The Next Time You Eat Chicken

Associate
I dont understand why they poke a hole in the egg. Chickens dont do that to their eggs?

Its a vaccination injected into the fluid around the chick. Protects them against a common disease.

Know all this since the age of 5 as both my mother and father worked in the industry whilst I was primary school age and would often go with my dad into the hatchery and massive chicken filled sheds.

Bit I never liked was when they burnt the beaks of the chicks to stop them doing damage to one another, smell is horrendous. :(

Still eat loads of chicken btw

Soldato
True but we'd be able to put up a bit mroe of a fight....

Only initially, once all or most 'wild' humans were taken care of the future ones would know no better, they would have little intelligence and be worse off than cavemen if treated so, isn't it the same for animals? They were once wild and would fight but now they don't even try because they know no different, such things are disturbing to think about.

I won't link to it but theres a video on google called earthlings, its sad and sickening how life can be treated on this planet, i know in nature things eat other things but humans do it on a different level, the mass production for food is wrong, humans should learn to consume less than half of what they use animals for and it should always be done with no suffering and some quality of life, in the future i hope its done artificially.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I only buy free range chicken and eggs, I do believe they should be given a life, even though they are only chickens.

Must be torture to just stand in the same place all day, for your whole life.

Soldato
Poor little ******s

thats what I say , just before I put a dead one in the oven at gas 5 :p

Nah, I've watched all the stuff, cattle slaughterhouses, the works, still love my meat, it's just damn expensive :(

me too, I've seen allsorts of nasty stuff but it hasn't put me off eating any meat

I did feel a bit sorry for the battery hens when I watched hugh fearnlys program about it but when I see a premium free range chicken for £8 and then see a £2.50 chicken I always buy the cheap one

I did try a freee range but it tased the same tbh

Soldato
That is nothing compared to what I saw google for a site called "farm to fridge" and you will be shocked and sickened.

Soldato
Anyway what does it matter how the animal was treated? As long as the food is healthy and tastes good why would it bother anyone?

Soldato
Anyway what does it matter how the animal was treated? As long as the food is healthy and tastes good why would it bother anyone?

Wtf of course it matters, nothing should suffer if at all possible, we have the intelligence and empathy (you would hope) to know better and prevent any unnecessary suffering in the world, no animal should have to endure crap all their life, its bad enough they have it taken so another can live, at the very least these animals should be treated with care and respect for what they provide.

Permabanned
Wtf of course it matters, nothing should suffer if at all possible, we have the intelligence and empathy (you would hope) to know better and prevent any unnecessary suffering in the world, no animal should have to endure crap all their life, its bad enough they have it taken so another can live, at the very least these animals should be treated with care and respect for what they provide.
Since when was empathy natural, or ever occurred in nature?

And don't use the argument that humans are "above" nature and evolved empathy through intelligence and conciousness because that will backfire on you; if you say we're above animals in that way, then you are conceding that we are concious of our actions/feelings in a way animals are not - in which case the animals don't know what is happening to them.

Last edited:
Soldato

not everyone thinks the same way as you

I don't think too much how an animal is treated before it ends up on my plate, and to be honest I don't care a great deal until I read or see some examples of poorly treated animals, then I feel a bit sorry for them but by the next day this is forgotten and I go back to eating meat again without a care in the world

Back
Top Bottom