aspect don't bother me. The DR is not a Sony beater but close enough not to warrant a system change.

And

And

Associate
Not really bothered about video myself - I've done a little bit on the 1DX but prefer taking stills.

From what I've read it's a jump in DR, even Nikon/Sony-centric DxO/DPReview rate it. Should serve me well for hide work and landscapes, will be a good replacement for the 1DMkIV I sold a while back and a good back up/alternative for the 1DX.

I've too much in lenses to switch though I could probably get all my money back considering how much they've jumped in price.

Soldato
:D

35ii.jpg

Soldato
Raymond Lin;30497058 said:
Canon was playing catch up due to the long life cycle of the 5D but the dual pixel AF with touchscreen shooting really makes the camera feel like a big improvement in a user friendly/experience wise over the mk3.

I don't care for the video features that some people are upset about so that aspect don't bother me. The DR is not a Sony beater but close enough not to warrant a system change.

Nice to hear an objective review from a real world user!

Soldato
Raymond Lin;30498765 said:
My plans are to get a A7R2 as a back up/travel camera still. I wouldn't use a Sony for wedding work, apparently there are a lot of lags in the photo review and also the camera crashes and require reboots. That has never happened on any Canon I've own.

My 5D3 has locked up with an error twice, both times requiring removal of the battery slide from the grip to reset it.

Soldato
Had a 5d3 lock up doing confetti shots, luckily it was a long line of people wanting to throw and had a second camera to hand I was planning to use a few seconds later anyway. Also had the same camera fail to shoot to a new card without any errors but not been able to replicate that issue.

Associate
Well, that's their quote, price could go down when they get it.

It's £1150 for one and then £1015 for the other as one has a scratched LCD so I put that as Good, the other as Excellent. condition. Also I know I will get paid, and its s safe. I sold them a 5D2 last week as a tester for £520.
ive used them a number of times, as long as your description was honest then they pay what they quote.

Caporegime
ive used them a number of times, as long as your description was honest then they pay what they quote.

The condition is honest but I didn't know they had a 60,000 level in shutter to knock it down from Excellent (£580 quote) to Good. My shutter was at 62k. Which for a 5D2 that is almost 8 years old is pretty good I'd thought since the shutter is rated at like 250,000.

Associate
The condition is honest but I didn't know they had a 60,000 level in shutter to knock it down from Excellent (£580 quote) to Good. My shutter was at 62k. Which for a 5D2 that is almost 8 years old is pretty good I'd thought since the shutter is rated at like 250,000.
they are open about their policy's but yep you do have to read their site or contact them, buts that's no Biggy for the service they offer

Associate
I am not too bothered, it's fair for the service and lack of hassle and don't have to worry all kind of things selling to a private individual or eBay fees.

Yeah they are very good indeed I must agree. Bought and sold a few things with them and always been accurate with descriptions and always been paid what they quote. Never had an issue at all.

Back
Top Bottom