The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Caporegime
OK, so not cheap but not far off some other prices I have seen recently (near £100). Will note down for the future :). I am a little way off from shots and techniques like that, haven't really ventured much into outdoor/landscape. Concentrating on improving my wedding work and LR for now :). Plus I need to find some beautiful scenery with a sea or waterfall first - not seen any in SW London yet :p.

Caporegime
Yeah pretty much. You could get yourself some nice shots by the thames :D

Its odd, but I am finding Landscape actually harder than wedding work!

I'm currently agnosing over my next filter purchase, but I think I've decided :)

Soldato
£122. Picked it up from philnortonphotography.co.uk - he is an ambassador for NISI in the UK. VERY responsive, has a FB Page for his site, replies pretty quickly if you're interested. As you've seen in the other thread, it produces excellent results, I am very pleased :)

In terms of cheapness, I think its relative. I have been wanting a 10 stop filter since I borrowed one back in 2013 to go to Iceland from a member here. So it has been a long time coming.

The expensive bit is now I want ND Grads and what not and they're all £122 a pop :o

Also its nice to know you have systems like the "Old Wine Country" setup which make this look cheap!
That's where I got my nd filter for my 12-24 Sony

Caporegime
setup2.jpg

setup1.jpg

LEE Filter holder with some customer rails to for this specific lens so there is no vignetting (only an issue on UWA lenses) and the rails came with the lens adapter, bought from shapeways - https://www.shapeways.com/product/F...4mm-lee-filter-holder-kit-eco?li=shareProduct

Sorry for the crap phone snaps :)

Soldato
That's what "sick" days are for....camera deliverys=sick day :)
Not for me unfortunately, haven't phoned in sick in the 7 years I've been at my current work place. :) I do have 6 days off from Thursday though so i need a lens quick!! I'm going to have a walk around the shops on Friday and see if i can find a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 in stock, wish me luck! :)

Soldato
Not for me unfortunately, haven't phoned in sick in the 7 years I've been at my current work place. :) I do have 6 days off from Thursday though so i need a lens quick!! I'm going to have a walk around the shops on Friday and see if i can find a Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 in stock, wish me luck! :)
Good luck :)

Associate
Walk around the shops? Don't you have a phone :p

Caporegime
What was the reason for choosing the 85mm f/1.8?

85/1.8 FE is the best bang for buck 85mm on the Sony mount.
The Batis has OSS but it is at a price that is too close to the Sigma, and still 1.8.
The Sigma, if you can live with the size, is the best value for IQ.
The Sony GM is the one to go for if you want true native performance, 1.4 and the smoothest bokeh.

Back
Top Bottom