The next Predator movie - Prey (2022 on Hulu)

Soldato
Soldato
I am hoping it turns out decent. I hugely enjoyed Predators and the first AvP (mainly because of the ancient temple/hunt aspect).

The R rating means it has some potential though I don’t understand the Hulu relationship.

Associate
I like the idea of Horror films that are set in period times.

Yet to see a decent one, Bone Tomahawk was the last one I watched, a great idea only to be a terrible film.

Good to see it is R rated. The kid friendly Robocop remake from a few years back was a disaster. Not got high hopes but I would like to be surprised. Hope its not naff CGI blood/giblets (ala Rambo 4).

A singe Predator against a tribe would be chaos, and when killed, simply lets rip with an Atom Bomb. That'll teach them. :eek:

Soldato
Oh!! Has that been confirmed? I heard they were thinking of going PG-13. Maybe being on Hulu means they can just go for the R.
Yeah, it got confirmed a few weeks back, I found it strange that an R rating seemed bad :D

I think going straight to streaming helps in that they don't worry about lost revenue at cinema due to an R rating.

Soldato
OP
The first half of the trailer (the acting/script) felt very weak to me but the last half (the action) looked quite good. I'm just hoping there's enough of the "action" to nullify any complaints I might have about the story/script. So far the action stuff looks to be going the way I thought, unable to use her (limited) strength so resorting to traps etc just like the original.

Back
Top Bottom