The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Don
Yep, she borrowed 10 mil from him to finance her part of the deal of buying the club from him. Was on the proviso that she didn’t badmouth him or rip up all the sports direct signage when the deal went through. The day after the deal went through and after immediately bad mouthing him to the press and ripping the signage down he was understandably a little upset so asked for payment in full which of course she doesn’t have.
She’s living on her own little pyramid scheme, not a penny to her name but borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. She must have some powers of persuasion. Fair play to her, shes now part owner of a premier league football club for what appears to be zero capital outlay, I’d do the same if I could get away with it.
Another loan incoming for Staveley by the looks of it. She's just lost a high court case to have a bankruptcy petition brought against her to be set aside. Assuming she's not successful in any appeal, she's got less than a month to pay some Greek shipping magnate £3.6m or she could be declared bankrupt and her case with Ashley is still on going.

Regarding you doing the same if you could, if what some senior Barclay's bankers alleged about her is true, I'm not sure you would ;)

Associate
An away friendly against Holy Island is probably they closest we'll get to European football.

Theres a decent piece by Craig Hope recently, although the DM website is awful. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ing-earth.html?ico=authors_pagination_desktop

He seems to be pointing the blame directly at player recruitment and it is hard to argue against it. The 4 big signings Newcastle made in the summer have made a total of 17 starts between them for an outlay of 150m.
Tonali - not ready for the league and needed time to settle, just like Howe did with Bruno to good effect
Barnes - replacement / competition for Gordon who has quite comfortably been this seasons top performer
Hall - Clearly not rated by Howe
Tino - Good signing but competition for Trippier who was comfortably last seasons best performer.

Meanwhile leaving the team short of centre forward who can play more than three games in row without breaking down, a right sided midfielder to upgrade on Almiron, a left back to play ahead of both Target and Dummet who it is clear Howe doesn't like and a centre mid who can win the ball.
Big money on baby full backs probably wasn't the play in hindsight as much as I rate Tino

Soldato
Another loan incoming for Staveley by the looks of it. She's just lost a high court case to have a bankruptcy petition brought against her to be set aside. Assuming she's not successful in any appeal, she's got less than a month to pay some Greek shipping magnate £3.6m or she could be declared bankrupt and her case with Ashley is still on going.

Regarding you doing the same if you could, if what some senior Barclay's bankers alleged about her is true, I'm not sure you would ;)
Please don't underestimate the levels I would stoop to. :cry:

Caporegime
200w.gif

Soldato
most journos think that any ban is going to be concurrent as they (the FA) are treating the betting in Italy and England as one thing - which he's already being punished for.
These are new bets since he arrived at Newcastle and hes bet on his own club. I can see him facing another ban.

Pet Northerner
Don
These are new bets since he arrived at Newcastle and hes bet on his own club. I can see him facing another ban.
From what I gathered this was Aug - Oct, which Tonali already admitted to - this is the FA taking 9 months to do something the Italians sorted in weeks.

This is not something he's done after he was caught on Oct 18th.

Soldato
From what I gathered this was Aug - Oct, which Tonali already admitted to - this is the FA taking 9 months to do something the Italians sorted in weeks.

This is not something he's done after he was caught on Oct 18th.
The original ban was related to bets whilst he was playing in Italy was it not? The new charges and any subsequent punishment will be for what he did whilst playing for newcastle and are separate from the original ban.

I've seen a few dodgy moments such as arguing and not leaving the pitch whilst being subbed so as to get a yellow. Speaking of wonder if we'll hear anything about paqueta next..

Pet Northerner
Don
The original ban was related to bets whilst he was playing in Italy was it not? The new charges and any subsequent punishment will be for what he did whilst playing for newcastle and are separate from the original ban.

I've seen a few dodgy moments such as arguing and not leaving the pitch whilst being subbed so as to get a yellow. Speaking of wonder if we'll hear anything about paqueta next..
Maybe, but from what the NE journos were saying is that the belief is that the FA are considering it one period of continuous betting.

Apparently his betting was more towards the team he was on winning when it involved himself. I’ll use apparently as we (as fans) aren’t privy to all the facts.

The consensus on Tyneside is that there’ll be a ban, but concurrent to his current one.

Knowing this season for us he’ll either get another 3 years, or tear up his acl first game in September.

Soldato
Hadn’t really played much so not sure you can say his form was good. It is a blow though no doubt but pushes Burn to CB and means Hall surely has to start. Dunno the status of Trippier or Target. I assumed Krafth got crocked at the weekend but Howe said he took him off to put an attacker on so he’s an option although he’s a bit of a nothing player imo.
Starts for Anderson and Barnes are a no brainer. Willock on the right and Isak came through a tough game looking well. Not a bad side imo, enough to beat Everton you’d hope.

Soldato
Hadn’t really played much so not sure you can say his form was good. It is a blow though no doubt but pushes Burn to CB and means Hall surely has to start. Dunno the status of Trippier or Target. I assumed Krafth got crocked at the weekend but Howe said he took him off to put an attacker on so he’s an option although he’s a bit of a nothing player imo.
Starts for Anderson and Barnes are a no brainer. Willock on the right and Isak came through a tough game looking well. Not a bad side imo, enough to beat Everton you’d hope.
How many times have we given a team that’s not won away for months a helping hand, and a striker that couldn’t hit the floor if he fell on it a free goal, have you learned nothing as a Newcastle fan :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back
Top Bottom